Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: College Endowment list

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Pro Tip: Give them $10 the first time they call and they stop calling.
    I don't answer. They are consistent I'll give them that much. I give once a year to football and men's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
      I thought it was in the $60 mil range years ago. Or higher.
      Yes. According to the actual study cited in the article, IUP's endowments total $67.4 million.

Remember, endowments are just an investment account and they live off the interest accrued. Popular opinion (usually from the cynical perspective in the media) is that they're rainy day funds or savings accounts.

Comment

I thought it was in the $60 mil range years ago. Or higher.
        it was. I don't know the details, but the foundation has added a managment fee to the funds - so each year they take some money out, and when the investments do bad, it decreases even faster now. The dorms have also cost them money, with the declining enrollment, but I don't know exactly how that is figured in with the endowments, if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          I don't answer. They are consistent I'll give them that much. I give once a year to football and men's basketball.
          It depends on what they're using for the list to call you. A lot of schools still use paper lists probably printed in August. If you donate after your info is printed then they'll never know. The automated systems that would pull you out once you make a gift are pretty pricey as you can imagine. Hard to justify when a) people don't give over the phone like they used to and b) that money could easily be used for something else

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
            it was. I don't know the details, but the foundation has added a managment fee to the funds - so each year they take some money out, and when the investments do bad, it decreases even faster now. The dorms have also cost them money, with the declining enrollment, but I don't know exactly how that is figured in with the endowments, if at all.
            I'm no expert. I was hoping you or FS82 could fill in the blanks. What I believe, though, is that there is a difference between private school endowments and what IUP has because it is associated with the "Foundation for IUP."

Comment

I'm no expert. I was hoping you or FS82 could fill in the blanks. What I believe, though, is that there is a difference between private school endowments and what IUP has because it is associated with the "Foundation for IUP."
              With PASSHE, they combine all endowment funds managed by the university or its "affiliates". So the $67.84 combines any endowment controlled by campus plus whatever is held by the IUP Foundation. Its possible that the Alumni Association may hold some endowment funds too since that's the case with Edinboro.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                IUP leading the way in the PSAC like we always do...

Where did Bloomsburg get that money so fast? Ship was second last list I saw....
                Blooms last major fundraising campaign ended in 2017 with over 62 million in donations.

https://itspersonal.bloomu.edu/news/...ory-to-a-close

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  Blooms last major fundraising campaign ended in 2017 with over 62 million in donations.

https://itspersonal.bloomu.edu/news/...ory-to-a-close
                  Congratulations on that but do you think the EWL and MAC are merging? Have you heard anything besides forum rumors?

Comment

Congratulations on that but do you think the EWL and MAC are merging? Have you heard anything besides forum rumors?
                    Here is forum post about a podcast: "George Mason's assistant coach Camden Eppert as a guest today, and he basically let the cat out of the bag that the MAC and EWL are merging. The new league goes into effect next season. He didn't make it sound like it was a rumor, he said papers were signed and this is a done deal."

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                      Here is forum post about a podcast: "George Mason's assistant coach Camden Eppert as a guest today, and he basically let the cat out of the bag that the MAC and EWL are merging. The new league goes into effect next season. He didn't make it sound like it was a rumor, he said papers were signed and this is a done deal."
                      I'll PM you since it's off topic.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X