Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Endowment list

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-n...131-story.html

IUP leading the way in the PSAC like we always do...

Where did Bloomsburg get that money so fast? Ship was second last list I saw....

Comment

Re: College Endowment list

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Where did Bloomsburg get that money so fast? Ship was second last list I saw....
      All it takes is on guy, same at IUP - a $ 23 million gift with a total endowment of 66 million. Show just how small some of these endowments are. https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...kopchicks.html

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
        All it takes is on guy, same at IUP - a $ 23 million gift with a total endowment of 66 million. Show just how small some of these endowments are. https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...kopchicks.html

Kopchicks, Kovalchicks.

That will be confusing on campus.

Comment

Kopchicks, Kovalchicks.

That will be confusing on campus.
          If only the latter would clean up that dump across from the KCAC. Just sayin'

Comment

Of course, that $23 mil goes into the science facility not the endowment.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              If only the latter would clean up that dump across from the KCAC. Just sayin'
              Do they even use the property for anything? I noticed that there is still scrap under all the growth.

Comment

IUP's $66 million is a little disappointing. In fact, I think they must have had to cut into it at some point. I think it has fallen short of expectations. We should be in the $100 million club by now. If I had $35 million lying around I would give it to IUP..

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                  Of course, that $23 mil goes into the science facility not the endowment.
                  Its a mixed bag, probably about half goes to the endowment for scholarships, and other funding. IUP should be over 100 million, but there was a big learning curve with the foundation once the state rules changed a few years back. IUP does really well with Alumni coming back to help in non monetary ways though.

Comment

Do they even use the property for anything? I noticed that there is still scrap under all the growth.
                    No. Look at it on Google Earth. It goes back like 4-5 blocks. ... Full of junk from the 1920s.

Comment

Its a mixed bag, probably about half goes to the endowment for scholarships, and other funding. IUP should be over 100 million, but there was a big learning curve with the foundation once the state rules changed a few years back. IUP does really well with Alumni coming back to help in non monetary ways though.
                      Can you explain that in more detail?

Comment

ts a mixed bag, probably about half goes to the endowment for scholarships, and other funding. IUP should be over 100 million, but there was a big learning curve with the foundation once the state rules changed a few years back. IUP does really well with Alumni coming back to help in non monetary ways though.

Originally, the state did not allow university employees, other than the president and a few people in Student affairs, to be involved in fund raising, it was all done through the foundation, and there were rules about how to ask for money. about 7 or 8 years ago, the rules changed, so that Deans, Chairs, and others in leadership positions are involved as well as more Alumni. Before, people would approach faculty about donations, get referred to the foundation, and hit a wall. The first few years of the new policy left alot of people getting in each others way, but that is sorted out I think, and the new president has a good handle on it. Huge fundraising effort for the science building for instance.

Comment

ts a mixed bag, probably about half goes to the endowment for scholarships, and other funding. IUP should be over 100 million, but there was a big learning curve with the foundation once the state rules changed a few years back. IUP does really well with Alumni coming back to help in non monetary ways though.

Originally, the state did not allow university employees, other than the president and a few people in Student affairs, to be involved in fund raising, it was all done through the foundation, and there were rules about how to ask for money. about 7 or 8 years ago, the rules changed, so that Deans, Chairs, and others in leadership positions are involved as well as more Alumni. Before, people would approach faculty about donations, get referred to the foundation, and hit a wall. The first few years of the new policy left alot of people getting in each others way, but that is sorted out I think, and the new president has a good handle on it. Huge fundraising effort for the science building for instance.
                          What about those a-holes who call my cell phone 275 nights a year? Who do they work for?

Comment

I thought it was in the $60 mil range years ago. Or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              What about those a-holes who call my cell phone 275 nights a year? Who do they work for?
                              Pro Tip: Give them $10 the first time they call and they stop calling.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X