X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Money and the lure of the mighty SEC. Many coaches vanish quickly in the SEC. The pressure to win immediately is insane.

Auburn is the one I'm watching. That place is nuts. There's buzz they are targeting Lane Kiffin (who has been at Ole Miss one season).
    Lame Kiffin. LOL. He reminds me of the guy who is a total azz beep but for some odd reason or another always dates one of the real pretty girls in town. Go figure.

That would be a great doctoral dissertation to learn what folks seem to see in Kiffin. Yeah, good offensive mind and everything but clearly has some things really lacking as well.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Okay, money talks once more. I always wondered what it was all about. Thanks.

It seemed like for a time there that darn Badgers job was coming open every month and it cost Pitt Chryst.
    Money and the lure of the mighty SEC. Many coaches vanish quickly in the SEC. The pressure to win immediately is insane.

Auburn is the one I'm watching. That place is nuts. There's buzz they are targeting Lane Kiffin (who has been at Ole Miss one season).

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He could get drafted, not sign and demand a trade. Others have done that... Eli Manning...

OR come out and before the draft out right say I don't want to play for the JETS. He'd get booed royally every time he went there to play. hahaha
    Yes, John Elway and Kid Manning did pull that ploy of draft me if you like but I'm not playing for you. He could do that, too. Maybe if the dweeby Jets would just get some good ownership, front office and coaching it might be a good place. LOL. Nice market there anyways.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

He made $2.4m at Wisconsin.

Arkansas lured him with $4.2m per.
    Okay, money talks once more. I always wondered what it was all about. Thanks.

It seemed like for a time there that darn Badgers job was coming open every month and it cost Pitt Chryst.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

LOL. Yeah, that would be funny if he did go back to Clemson instead of the crappy J-E-T-S. Certainly there is precedence for such a thing as Andrew Luck went back to Stanford and bypassed the Panthers which I never quite understood.

But one is for sure---whether he wears Jets green or not --Trevor will have plenty of green on him real soon.
    He could get drafted, not sign and demand a trade. Others have done that... Eli Manning...

OR come out and before the draft out right say I don't want to play for the JETS. He'd get booed royally every time he went there to play. hahaha

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I never understood why he left Wisconsin as he seemed to have a pretty good thing going there.
    He made $2.4m at Wisconsin.

Arkansas lured him with $4.2m per.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Clemson had its star LB out, too, in the first meeting.

Trevor is about impossible tocontain at the college level. He's got an (accurate) cannon. He has near tailback speed when he takes off. He doesn't get rattled. And, when he plays, you can't suffocate their star RB. Give him an inch and he's gone.

Trevor has actually hinted at returning to Clemson next year (as opposed to going to the dumpster organization Jets).
    LOL. Yeah, that would be funny if he did go back to Clemson instead of the crappy J-E-T-S. Certainly there is precedence for such a thing as Andrew Luck went back to Stanford and bypassed the Panthers which I never quite understood.

But one is for sure---whether he wears Jets green or not --Trevor will have plenty of green on him real soon.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Illinois hires Brett Bielema. Should be interesting to see what he can do.
    I never understood why he left Wisconsin as he seemed to have a pretty good thing going there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    The other big buzz is NFL teams are very high on Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald. They better do all they can to keep him. It's not easy to win there -- and he's like royalty there being a former star player, etc.

The Fighting Rece Davis's

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Are you trying to imply that Clemson may be a better team with Trevor at the controls? LOL.

Hope he likes NY JETS green.
    Clemson had its star LB out, too, in the first meeting.

Trevor is about impossible tocontain at the college level. He's got an (accurate) cannon. He has near tailback speed when he takes off. He doesn't get rattled. And, when he plays, you can't suffocate their star RB. Give him an inch and he's gone.

Trevor has actually hinted at returning to Clemson next year (as opposed to going to the dumpster organization Jets).

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    ND getting to experience Clemson at full strength.

Tigers up 31-3 late 3rd.
    Are you trying to imply that Clemson may be a better team with Trevor at the controls? LOL.

Hope he likes NY JETS green.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    ND getting to experience Clemson at full strength.

Tigers up 31-3 late 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Somebody can give the details but the pain was it was at home (sellout) and Pitt was up like 28 points mid-third.
    I was just leafing through the box score of that game. Yeah, it was a painful loss. I remember I caught the last part of it next to the KCAC that they were building as I was heading to an IUP hoops game. It hurt. It probably also didn't help much that Pitt had dropped the Backyard Brawl the game before that one. But hey, looking on the bright side they did rebound to win the Meineke Car Care Bowl later that month. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I still say that they should of kept the 'Stache. I assume that you are referencing that Pitt-Cincy game from Dec. 2009. Yeah, that was a major heartbreaker there. But Cincy was a great program whose coach was on the precipice of one of the very big jobs in all of college football folklore---Notre Dame. I didn't think it was shameful to lose to them. Frustrating yes.
    Somebody can give the details but the pain was it was at home (sellout) and Pitt was up like 28 points mid-third.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X