• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Do you blame them???

Mixed feelings. If it's a virus fear ... you've already played 10 games and went through camp. As a program Pitt has had very little issues with Covid. If it's just to get ready for the draft ... I don't know.

As an individual ... yeah, it makes sense. However, will this become the new trend for every draft prospect on a 5-5 team going forward? Do you 'owe it' to your teammates and to the University that's paid all your expenses for the past 4 years?

Then again, more and more players skip bowl games every year to avoid injury.

Thankfully we don't have these types of issues down here in the bus leagues.

From a players' perspective ... a blown knee right now and your draft stock hits the toilet bowl. In many cases you get one chance. Minus superstars football players are largely a dime a dozen. Your injury just opens up another door for somebody else. The reality is minus the elite, most NFL players are easily replaced. So, with that logic ... yeah, why risk it. Every time a college athlete plays a football game there's serious risk involved. When you're talking Round 3 or higher ... that's serious coin. So, would Weaver risk that for a chance to play in the Who Gives A F*ck Bowl Game? The answer is no.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Pitt star DL Rashad Weaver has opted out.

He joins star safety Paris Ford as mid- to late-season opt-outs.

Both are expected to be Round 3 or higher draft picks.

Pitt's best DL opted out before the season started.
    Do you blame them???

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Pitt star DL Rashad Weaver has opted out.

He joins star safety Paris Ford as mid- to late-season opt-outs.

Both are expected to be Round 3 or higher draft picks.

Pitt's best DL opted out before the season started.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Well ... go down to Austin and tell somebody expectations are low. Lol.

That's a weird job. The leash is short there. You best win quick.
    Low expectations in that they've been mediocre so long that several seasons of 8-10 wins, including regular wins over OK, TCU and TTU, would buy him time.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Las Vegas Bowl just called off. First of many I assume.
    Sun Bowl was canceled yesterday. 1st time in 86 years for the 2nd oldest bowl game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Las Vegas Bowl just called off. First of many I assume.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

It's strange because I thought Tom Herman was a great hire. They have the Pitt-itis: they string along several years of success then forever the powerful donors expect that. So at the first signs of trouble, they axe the coach and start over thinking the next guy will be the one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I'd take Texas.... unlimited talent pool in state, lower expectations (71-53 last 10 yrs) and somewhat easier league.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Some major jobs are going to soon open up.

Texas, Michigan and USC top the list.

Wouldn't it be nice to be Urban Meyer right now?

Let the bidding begin.
    I'd take Texas.... unlimited talent pool in state, lower expectations (71-53 last 10 yrs) and somewhat easier league.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Some major jobs are going to soon open up.

Texas, Michigan and USC top the list.

Wouldn't it be nice to be Urban Meyer right now?

Let the bidding begin.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied

Calling things off for 97% of teams would make sense. The world isn't exactling craving a Pitt trip to Georgia Tech.

Follow the money. It's the only reason they are playing.

But, if the PSAC had some mega bucks TV contract ... they'd have played, too. They don't .... so they can spew out all the player safety stuff.

Follow the money.
    Yep, I told my nephew that they'd play because there was too much entertainment money involved and when it comes down to it, they are out there to entertain and with all the money involved the show will go on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I'm second only to Kyle Brandt in pulling up obscure cultural references.
    Pauly Shore actually performed at IUP in either '95 or '96. Right in that same stretch Chris Rock and Adam Sandler also came to town.

There's actually an elaborate list of names who have played that auditorium stage.

Vanilla Ice, of course, isn't on the list. They put him in the HUB. Word to your mother.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    I'm second only to Kyle Brandt in pulling up obscure cultural references.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

That was shocking. I think they might as well call things off for the majority of the college programs that are NOT in the running for the playoffs. Maybe another game or so and then pull the plug. Big Ten and Pac-12 come off as stupid for not playing earlier in the fall when the virus was trending lower. A lot of lost time there.

The NFL needs to enter into a bubble for each conference playoff. Everyone tested extensively and sequestered for a time and then once you're in-----no one gets in or out---sort of like Bio-Dome with Pauly Shore. The only way to do it now looks like. The NBA made hay with it.

That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X