Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Tiger!

What do y'all think? Amazing sports moment. The guy was all but lost and given up for dead. Tremendous performance today to claim his fifth green jacket.

This even rivals the time in April 1997 when the entire world stopped to take a look at what the then 21-year old phenom was doing at Augusta National.

Great sports moments here!

-

Re: OT: Tiger!

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    What do y'all think? Amazing sports moment. The guy was all but lost and given up for dead. Tremendous performance today to claim his fifth green jacket.

This even rivals the time in April 1997 when the entire world stopped to take a look at what the then 21-year old phenom was doing at Augusta National.

-
    There was already a Tiger thread. Why duplicate it?

Comment

He's a scum bag.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
        There was already a Tiger thread. Why duplicate it?
        Where? On this forum? I did not see it.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          He's a scum bag.
          Did you hear what he did to Terry Bradshaw in 1979?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
              Did you hear what he did to Terry Bradshaw in 1979?
              I assume that you are referencing Tiger beating out Terry for the cut at Oakmont. I'm not a golf historian but I wouldn't think it was 1979. Tiger was like three then.

-

Comment

That's pretty much how I feel as well. Certainly he did behave as a total and complete jerk years ago. But he did get humbled and had no choice but to learn some humility along the way. He did deal with a lot of things (many of which were of his own doing, but some not). He was taken for lost and gone as a professional golfer for all intents and purposes over the past decade or so. But I had to give him some admiration today as he came back from it all. It was historic.

Apparently the powers that be at Augusta National moved things up to try and get a jump on some bad weather that was moving in. I kind of liked the early time much better.

-

Comment

-

Comment

That's pretty much how I feel as well. Certainly he did behave as a total and complete jerk years ago. But he did get humbled and had no choice but to learn some humility along the way. He did deal with a lot of things (many of which were of his own doing, but some not). He was taken for lost and gone as a professional golfer for all intents and purposes over the past decade or so. But I had to give him some admiration today as he came back from it all. It was historic.

Apparently the powers that be at Augusta National moved things up to try and get a jump on some bad weather that was moving in. I kind of liked the early time much better.

-
                    I figured they moved it earlier so everyone could be home in time for Game of Thrones.

Comment

I figured they moved it earlier so everyone could be home in time for Game of Thrones.
                      Screw the nasty weather ahead they had to prepare because Winter was coming in the form of Game of Thrones lol. I agree a great feat by Tiger especially considering the physical setbacks he's faced the last 7-8 years and him being wrote off pretty much by most as being done and damaged goods.

Comment

YUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          YUCK!

Comment

Same.

Comment

I've moved on past Tiger's personal indiscretions and it honestly surprises me that there are so many people still hung up on them. Tiger was basically following the Mickey Mantle school of self-indulgence but somehow came out with a much less rosy treatment.

Tiger's greatest advantages during his initial run were that a) he was in incredible shape to accommodate his over swing and muscling shots, and b) his mental focus was almost impeccable. He couldn't beat any of us when his health and focus/confidence weren't there. Now they're both back and I'm excited to see what happens.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X