X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Indiana County has a 40% vaccination rate. It was a factor in IUP's decision.
    I'd be curious what Indiana / White Twp. has tested.

'Indiana County' gets pretty Dukes of Hazzard once you're beyond the IHS school district.

But, I think once PSU went this route all the other state schools would follow. It will suck watching basketball games in a mask (hopefully they allow fans).

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Indiana County has a 40% vaccination rate. It was a factor in IUP's decision.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP went 100% indoor masks required as of 8 a.m. today (regardless of vaccination). Outdoor not required.

I suspect we will see some sort of guidelines for Miller Stadium. Outdoors or not, being cramped in to the bleachers on the home side can't be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP went 100% indoor masks required as of 8 a.m. today (regardless of vaccination). Outdoor not required.

I suspect we will see some sort of guidelines for Miller Stadium. Outdoors or not, being cramped in to the bleachers on the home side can't be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I am with you, I have my concerns. Hopefully Coach Campolo has done a good job bringing the OLs along while not being able to play in quite sometime, especially Thornton and Djouha. It is going to be tough for IUP to beat quality opponents without the ability to run the ball. Shugarts is a Center, so I could see him battling with Pietropola for the starting Center spot.

Those new OL are going to learn pretty quickly once the pads come on ... they are going to have some real big dudes across from them in practice.

Vaughn Wallace (6'5", 265 lbs)
    Raunya Mitchell (6'5", 310 lbs)
    Gregory Moore II ( 6'1", 315 lbs)
    Dajour Fisher (6'1", 320 lbs)

With that amount of beef up front the LBs should be able to run wild.

Side note: I see they are listing OL Djouha at 6'8" and 290 lbs. He must have put on some serious weight because last I saw him he wasn't anywhere near 290.

I guess regardless of whomever wins the starting Center spot that the other (Pietropola or Shugarts) will play somewhere else. They are both pretty talented.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Word from Spring and little birdy they have a big OL talent on roster covid freshman from Washington HS. .keep your eyes on that Man.
    I forgot all about that MAN ! Looking at his highlight reel, he's pretty "nasty", especially from playing the Center position. I wonder where on the line they plan to play him.

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Speaking of the OL, it does not appear to be as experienced as what might have been expected. I thought we would have Roman and Dauberman and then Davis and Robinson and probably Pietropola. Pretty good experienced line. However, take away Roman and it is considerably less experienced.

Dauberman is an AA candidate. Davis and Robinson started 7 and 8 games, respectively. Pietropola started 1 game due to an injury. I would think the remaining starting spot would be either Shugarts or Djouha. There are no other Offensive Linemen with any significant game experience. Any insider insight into how things shape up at the start of camp?
    Word from Spring and little birdy they have a big OL talent on roster covid freshman from Washington HS. .keep your eyes on that Man.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Speaking of the OL, it does not appear to be as experienced as what might have been expected. I thought we would have Roman and Dauberman and then Davis and Robinson and probably Pietropola. Pretty good experienced line. However, take away Roman and it is considerably less experienced.

Dauberman is an AA candidate. Davis and Robinson started 7 and 8 games, respectively. Pietropola started 1 game due to an injury. I would think the remaining starting spot would be either Shugarts or Djouha. There are no other Offensive Linemen with any significant game experience. Any insider insight into how things shape up at the start of camp?
    I am with you, I have my concerns. Hopefully Coach Campolo has done a good job bringing the OLs along while not being able to play in quite sometime, especially Thornton and Djouha. It is going to be tough for IUP to beat quality opponents without the ability to run the ball. Shugarts is a Center, so I could see him battling with Pietropola for the starting Center spot.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-15-2021, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Man...I think IUP needs another OL. I believe they are good at DT. But hey, the more they can rotate to wear down an opposing OL, the merrier. Unless one of the previous DLs is not returning....

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    May be another DT otw.
    Man...I think IUP needs another OL. I believe they are good at DT. But hey, the more they can rotate to wear down an opposing OL, the merrier. Unless one of the previous DLs is not returning....

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    May be another DT otw.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Oh yeah....the injuries to the RBs....how soon I forgot. VERY good point. But still, IUP has 3 previous All PSAC West RBs, plus Houser and previous FCS signee Dayjure Stewart. It is a good luxury to have with the recent luck with injuries at that position.
    No doubt a stacked spot. Keeping them all happy will be a treat in itself.

End of the day only 11 dudes on the field at a time. Being versatile could help some of them see more snaps.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

More the better. How many past months of August have we talked about how deep the RB room is ... and then in October are scrambling due to injuries.

It's just unfortunately a position that gets pounded. Not sure you can ever have enough good RBs.

I'd agree move one to the slot but you can always move him back if needed.
    Oh yeah....the injuries to the RBs....how soon I forgot. VERY good point. But still, IUP has 3 previous All PSAC West RBs, plus Houser and previous FCS signee Dayjure Stewart. It is a good luxury to have with the recent luck with injuries at that position.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

At first I was puzzled about Woody going to IUP. However, he did attend school with Darrius Lloyd, so that might have something to do with it. I just hope Woody can stay healthy. So this definitely mean that someone will be moving to the Slot along with Qashah Carter.
    More the better. How many past months of August have we talked about how deep the RB room is ... and then in October are scrambling due to injuries.

It's just unfortunately a position that gets pounded. Not sure you can ever have enough good RBs.

I'd agree move one to the slot but you can always move him back if needed.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm surprised Woody landed at IUP but he's a good pickup. He's short but can make some moves. I'm curious about what he can do with IUP's line. My only question is that I was told he left over playing time and he's walking into a crowded RB crew at IUP. But he also has time - I believe with the extension he'll have 3 years of eligibility.
    At first I was puzzled about Woody going to IUP. However, he did attend school with Darrius Lloyd, so that might have something to do with it. I just hope Woody can stay healthy. So this definitely mean that someone will be moving to the Slot along with Qashah Carter.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X