Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to PSAC

Sheoherd Rams coming to PSAC, looking for pointers on watching upcoming games. Is there a central place to watch games or is it based on each school to broadcast?

Re: New to PSAC

PSAC streaming app on Roku/Fire/AppleTV, etc

Comment

Bigger the game ... worse the feed.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Bigger the game ... worse the feed.
        It seems like that sometimes, Probably 2/3 of the teams have decent feeds though, Some like IUP, Cal SRU, Kutz, Seton Hill and Ship are really good - if you ignore the student announcers. A few, Gannon in particular, seem like some guy, with an old camera, that moves it to follow the action after each play -less if its cold.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
          It seems like that sometimes, Probably 2/3 of the teams have decent feeds though, Some like IUP, Cal SRU, Kutz, Seton Hill and Ship are really good - if you ignore the student announcers. A few, Gannon in particular, seem like some guy, with an old camera, that moves it to follow the action after each play -less if its cold.
          Gannon's basketball feed is liking watching The Blair Witch. Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by ek327 View Post
            Sheoherd Rams coming to PSAC, looking for pointers on watching upcoming games. Is there a central place to watch games or is it based on each school to broadcast?
            Bottom line: The PSAC website has a composite schedule for each sport. On there, they keep up with video links very well for each game. I'd say it's one of the best things they do.

And it will be a rare football or basketball game that isn't streamed.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              Bottom line: The PSAC website has a composite schedule for each sport. On there, they keep up with video links very well for each game. I'd say it's one of the best things they do.

And it will be a rare football or basketball game that isn't streamed.
              ... except over the 7-week XMAS break. The majority of schools don't broadcast the games during that eternity of a break.

Comment

Ship always did. IUP doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                  Ship always did. IUP doesn't?
                  IUP does not.

Comment

Well, the video's finally working for me for a good PSAC East matchup this morning, Millersville-Bloomsburg. Eli Nabholz vs. Ashton Raines; won't be many runs here. 0-0 after inning and a half.

Comment

Was that the guy who wiped the lens of the camera off, albeit infrequently?

Comment

I think the best part of our streams are the announcers. They aren't students. I don't know if they're local radio guys or what. But I like them. I think SRU does a really good job all around with our football broadcasts.

Comment

I'm going to stick up for the IUP student announcers. Yes, there are times when they don't seem to know what they are talking about and that can be frustrating for a listener; however, I think it's a great experience for them so I would rather have it that way. IUP has a great journalism and communications media (is that what they call it now?) school. After all, it is a university-sponsored webcast so I accept it. I think it's a good thing. Although it can be maddening at times.

Comment

Originally posted by ek327 View Post
                            Without knowing your situation (where you live, your work sked, etc.) my advice: go to some of the games. Living outside Philly, I can't get back to SRU as much as I would like. But I think going to road games is a lot of fun. In recent years, we've been to West Chester, Shippensburg, Kutztown and Shepherd (have only won once in those games (don't get me started on the KU and Ship losses), but it's still fun). Hopefully you can get to some games this year and enjoy the PSAC. Good luck in your first year as a member!

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              I'm going to stick up for the IUP student announcers. Yes, there are times when they don't seem to know what they are talking about and that can be frustrating for a listener; however, I think it's a great experience for them so I would rather have it that way. IUP has a great journalism and communications media (is that what they call it now?) school. After all, it is a university-sponsored webcast so I accept it. I think it's a good thing. Although it can be maddening at times.
                              Still really nice opportunity for STUDENTS to get a running start on a potentially very satisfying career. Several meteorology majors at CAL U have added media course work to line up some nice forecaster gigs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X