• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shippensburg football player arrested

De'Shaun Wilson from Wyomissing

Re: Shippensburg football player arrested

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Wow....someone gets robbed for their T-shirt and belt. Wow....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      They had to get something for their trouble

Comment

Welcome to Reading, Pennsylvania

Comment

Hope it was a good brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
            Welcome to Reading, Pennsylvania
            I thought that I once heard that the unemployment rate was something like 40% there.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              I thought that I once heard that the unemployment rate was something like 40% there.

-
              Three years ago, it was listed as the second poorest city in the country. It topped the nation's poverty list as recently as 2011.

That said, the kid who plays for Ship didn't graduate from Reading High. He went to Wyomissing, which is right across the bridge but feels like a different planet from Reading.

I'm glad I left and moved to a Philly suburb.
              Last edited by Dozsa2; 03-27-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Coach Mac's track record with dealing with players in trouble leads me to believe he won't be suiting up for the Red Raiders this upcoming season if found guilty and if by chance he was on scholarship that'll be stripped away even if found not guilty and be earned back as Mac is big on accountability and not putting yourself in positions to be caught up in mess.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Hope it was a good brand.
                  Hope it was the right size.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                    and not putting yourself in positions to be caught up in mess.
                    Reading some comments about 'getting caught up in a mess' (I apologize if I'm misconstruing the comment) and how 'the kid had all this potential and opportunities in front of him', etc., etc. but I know this area and the local population too well. Usually, I'm the "politically correct" guy. Unfortunately, my take on this story is not what you would call politically correct. I'm going to make some assumptions. These assumptions are based on extensive experience with said locality and said population.

I will admit that stories can change. Look no further than the Smollett case. However, by all indications this kid is a run of the mill street thug. These guys are experts at putting on an act depending on the context and they can fool a lot of people. These accusations are heinous. They are antisocial. If proven true, he should not be spared leniency under the law (I know that's a pipe dream). If determined to be true he should not be able to set foot on a PASSHE campus.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                      Reading some comments about 'getting caught up in a mess' (I apologize if I'm misconstruing the comment) and how 'the kid had all this potential and opportunities in front of him', etc., etc. but I know this area and the local population too well. Usually, I'm the "politically correct" guy. Unfortunately, my take on this story is not what you would call politically correct. I'm going to make some assumptions. These assumptions are based on extensive experience with said locality and said population.

I will admit that stories can change. Look no further than the Smollett case. However, by all indications this kid is a run of the mill street thug. These guys are experts at putting on an act depending on the context and they can fool a lot of people. These accusations are heinous. They are antisocial. If proven true, he should not be spared leniency under the law (I know that's a pipe dream). If determined to be true he should not be able to set foot on a PASSHE campus.
                      Could not agree more. With all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Sad that this kid had the chance to be successful, get a college degree who knows maybe even play his on field talents into a tryout at the professional level or be a late round draft pick and it's all gone for a tshirt and belt, what a idiotic decision.

Comment

Sad that this kid had the chance to be successful, get a college degree who knows maybe even play his on field talents into a tryout at the professional level or be a late round draft pick and it's all gone for a tshirt and belt, what a idiotic decision.
                          Don't be so sure. If Ship gets rid of him ... he'll likely just land somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Don't be so sure. If Ship gets rid of him ... he'll likely just land somewhere else.

SCI Mon Valley

Comment

Coach Mac's track record with dealing with players in trouble leads me to believe he won't be suiting up for the Red Raiders this upcoming season if found guilty and if by chance he was on scholarship that'll be stripped away even if found not guilty and be earned back as Mac is big on accountability and not putting yourself in positions to be caught up in mess.
                              I wouldn't blame the coach one bit if he did that. Stupid, totally STUPID. I hate a Thief and a Liar, two of the worst attributes a person can have.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X