Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl game...

The GMAC and GLVC are partnering to offer their respective conference's an opportunity to play in a bowl game at the end of the year. It will be called "America's Crossroads Bowl", and played in Hobart Indiana.

Since we all love football, this got me thinking. If the PSAC was to play in a bowl game with another conference, what conference would you like to see, and where would the game be played? What are the options?

I understand that there is little to 0 chance of this happening, but just for fun where would you guys envision it?

I would like to see a PSAC/GLIAC game for the following reasons. We already have many non-conference games withe the NE-10 and the MEC. It offers us another opportunity to be exposed to another top conference. Gives our teams a chance to see what (mostly) a fully-funded program is all about.

I think if the game was to stay in PA, than Hershey may be a good option. Hotels and fanfare are available. Of course that stadium is turning into a dump, but I am sure if this was to every gain legs than Hershey could dump some of their corporate money into renovations. Plus, Hershey is somewhat centralized for most PSAC schools.

Re: Bowl game...

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
    The GMAC and GLVC are partnering to offer their respective conference's an opportunity to play in a bowl game at the end of the year. It will be called "America's Crossroads Bowl", and played in Hobart Indiana.

Since we all love football, this got me thinking. If the PSAC was to play in a bowl game with another conference, what conference would you like to see, and where would the game be played? What are the options?

I understand that there is little to 0 chance of this happening, but just for fun where would you guys envision it?

I would like to see a PSAC/GLIAC game for the following reasons. We already have many non-conference games withe the NE-10 and the MEC. It offers us another opportunity to be exposed to another top conference. Gives our teams a chance to see what (mostly) a fully-funded program is all about.

I think if the game was to stay in PA, than Hershey may be a good option. Hotels and fanfare are available. Of course that stadium is turning into a dump, but I am sure if this was to every gain legs than Hershey could dump some of their corporate money into renovations. Plus, Hershey is somewhat centralized for most PSAC schools.

Any stadium in PA that could hold about 200 people would suffice. An extra game for a non-playoff team in an empty stadium in November ... doesn't sound real intriguing.

IUP played Ashland the past two years. Edinboro is playing Grand Valley the next several years.

Comment

Corry, Pennsylvania hosted the Beaver Bowl decades ago back when small colleges were all playing at the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Any stadium in PA that could hold about 200 people would suffice. An extra game for a non-playoff team in an empty stadium in November ... doesn't sound real intriguing.

IUP played Ashland the past two years. Edinboro is playing Grand Valley the next several years.
        I see your point of view on this. My question is how much attendance do the other bowls get? How does the Mineral Water Bowl stay going?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Corry, Pennsylvania hosted the Beaver Bowl decades ago back when small colleges were all playing at the same level.
          Still recall IUP televised in the BOARDWALK BOWL, indoors in AC. Good game as I recall.

Comment

If the PSAC split the league into 2 or the Bowl Game was against local D3 schools it would probably generate decent attendance. In D3 the top 2 team from each the Centennial & MAC conferences who don't make the playoffs square off in the MAC/Centennial Bowl Game Series. They turn out decent size crowds as the schools are all within a 2-3 hour ride from each other which keeps traveling cost down to a minimum.

Comment

Most PSAC schools are lucky to draw 2-3K to their home games to begin with. I don't see how a D2 bowl game in Hershey would draw that much excitement, to be honest.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                If the PSAC split the league into 2 or the Bowl Game was against local D3 schools it would probably generate decent attendance. In D3 the top 2 team from each the Centennial & MAC conferences who don't make the playoffs square off in the MAC/Centennial Bowl Game Series. They turn out decent size crowds as the schools are all within a 2-3 hour ride from each other which keeps traveling cost down to a minimum.
                Isn't the PSAC split into 2 divisions?

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                  Most PSAC schools are lucky to draw 2-3K to their home games to begin with. I don't see how a D2 bowl game in Hershey would draw that much excitement, to be honest.
                  Less than 100 people.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                    Agreed - neutral site doesn't work at this level and neither does playing during vacation. I think the only thing that could remotely draw a respectable crowd would be a 'Battle of Washington County' of Cal vs W&J. But neither team would agree to play that game.

Comment

Comment

We have the PSAC Championship game and we have the NCAA playoffs. What's the point?

Comment

ESU, still living rent-free in Nation's head despite being pretty much irrelevant in football for a decade. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            We have the PSAC Championship game and we have the NCAA playoffs. What's the point?
                            You kidding? A game featuring Gannon vs. Concord would sell out a neutral site stadium in seconds. LOL.

#LIT-AF

Comment

Honestly, do you have the capability of having an actual mature conversation without any digs or asinine comments? Nowhere did anyone here come at you, or your program.

You really do need help my friend. And I do not say that to be cruel, but honestly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X