Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan Lutz

Logan Lutz, son of Slippery Rock head coach Shawn Lutz, committed to Duquesne. Interesting choice.

From Corey Corbin on Twitter:

Re: Logan Lutz

Wr lutz commits one day ..wr crute from aliquippa de-commits the next day.

Comment

A couple thoughts:

1) Doesn't want to learn/live/play in Dad's shadow

2) Blessed with the opportunity to live his dream to play "D1 football"

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
        Wr lutz commits one day ..wr crute from aliquippa de-commits the next day.
        Yikes I don't recall ever seeing such a reversal.

Tweeted his commitment to Duquesne at 8:33am.

Tweeted that he's de-committing at 3:11pm.

Comment

If he got a full ride to Duqusne ... that's pretty hard to pass up compared to a state school.

He'll always have SRU as a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Yikes I don't recall ever seeing such a reversal.

Tweeted his commitment to Duquesne at 8:33am.

Tweeted that he's de-committing at 3:11pm.
            Maybe committing to the "University of Duquesne" didn't make him feel quite as "humbled and blessed" after lunch as it did before breakfast ......... jus sayin
            Last edited by BallHawkin; 01-29-2019, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BallHawkin View Post
              Maybe committing to the "University of Duquesne" did make him feel quite as "humbled and blessed" after lunch as it did before breakfast ......... jus sayin
              His reversal did say "after speaking with my parents"...makes me wonder if they did the math on a $5,000 football scholarship at a school that the average kid pays $30k to attend.

Comment

I don't know how many 'official' offers he had, but judging by his Twitter page, he had offers from Slippery Rock, Lake Erie and Duquesne.

Normally, I would be surprised by his choice. But Duquesne had a good season last year (9-4, a playoff win and a road game at Hawaii). Plus, I don't know what the kid's goals are academically. Maybe he doesn't want to be a physical education teacher or physical therapist :wink:

Comment

Trying to not get this too far off topic, but I saw that Duquesne is returning to Hawaii in 2022 then in 2023 play at WVU. YIKES.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                    I don't know how many 'official' offers he had, but judging by his Twitter page, he had offers from Slippery Rock, Lake Erie and Duquesne.

Normally, I would be surprised by his choice. But Duquesne had a good season last year (9-4, a playoff win and a road game at Hawaii). Plus, I don't know what the kid's goals are academically. Maybe he doesn't want to be a physical education teacher or physical therapist :wink:
                    Plus there are upsides and downsides with playing for your dad. We see this with Dante Lombardi on the basketball at IUP, and with Kellar at LR. There's always that lingering question of favoritism, and opponents can be out to get you, and when things don't go well you are the first to be blamed. And then again, some people are ready to get out from under their parents at that age - unusual for this generation though.

Comment

I would laugh if he chose IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        Plus there are upsides and downsides with playing for your dad. We see this with Dante Lombardi on the basketball at IUP, and with Kellar at LR. There's always that lingering question of favoritism, and opponents can be out to get you, and when things don't go well you are the first to be blamed. And then again, some people are ready to get out from under their parents at that age - unusual for this generation though.

Yeah ... just sayin' he is the only 17-year-old dork recruit on this whole thread -- with his OWN thread. That in itself proves your point pretty well as to why he may not want to play for Daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          Yeah ... just sayin' he is the only 17-year-old dork recruit on this whole thread -- with his OWN thread. That in itself proves your point pretty well as to why he may not want to play for Daddy.
                          I'll try to say this in a way as to not offend fans of certain other programs. It's not like his dad is the coach at one of the PSAC schools that have been referred to on here as only having a football program so they can have a homecoming game and boost male enrollment.

Slippery Rock (I believe) almost always leads the league in home attendance and has a very loyal following. I was lucky enough to get up to Connecticut for our playoff game and there were a good amount of people in Green and White for how far away it was. Although I wasn't at the NDC game, it looked like we were well represented. It was the same when I played in the early 2000s. We always had fan support. Home and away.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, Logan Lutz wouldn't have been an anonymous member of the football team like he would have at some other PSAC schools. Drop a pass in a pivotal part of a game against IUP? People are going to know who dropped it and, although I like to believe we are above this, could talk you-know-what to him on social media. Same could happen if his dad makes one of those brilliant decisions like he did at the end of the Shippensburg game. Don't like what dad did? Attack the kid.

Not saying our fans would do this (I know I wouldn't), but there's always the chance. So, from that standpoint, I get his decision and wish him luck.

Comment

Let's not read too much into it.

It is pretty simple, Duquesne has an excellent Pharmacy program; SRU does not have Pharmacy program.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                              Let's not read too much into it.

It is pretty simple, Duquesne has an excellent Pharmacy program; SRU does not have Pharmacy program.
                              No. No we do not.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X