Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock football 2019

I know this was posted in the recruiting thread, but figured I'd make a specific thread to discuss the Rock's class.

2019 Rock football recruiting class

Re: Slippery Rock football 2019

Well 27 is a lot for a team that only had had 9 seniors; so that tells me that some others left the program.

8 WRs seem like a lot but again if others in that position left, need to fill those holes.

In the blurb for each player, Coach Lutz said that he thinks some can contribute right away; which again is against the norm since only 2 true freshmen played last year.

The transfer RB from Seton Hill is interesting; is he handed the job right away??? I think 29 performed admirably when Hills was hurt. The freshmen RB from Aliquippa was suspended for his team's state semifinal game, but tore it up in the championship game. He is built like Shamar; remember Shamar was redshirted, but McKenzies' numbers in High School eclipses Greene's.

Did not see a QB in the recruiting list; does that mean everybody is coming back?? Let's remember they played 4 QBs last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
      Well 27 is a lot for a team that only had had 9 seniors; so that tells me that some others left the program.

8 WRs seem like a lot but again if others in that position left, need to fill those holes.

In the blurb for each player, Coach Lutz said that he thinks some can contribute right away; which again is against the norm since only 2 true freshmen played last year.

The transfer RB from Seton Hill is interesting; is he handed the job right away??? I think 29 performed admirably when Hills was hurt. The freshmen RB from Aliquippa was suspended for his team's state semifinal game, but tore it up in the championship game. He is built like Shamar; remember Shamar was redshirted, but McKenzies' numbers in High School eclipses Greene's.

Did not see a QB in the recruiting list; does that mean everybody is coming back?? Let's remember they played 4 QBs last year.
      Doesn't Slippery Rock usually get their QB's via transfer?

Comment

Jevon Lang was the top guy on the list. He had about 20 offers including several low-level D1.

Rock stole a WV boy off of Shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
          Doesn't Slippery Rock usually get their QB's via transfer?
          Seems to be the case more often than not. When I was there, my quarterbacks were Jeff Valentino (Kent State) and Nate Crookshank (Georgia Southern).

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
            Seems to be the case more often than not. When I was there, my quarterbacks were Jeff Valentino (Kent State) and Nate Crookshank (Georgia Southern).
            career leader in passing TDs

ROCK got screwed his senior year(2007) should have been in playoffs 9-2

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Jevon Lang was the top guy on the list. He had about 20 offers including several low-level D1.

You'd be surprised at how many WV boys are on Shepherd's roster every year... usually can count them on 1 hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                career leader in passing TDs

ROCK got screwed his senior year(2007) should have been in playoffs 9-2
                They sure did. That team felt like it was really hitting its stride as playoffs approached too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                  2018 Roland Rivers (Valdosta)
                  2017 Tanner Garry (Youngstown)
                  2016 Don King (Sam Houston)
                  2015 Dante Nania (Youngstown)

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                    2018 Roland Rivers (Valdosta)
                    2017 Tanner Garry (Youngstown)
                    2016 Don King (Sam Houston)
                    2015 Dante Nania (Youngstown)

If Rivers goes down, you also have Taylor King (Butte CC) and Andrew Koester (St. Francis). Koester was recruited by SRU out of HS. That's D2 football, many of the best teams are going to have some transfers if they want to be a top team. You see it every year a team wins it all.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There was a write up about this commit in the local paper down here. It was reported the Rock told Lang that every Rock graduating class since 1998 has a ring. I guess if you consider that the ring may have been earned in a year other than Sr year, then it is possible. That's a pretty good selling point since Lang said he viewed the Rock as a winning program. Which they are but, but that ring data point seems to drive it home and make it tangible. Oh yea, and it also helps that he received one of the largest scholarships that the Rock has given in a while. https://www.journal-news.net/journal...37d722c4b.html
                      Last edited by IUPMonk; 02-08-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Earlier, Elon had been big in the mix, but a snafu removed it and helped to elevate Slippery Rock.
                        I wonder if that "snafu" was a head coaching change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                          You'd be surprised at how many WV boys are on Shepherd's roster every year... usually can count them on 1 hand.
                          Well they got Bagent which must have been pretty big given Martinsburg HS recent football success. Can't get them all, but a little extra scholarship cash to dangle in front of these kid's parents wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                            There was a write up about this commit in the local paper down here. It was reported the Rock told Lang that every Rock graduating class since 1998 has a ring. I guess if you consider that the ring may have been earned in a year other than Sr year, then it is possible. That's a pretty good selling point since Lang said he viewed the Rock as a winning program. Which they are but, but that ring data point seems to drive it home and make it tangible. Oh yea, and it also helps that he received one of the largest scholarships that the Rock has given in a while. https://www.journal-news.net/journal...37d722c4b.html
                            Way too many rings being given out these days. Used to be just 'the' ring.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                              Well they got Bagent which must have been pretty big given Martinsburg HS recent football success. Can't get them all, but a little extra scholarship cash to dangle in front of these kid's parents wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X