Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    There are rumors flying that Lock Haven has also called off all sports.
    Doesn't surprise me at all. They had the lowest money allocated for athletics outside of Mansfield if I'm not mistaken. In an pandemic and with enrollment numbers down it wasn't feasible. Not to mention the extra money they'd have to spend transporting athletes to games (basketball wouldn't be an issue as one bus would work with coaches/staff/equipment).

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Doesn't surprise me at all. They had the lowest money allocated for athletics outside of Mansfield if I'm not mistaken. In an pandemic and with enrollment numbers down it wasn't feasible. Not to mention the extra money they'd have to spend transporting athletes to games (basketball wouldn't be an issue as one bus would work with coaches/staff/equipment).
      Could be but I'm not so sure. Took a quick glance at their website and they have 19 sports which is about average and more than Cal or Clarion. I didn't look at all of the school websites. They might spend less on football but they have the 2 D1 sports which don't operate on the cheap.

Comment

If LHU follows Walk-On U's lead ... probably going to have to re-shuffle the deck for basketball.

Comment

Some of you are wrestling die-hards. Seems that would likely be the the one sport with no chance of happening. Any word on it? Hard to imagine even trying to wrestle with a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Amazing they can't play yet high schools are playing with next to no issues.

Granted, high schools put up a massive political pressure effort. Not sure anybody (very few) care about PSAC sports.
            High school kids are living with their parents who can control what they are exposed to....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

High school kids are living with their parents who can control what they are exposed to....
              That's true but D1 is having, as a whole, very little issues thus far after 4-5 games.

Comment

That's true but D1 is having, as a whole, very little issues thus far after 4-5 games.
                They must be keeping the athletes locked up since college campuses are driving the fall spike in Rona cases......

They have the money to do that....a Pee Sack school in a system that can't sustain itself financially can't do that.

We just have to hope Biden gets elected and whatever force out there that has cursed us for allowing an orange ass clown make this country a universal laughingstock will lift that curse and the Rona dissipates and we can get back to business.

Comment

They must be keeping the athletes locked up since college campuses are driving the fall spike in Rona cases......

They have the money to do that....a Pee Sack school in a system that can't sustain itself financially can't do that.

We just have to hope Biden gets elected and whatever force out there that has cursed us for allowing an orange ass clown make this country a universal laughingstock will lift that curse and the Rona dissipates and we can get back to business.
                  D1 football has, by and large, done much better than anybody expected.

I suppose there's the theory that between school work and the demands of football that they don't have time to be up to no good.

Who knows if the season will finish ... but many didn't think it would see October. All you can do is be smart. Stay out of the frat cesspools and be selective on the ladies.

Whatever they are doing is working. Let's not forget that fact.

Comment

Not getting in the political conversation but I am a big SNL fan. Kamala is SNL gold.

Comment

D1 football has, by and large, done much better than anybody expected.

I suppose there's the theory that between school work and the demands of football that they don't have time to be up to no good.

Who knows if the season will finish ... but many didn't think it would see October. All you can do is be smart. Stay out of the frat cesspools and be selective on the ladies.

Whatever they are doing is working. Let's not forget that fact.
                      Agreed. And even at that, you've had dozens of players on certain teams test positive.

But, D1 schools generally make a lot of money from football and can afford the testing protocols and other things that are needed.

Say it costs 10k to test the entire football team once and you're required to do that 2-3 days a week. I doubt that many schools could afford that. And then say you need to take double or triple the amount of buses on away games. I think the cost of this is going to be too much for schools.

Comment

If LHU follows Walk-On U's lead ... probably going to have to re-shuffle the deck for basketball.
                        Generally, there seem to be 2-3 schools that watch what WCU does and follows in many cases. I don't just mean in sports.

Likewise, same with SRU and somewhat IUP on the other side of the state.

IF WCU cancels, I'd imagine others will.

Comment

Not getting in the political conversation but I am a big SNL fan. Kamala is SNL gold.

Comment

Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

Agreed. And even at that, you've had dozens of players on certain teams test positive.

But, D1 schools generally make a lot of money from football and can afford the testing protocols and other things that are needed.

Say it costs 10k to test the entire football team once and you're required to do that 2-3 days a week. I doubt that many schools could afford that. And then say you need to take double or triple the amount of buses on away games. I think the cost of this is going to be too much for schools.

Do you really need to take 2-3 buses? They aren't taking 2-3 planes. High schools aren't testing athletes 2-3 times a week. There is D2 football being played right now.

I'm not saying they should be playing. But, it seems they could be playing.

If they'd go back in time I wonder what another PSAC vote would look like?

By and large, NCAA athletes across the board have behaved exceptionally well following protocols. It's all the other non-athletes at these campuses acting like stooges.

Comment

Do you really need to take 2-3 buses? They aren't taking 2-3 planes. High schools aren't testing athletes 2-3 times a week. There is D2 football being played right now.

I'm not saying they should be playing. But, it seems they could be playing.

If they'd go back in time I wonder what another PSAC vote would look like?

By and large, NCAA athletes across the board have behaved exceptionally well following protocols. It's all the other non-athletes at these campuses acting like stooges.
                              The schools playing are mostly in very remote areas with very low infection rates. I feel like the only school that would qualify in PA is Mansfield and they're not even D2.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X