Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    According to his twitter, Edinboro has hired Westminster OC Rich DeMaio.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Harry
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Wonderful introductory press conference by Jake Nulph. A lot of love for the people he had in his life while at RMU - but he said he wants to build a program in the image of what Paul Torterella is doing at IUP. That's a nice compliment for Coach Tort.
    Hope he can bring Tort's schollie $$$ with him

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Wonderful introductory press conference by Jake Nulph. A lot of love for the people he had in his life while at RMU - but he said he wants to build a program in the image of what Paul Torterella is doing at IUP. That's a nice compliment for Coach Tort.
    That is quite a compliment, especially for a coach in the same division.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Anybody remember playing on 'turf' in the 90s? It was fairly rare in high school back then. I played a game against Central Catholic at Carnegie Mellon. It might as well have been in the parking lot.
    WV Tech had turf in the mid 2000's still. The one and only game I played on turf. Weird playing in basketball shoes.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Anybody remember playing on 'turf' in the 90s? It was fairly rare in high school back then. I played a game against Central Catholic at Carnegie Mellon. It might as well have been in the parking lot.
    NA had turf and I want to say Mt Lebanon did too.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

13 years. We're the new Lock Haven.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by BoroBacker View Post

I will wait to judge the hire until after year two. If the direction of the program is pointing up.....then it's a great hire. Might not show in wins and losses until year three,,,,but will they be competing in year two.

Turf is only covered by insurances for 8 years. How old is the turf?
    13 years. We're the new Lock Haven.

Leave a comment:

• BoroBacker
    replied
    I'm okay with the hire. Was kind of excited for the possibility of Benzel because he's a known quantity as a head coach in the western half of PA. But given the RMU connection several people have told me they think he's a great hire. They know more than me so I'll trust their instincts - one guy compared his energy to Lustig. I like young, I like hungry, and I like regional ties. I hope that his family moves to Edinboro and they dig in.

Now we've gotta find the money for new turf and more scholarship dollars.
    I will wait to judge the hire until after year two. If the direction of the program is pointing up.....then it's a great hire. Might not show in wins and losses until year three,,,,but will they be competing in year two.

Turf is only covered by insurances for 8 years. How old is the turf?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I'm okay with the hire. Was kind of excited for the possibility of Benzel because he's a known quantity as a head coach in the western half of PA. But given the RMU connection several people have told me they think he's a great hire. They know more than me so I'll trust their instincts - one guy compared his energy to Lustig. I like young, I like hungry, and I like regional ties. I hope that his family moves to Edinboro and they dig in.

Now we've gotta find the money for new turf and more scholarship dollars.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    In my opinion this was a great hire by Boro. Inject some youth and fire in the coaching staff and him being young he will have the ears of kids debating between taking a few bucks to sit 2-3 years at Rock/IUP/Cal or take $1000 and play immediately. In the PSAC there are definitely ways to get around the scholarship numbers when you recruit top notch academic kids (WCU is very well known to do this, hence why they have a pipe line to many of the Philly Catholic League schools whose kids who didn't get the D1 offers used to just go to John Hopkins or the local D3's like Delaware Valley and Widener). Will be looking to see how his announcement helps with recruiting in the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    He was co-DC at St Francis then left to be a Benzels DC at Westminster. Was STC at Duquesne too.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    It's a giant leap going from a young(-ish)position coach who is typically 'buddy buddy' with the players to being the head man.

That's typically the biggest obstacle ... dealing with discipline, etc. I'd peg Nulph to be about 35-36 years old.

If somebody would have said an IUP assisant ... nobody would have guessed him. I immediately assumed it was Tate Gregory. But, perhaps Edinboro found a steal. The current generation will likely enjoy having a head coach who is a little more hip, young, etc.

Leave a comment:

• PSACfan1
    replied

Has to convince kids to choose Edinboro for pennies on IUP and Rocks dollars.
    Bingo. Wishing him well though. Let's give him a few classes then assess. SnackBar's post seems a tad too early.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Apollo-Ridge
    Okay, that does ring a bell there.

-

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X