Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gannon, Mercyhurst, Seton Hill budgets survive Covid-19?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Gannon, Mercyhurst, Seton Hill budgets survive Covid-19?

Any thoughts. Urbana has folded. Could the PSAC basically return to the traditional PA schools plus Shepherd?

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Any thoughts. Urbana has folded. Could the PSAC basically return to the traditional PA schools plus Shepherd?
    With the endowments they have, GU-$63M, MC-$32M, SHU-$37M, I expect they will get the credit line needed to carry them through. Only SHU strikes me as a program that might think about stepping down to any of several very nice D3 conferences in Western PA and becoming the big frog in a small pond.

Comment

Gannon at its largest enrollment in the last 20 yrs. Gannon investing $20M in its cyber/sec program.
      Extreme Networks investing $12M in GU partnership.
      https://www.gannon.edu/shareworthydetail.aspx?id=830
      Gannon offers 6 doctor degrees and also operates a campus in Ruskin, Fla

In 2010 boro had 8,642 last yr 4,646.
      Boro seems in the category of Mansfield & LHaven

I think GU is good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
        Gannon at its largest enrollment in the last 20 yrs. Gannon investing $20M in its cyber/sec program.
        Extreme Networks investing $12M in GU partnership.
        https://www.gannon.edu/shareworthydetail.aspx?id=830
        Gannon offers 6 doctor degrees and also operates a campus in Ruskin, Fla

In 2010 boro had 8,642 last yr 4,646.
        Boro seems in the category of Mansfield & LHaven

I think GU is good to go
        They've been stable for a long time. One of my best friends from HS went there and that was a LONG TIME AGO. Only time I ever went there was to see a hs BB playoff game versus ERIE CATHEDRAL PREP. Also ancient history.

Comment

Urbana was in trouble before Covid-19 so they're more an exception. Haven't heard much to suggest financial issues at Mercyhurst or Seton Hill. Cash liquidity is what will keep schools open. Gannon's Florida campus is keeping it above water.

Edinboro is safe. Their reserves are among the highest in the system. The PASSHE chancellor was quoted this morning as doing anything he can to reject plans to consolidate schools. Remember, if a school closes the state is still on the hook for their debt and the local economy suffers immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            With the endowments they have, GU-$63M, MC-$32M, SHU-$37M, I expect they will get the credit line needed to carry them through. Only SHU strikes me as a program that might think about stepping down to any of several very nice D3 conferences in Western PA and becoming the big frog in a small pond.
            Seton Hill obviously would be an ideal fit in the local D3 conference with W&J, etc. Truth be told their football program wouldn't even win that league right now. Football and men's basketball, frankly, are just awful right now in Greensburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
              Urbana was in trouble before Covid-19 so they're more an exception. Haven't heard much to suggest financial issues at Mercyhurst or Seton Hill. Cash liquidity is what will keep schools open. Gannon's Florida campus is keeping it above water.

Edinboro is safe. Their reserves are among the highest in the system. The PASSHE chancellor was quoted this morning as doing anything he can to reject plans to consolidate schools. Remember, if a school closes the state is still on the hook for their debt and the local economy suffers immediately.
              I think for any short-term repercussions from coronavirus the schools are all in it together - all for one, one for all scenario. However, while the conversation has not been initiated, schools can be bought and sold. Urbana is a prime example. It was bought by Franklin University in 2014.

I think there will be a lot of privatization of government services in PA as a result of coronavirus and it could come into play with the PASSHE. I think it would actually be something for them to consider.

Comment

I'd worry about the state public schools before I worried about the 3 private schools in the PSAC...Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                  I'd worry about the state public schools before I worried about the 3 private schools in the PSAC...Am I wrong?
                  Correct. The PASSHE has members in much bigger trouble than the three privates.

I assume UPJ wasn't mentioned in the original title of this thread due to its affiliation with H2P.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    Good to hear on the boro. It is much needed in NW Pa. Take away EUP and village of Edinboro dies. Best of luck to all the PSAC schools, its going to be a tough next few yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. The PASSHE has members in much bigger trouble than the three privates.
                      Anyone heard anything about Cheyney?

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

If the system doesn't take this opportunity to 1) merge them with WCU or 2) close them down, using COVID19 as an excuse, I will be less than impressed with their management savvy.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

https://www.google.com/amp/s/6abc.co...ities/5890710/n

Comment

Comment

Close schools to save $25 million, decimate rural communities for untold amounts in lost tax revenue and significant increases in social services. I know how I'd vote.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X