• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Child
    replied
    Re: IUP Football 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'll take two out of the three 'revenue' sports any day. Very special day for IUP.

We'd need one of the stat guys like Horror Child to comment but I can't imagine this has happened too often.
    Oddity in 2010 when IUP won the men and Gannon won the women after 2009 when IUP won the women and Gannon won the men.

One school holding both PSAC basketball titles:

1987 Millersville
    1983 Cheyney
    1982 Cheyney
    1980 Cheyney

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    *Sigh*......Man Nation., you had to bring that up. But I think they pretty much choked in the 2017 season than last year. I think the team in 2018 overall had the wrong mindset.

They may have but they probably were still the best team and they blew it.

Hopefully the students pack the KCAC next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    It should have been 3 for 3 but the foosball team choked.
    *Sigh*......Man Nation., you had to bring that up. But I think they pretty much choked in the 2017 season than last year. I think the team in 2018 overall had the wrong mindset.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 03-10-2019, 08:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    I'll take two out of the three 'revenue' sports any day. Very special day for IUP.

We'd need one of the stat guys like Horror Child to comment but I can't imagine this has happened too often.

It should have been 3 for 3 but the foosball team choked.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    The haters are gonna be hating now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    What a day ...

IUP wins both the men's and women's conference title.

The haters are gonna be hating now.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

What a day ...

CONGRATS!!!! GREAT day for IUP!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

What a day ...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

For those unaware, both the IUP men's and women's basketball teams advanced to today's PSAC Finals.

The women play at Kutztown and the men play Mercyhurst in an all-West final (KCAC).

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I would guess his feet are good given the post season honors. Even though it is supposed that the post season stuff can be political, I still have to believe that a kid has to be a player to get the nod. Besides, IUP runs the ball more than passes so I would expect them to look for a large squat posterior chained individual to plug in at guard. All I know about Dauberman's feet is they have to be big at 6' 4', probably a size 14 or 15. With his size, he may have the "levers" to play tackle - pending of course the foot speed. I don't imagine an all conference and 3rd team All American would be joining the program as a depth player. Mcallister at right guard, Arnold at center. Where else but left guard does a 6' 0" 290lb guy fit? Unless they switch him over to D-Tackle - but I'm just throwing that out there as a thinking out load passing thought giving that he's a low probability depth player. If he is indeed coming to IUP.
    It will be interesting to see who is actually coming to IUP and the competition for the open spots on the OL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    Wide posterior = Bubble Butt. Power to push. Does he have the feet for pass protect and react to DL spin moves and stunts?

Dauberman to tackle is intriguing. How are his feet?
    I would guess his feet are good given the post season honors. Even though it is supposed that the post season stuff can be political, I still have to believe that a kid has to be a player to get the nod. Besides, IUP runs the ball more than passes so I would expect them to look for a large squat posterior chained individual to plug in at guard. All I know about Dauberman's feet is they have to be big at 6' 4', probably a size 14 or 15. With his size, he may have the "levers" to play tackle - pending of course the foot speed. I don't imagine an all conference and 3rd team All American would be joining the program as a depth player. Mcallister at right guard, Arnold at center. Where else but left guard does a 6' 0" 290lb guy fit? Unless they switch him over to D-Tackle - but I'm just throwing that out there as a thinking out load passing thought giving that he's a low probability depth player. If he is indeed coming to IUP.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
    Whatever the situation was or is, smart move by staff, another arm for Spring ball and a good look to see talent level. If not satisfied bring on another transfer for August, it's not Rocket science...in addition rumor has it the OL got a boost with a all conference player from another D2 program....just sayin
    Matt,

We are aware of Nazir Streater from LIU Post. IUPMonk was questioning what IUP412 stated regarding an All Conference D2 OL possibly transferring to IUP. I think it could be Alderson Broaddus RS Jr Donovan McNelis, a product of Penn Trafford.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied

Anybody know from what D2 program the rumored all conference player from another D2 program is transferring from to IUP?
    https://youtu.be/qfBCACRfVYE

Leave a comment:

• IUP Ebbs
    replied

Alderson Broaddus RS Jr Donovan McNelis is a good guess. Penn Trafford/Irwin, RJr which would indicate, I think, he graduated so he can transfer without sitting a year and doesn't need coach blessing to transfer. I figure at 6' 0" 290, he has that wide posterior chain that suites guards well and they can move out one of their taller gaurds - like Dauberman - to tackle.
    Wide posterior = Bubble Butt. Power to push. Does he have the feet for pass protect and react to DL spin moves and stunts?

Dauberman to tackle is intriguing. How are his feet?

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied

Alderson Broaddus RS Jr Donovan McNelis is a good guess. Penn Trafford/Irwin, RJr which would indicate, I think, he graduated so he can transfer without sitting a year and doesn't need coach blessing to transfer. I figure at 6' 0" 290, he has that wide posterior chain that suites guards well and they can move out one of their taller gaurds - like Dauberman - to tackle.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X