• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full stories.

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020...n-reports.html

https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/...81be3d479.html

Comment

Comment

It's more than Fall sports. That means basketball, too (typically starts first week of NOV.).

Comment

Those Erie Times News clowns had no clue. Worst writers ever!

Comment

Why postpone golf and tennis?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

'Camp' will be a blast in early February. Lol.
              Nobody will want to play in Edinboro in jan and feb....including Edinboro. Ice Bowl every week.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

'Camp' will be a blast in early February. Lol.
                March 5 is the target date for first practice I'm guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  Why postpone golf and tennis?
                  Probably because most schools will go remote and not have students on campus? That is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Probably because most schools will go remote and not have students on campus? That is my guess.
                    They also (mostly) travel in small vans (not Coach buses). Distancing and all that stuff. Who knows. They have to take a major CYA approach.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 07-14-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Eagles and Phillies will have no fans in the stands.

Comment

So the postponing the season until the spring essentially eliminates spring ball and gives the seniors one final season although it'll be just a conference championship they'll play for no NCAA playoffs. That's better than no senior season and then crunching in an extra 20 kids into the budget. As far as the NFL Draft I believe they'll move it back to May since I believe D1 schools will also push for a spring season with just conference games once they realize this virus is more important than risking these young men's lives for TV dollars and no fans in the stands. I heard from a few different sources there will be a vaccination available by the end of the year which bodes well for spring sports to go off without the current risk....

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

March 5 is the target date for first practice I'm guessing.

I heard same thing. I'm also hearing if there is a spring season (March 25th-27th start?) , it is going to be west only/east only games. Championship game and then playoffs. Minimum 8 games in spring, then some sort of playoff format. So, if we did the normal playoff format; conference champ makes it to the national title, it would be June 12th... thats all speculation and assuming we have a vaccine; but that's a quick turn around for the teams that go deep in playoffs. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I heard same thing. I'm also hearing if there is a spring season (March 25th-27th start?) , it is going to be west only/east only games. Championship game and then playoffs. Minimum 8 games in spring, then some sort of playoff format. So, if we did the normal playoff format; conference champ makes it to the national title, it would be June 12th... thats all speculation and assuming we have a vaccine; but that's a quick turn around for the teams that go deep in playoffs. Thoughts?
                            They'd have a real mess on their hands with players and eligibility if they don't get this season in ... in some capacity.

I tend to still think this is just dangling the carrot. Americans are largely too stupid to get this under control so it's hard to be too optimistic of a Spring season. Add to it, starting next month these campuses are going to quickly become Covid-19 hotbeds. I'd guess most schools that open will be closed within weeks. All those protocols won't mean a thing once the sun goes down.

Comment

The PIAA is on the clock.

Comment

Any insider info on how the 'vote' went down? Unanimous, close, ... ?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X