Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shepherd adds 11th game

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Not to mention WCU's two national titles (2012 and 2017).
    Seton Hill also has a very strong baseball program.

I'm not sure IUP even has a team. I think they do. Not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
      I look forward to Shepherd's baseball team being in the PSAC. I have seen them a couple times in regional tourneys. They enter a division that is on a major upswing. WCU and Millersville are nationally ranked just about every year, Shippensburg is always solid and another team or two usually has a really good season (Bloomsburg last year; they single-handily kept us out of regionals, Lock Haven in 2017). The PSAC as a whole is a really good baseball conference. It's just too bad that 90 percent of the league games are played in awful weather.
      You just can't say it, so I'll say it for you "Mercyhurst is one of the Elite baseball teams".

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
        You just can't say it, so I'll say it for you "Mercyhurst is one of the Elite baseball teams".
        He was referring to strictly the East division that Shepherd is joining.

Comment

I saw the tweet on -

Shepherd Football
          @SURamsFootball

BREAKING NEWS: The Shepherd Rams will play Ohio Dominican, at HOME, in the season opener on
          Sept 7th 2019.

Good info tends to get overlooked since there is a lot of junk on their feed - They really need to clean it up and take some control over the content/tweets/retweets

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
            He was referring to strictly the East division that Shepherd is joining.
            Thank you for that reading comprehension, Ram04. I think from my previous posts on here, most people know I follow PSAC baseball as much as PSAC football. I've stated many times how much Seton Hill and Mercyhurst (and, more recently, Gannon) add to the conference in terms of baseball.

So, for those not paying attention (cough Tony33 cough cough), Mercyhurst is an elite Division II baseball program and, much to my chagrin, has easily bypassed Slippery Rock for the top spot in the PSAC West. As always, I'm looking forward to getting back up to Northwest PA for our series with the Lakers next month.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Seton Hill also has a very strong baseball program.

I'm not sure IUP even has a team. I think they do. Not sure.
              Home opener is next Friday vs. rival Cal. I know that part of your post was obviously sarcasm, but I try to promote the conference's baseball teams as much as possible. Maybe someone will see Cal vs. IUP and get out to a game (if it's not 38 degrees with 26 mph wind gusts up on that hill haha)

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                Definitely looking for us to get back to the PSAC tournament this year; I remember us losing to Shepherd fairly deep into the regional tournament of 2016. Should make for some great conference battles.
                I was only able to get to a couple of that year's regional games and the one I saw East Stroudsburg in was a 19-2 win against Chowan. They had a nice run that year, but what impressed me the most was their fans. They had a big turnout for an 11 a.m. game against a pretty bad opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                  Home opener is next Friday vs. rival Cal. I know that part of your post was obviously sarcasm, but I try to promote the conference's baseball teams as much as possible. Maybe someone will see Cal vs. IUP and get out to a game (if it's not 38 degrees with 26 mph wind gusts up on that hill haha)
                  You aren't lying. I run up there every day. It's like a wind tunnel up there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X