X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Roman transferring to West Florida is kinda painful.
    Yeah ... WTF

But ... Panama City is a little more appealing than Indiana, Pa.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida.
    Roman transferring to West Florida is kinda painful.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida. Haynes and Geisinger did not come back in spring '21.
    DL Logan Danielson (Thomas Jefferson HS), who was a huge get in recruiting, is ineligible. But Tort says he could be back in spring '22.
    ABSOLUTELY no excuse to be ineligible coming off a COVID year. None.

Move on.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Considering the potential for big roster shake-ups, IUP looks pretty stable. I thought there was the possibility of Ken Roman coming back (maybe that was last year) but I don't see his name. Also, Javonte Haynes started as a freshman DB and he appears to be gone. Some other names are missing but no real impact players. Oh, also DB Geisinger but we still have some depth in the secondary.
    Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida. Haynes and Geisinger did not come back in spring '21.
    DL Logan Danielson (Thomas Jefferson HS), who was a huge get in recruiting, is ineligible. But Tort says he could be back in spring '22.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Put down your weapons. The roster has been posted.
    Considering the potential for big roster shake-ups, IUP looks pretty stable. I thought there was the possibility of Ken Roman coming back (maybe that was last year) but I don't see his name. Also, Javonte Haynes started as a freshman DB and he appears to be gone. Some other names are missing but no real impact players. Oh, also DB Geisinger but we still have some depth in the secondary.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Put down your weapons. The roster has been posted.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I wish there were actual lines for D2 games. People like us would win. I remember in 2019 when WF won the national championship, I won big with them in both the semis and championship. They were a 17.5 point underdog to Ferris State who was playing with a backup QB. I think WF was +475 on the money line. I picked them to win outright. It's like the people who make those lines in the D2 playoffs when they post them don't even watch or follow the sport (they probably don't actually). They just go based on seeding. The Rivers had SRU as +14.5 against Mankato LOL.

I'm not a sports better, but I think most of us could win some cash on D2 lines if they were posted weekly.
    With online I bet there's somewhere that has them or would give you a line. Maybe ask on the general board.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Their schedule lays out kind of awkward.

Phase 1 IUP gets two massive games to start (Kutztown and Shepherd). Luckily both are at Miller.

Phase 2 sees a trip to Mercyhurst, a Gannon visit and then a trip to Clarion. IUP will be favored in all three, but all three typically put up a fight.

Phase 3 is the yearly back-to-back with (at) Slippery Rock and the Vulcans coming to town.

Phase 4 is an Edinboro visit followed by the de-facto home game in Greensburg.

The finale, for now, is a trip to West Chester.

Any coach around will tell you the single biggest improvement all season is from Game 1 to Game 2. IUP cannot replicate in practice what Kutztown will experience against Assumption. The only advantages are they can really scout KU pretty well (in person as well as extensively on film). Assumption isn't a pushover and should force Kutztown to show some things. IUP can also keep things close to the vest until kickoff on Sept. 11.

The back-to-back sets are brutal. I'd guess Vegas types would probably project a split in Phase 1 and Phase 3. That would send them in to Week 10 at 7-2.
    I wish there were actual lines for D2 games. People like us would win. I remember in 2019 when WF won the national championship, I won big with them in both the semis and championship. They were a 17.5 point underdog to Ferris State who was playing with a backup QB. I think WF was +475 on the money line. I picked them to win outright. It's like the people who make those lines in the D2 playoffs when they post them don't even watch or follow the sport (they probably don't actually). They just go based on seeding. The Rivers had SRU as +14.5 against Mankato LOL.

I'm not a sports better, but I think most of us could win some cash on D2 lines if they were posted weekly.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It isn't if they lose to both California and Slippery Rock. Which we've seen happen before in recent years.

Their schedule lays out kind of awkward.

Phase 1 IUP gets two massive games to start (Kutztown and Shepherd). Luckily both are at Miller.

Phase 2 sees a trip to Mercyhurst, a Gannon visit and then a trip to Clarion. IUP will be favored in all three, but all three typically put up a fight.

Phase 3 is the yearly back-to-back with (at) Slippery Rock and the Vulcans coming to town.

Phase 4 is an Edinboro visit followed by the de-facto home game in Greensburg.

The finale, for now, is a trip to West Chester.

Any coach around will tell you the single biggest improvement all season is from Game 1 to Game 2. IUP cannot replicate in practice what Kutztown will experience against Assumption. The only advantages are they can really scout KU pretty well (in person as well as extensively on film). Assumption isn't a pushover and should force Kutztown to show some things. IUP can also keep things close to the vest until kickoff on Sept. 11.

The back-to-back sets are brutal. I'd guess Vegas types would probably project a split in Phase 1 and Phase 3. That would send them in to Week 10 at 7-2.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I do not believe there's much "stink" over IUP's recruitment of transfers/mercenaries. All I am saying is that it will be some "stink" if IUP, who is the only team in the conference without an OOC game, don't make the playoffs with a 8-2 record. If IUP starts the season 2-0, this is a mute point.
    If IUP starts the season 2-0, I doubt anyone will be mute. Quite a moot point.
    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 08-11-2021, 07:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

I do not believe there's much "stink" over IUP's recruitment of transfers/mercenaries. All I am saying is that it will be some "stink" if IUP, who is the only team in the conference without an OOC game, don't make the playoffs with a 8-2 record. If IUP starts the season 2-0, this is a mute point.
    It isn't if they lose to both California and Slippery Rock. Which we've seen happen before in recent years.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Real simple today. The teams who don't buy transfers schedule the banquet after the last game of the regular season.

The days of 'program guys' who stay 4-5 years are long gone. The job of the HC is to put the best 11 guys he can afford on the field.

Players transfer today at rates never seen in history.

Tort had holes to fill and plugged them fantastically this off-season. Next year he will have different holes and can plug them again. Transfer recruiting is huge right now ... usually a bidding war, too. So, keep sending those checks.

It's a dangerous game. There are some real boneheads out there for sale, too.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Here we go with the transfer talk ,what a waste of time. All top 20 D2 programs have transfers. Non issue these days. West Florida has 23 D1 guys and 18 jucos. In addition to a roster of 120. So there u go.
    Real simple today. The teams who don't buy transfers schedule the banquet after the last game of the regular season.

The days of 'program guys' who stay 4-5 years are long gone. The job of the HC is to put the best 11 guys he can afford on the field.

Players transfer today at rates never seen in history.

Tort had holes to fill and plugged them fantastically this off-season. Next year he will have different holes and can plug them again. Transfer recruiting is huge right now ... usually a bidding war, too. So, keep sending those checks.

It's a dangerous game. There are some real boneheads out there for sale, too.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Here we go with the transfer talk ,what a waste of time. All top 20 D2 programs have transfers. Non issue these days. West Florida has 23 D1 guys and 18 jucos. In addition to a roster of 120. So there u go.
    And if West Florida does not make it to the NCAA D-II playoffs, it will be a disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied

I have to agree with you, especially with all of the one-year-mercenaries the team brought in.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X