Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

The DL should be good next year. Do you think everyone will return?
    Considering 2 of the starters walked yesterday I would have to say no

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskiesfan1 View Post

Considering 2 of the starters walked yesterday I would have to say no
      They still have a year of eligibility, as do others. Senior day means they are graduating, but can go to graduate school.

Comment

They still have a year of eligibility, as do others. Senior day means they are graduating, but can go to graduate school.
        From what I have heard, it looks there is gonna be around 10-15 players not returning (guys who had another year or two of eligibility)

Comment

• Originally posted by BloomFan0102 View Post

From what I have heard, it looks there is gonna be around 10-15 players not returning (guys who had another year or two of eligibility)
          That would make sense, since there weren't too many juniors or seniors seeing playing time. Looking at the participation list for games, some of those are probably left the team during the season.

Comment

Comment

• If they are losing any the younger guys then that's upsetting. Most younger guys are playing and seem to want to build something special in a few years. The older guys who transfer a lot of times are never to be heard from again, meaning the grass isn't always greener. Who is to say player with one year left, goes to Kutztown and sits cause he isn't that good or goes to West Chester and just can't beat a starter out there. Some of the players rumored to be leaving, will have weigh a lot positives and negatives about the move, and in the end they ain't going pro afterwards and its their last year of football. why wait to game 5 or 6 to prove you should be on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by BloomFan0102 View Post

Regardless, 10-15 players is a lot. Young, Old, not good. The future better look bright, or it will all be for naught. The Hale program had a grayshirting component, which led to older players playing. Not younger ones. It will be interesting moving forward. And, if assistant coaches bail out as some on this thread have intimated, it doesn't spell "Cohesion".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Regardless, 10-15 players is a lot. Young, Old, not good. The future better look bright, or it will all be for naught. The Hale program had a grayshirting component, which led to older players playing. Not younger ones. It will be interesting moving forward. And, if assistant coaches bail out as some on this thread have intimated, it doesn't spell "Cohesion".
                  Heard from people around the program that QB Leiby and DL Pellegrino are leaving.. not good

Comment

• I have heard that to, Pellegrino got hurt 3rd game and missed the rest of year and Leiby played a series in 2nd game and got hurt. If that's the case its a shame, like I said would hate for them to leave and not see the field. Always tough for a QB since just one, easier for a D Tackle to get in the rotation. Hey wish them the best, two other QBs have to step up and young D linemen have start working now. Need a good recruiting class and hopefully the younger game who played this year pay off. I thought both Qbs showed promise at times, #5 Rb could be a top notch RB in conference and great 2 new young Tight Ends. If next year we are on with a 3-8 season, you can't have these same issue but it's Sheptocks 1st real season at Bloom, I think future will be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futurelooksbright View Post
                      I have heard that to, Pellegrino got hurt 3rd game and missed the rest of year and Leiby played a series in 2nd game and got hurt. If that's the case its a shame, like I said would hate for them to leave and not see the field. Always tough for a QB since just one, easier for a D Tackle to get in the rotation. Hey wish them the best, two other QBs have to step up and young D linemen have start working now. Need a good recruiting class and hopefully the younger game who played this year pay off. I thought both Qbs showed promise at times, #5 Rb could be a top notch RB in conference and great 2 new young Tight Ends. If next year we are on with a 3-8 season, you can't have these same issue but it's Sheptocks 1st real season at Bloom, I think future will be better.
                      Both Pellegrino and Leiby have been in the program 4 years. Maybe they are eligible for medical redshirt and would have 2 years of eligibility left. Six years in the same college seems like a long time. They have to do what is best for themselves. Paying out of state tuition for Pellegrino could be an issue.

I sure hope WR Pollard and CB Monaco come back for their 6th year.

Comment

Both Pellegrino and Leiby have been in the program 4 years. Maybe they are eligible for medical redshirt and would have 2 years of eligibility left. Six years in the same college seems like a long time. They have to do what is best for themselves. Paying out of state tuition for Pellegrino could be an issue.

I sure hope WR Pollard and CB Monaco come back for their 6th year.
                        Pellegrino is a stud and will he missed for sure. Gotta feel for Leiby. Got put in as a true freshman in week 6 due to an under performing QB and had his ankle tore up in the 2nd quarter. Missed the rest of that season and couldn't get a medical redshirt because it was past the halfway point of the season. Had a nice sophomore campaign. Then this season, was injured in 1st game, played through it only to reaggravate the injury in the 2nd game which put him out for the season. He did run the scout offense this past week against the 1st team defense and heard he looked really sharp and was throwing the ball well. If he indeed is leaving, whomever gets this kid is going to be pleased with him.. Leiby played high school football with my nephew, Great student of the game, great leader, great athlete, and great overall kid. Never heard anything bad about him.
                        I wish him and Pellegrino the best.
                        Monaco and Pollard are both leaving from what I've heard. Supposedly all who walked are done.
                        Last edited by Footballfanofall; 11-14-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Pellegrino is a stud and will he missed for sure. Gotta feel for Leiby. Got put in as a true freshman in week 6 due to an under performing QB and had his ankle tore up in the 2nd quarter. Missed the rest of that season and couldn't get a medical redshirt because it was past the halfway point of the season. Had a nice sophomore campaign. Then this season, was injured in 1st game, played through it only to reaggravate the injury in the 2nd game which put him out for the season. He did run the scout offense this past week against the 1st team defense and heard he looked really sharp and was throwing the ball well. If he indeed is leaving, whomever gets this kid is going to be pleased with him.. Leiby played high school football with my nephew, Great student of the game, great leader, great athlete, and great overall kid. Never heard anything bad about him.
                          I wish him and Pellegrino the best.
                          Monaco and Pollard are both leaving from what I've heard. Supposedly all who walked are done.
                          I missed the senior walk, and haven't seen a list. Who else walked?

Good to see women's soccer win the PSAC title for the 2nd time in 3 years. Bloom is now a baseball and women's soccer school.

Comment

I missed the senior walk, and haven't seen a list. Who else walked?

Good to see women's soccer win the PSAC title for the 2nd time in 3 years. Bloom is now a baseball and women's soccer school.
                            NFL. Not for Long. This is just a Clark Boler and Pete Adrian lull. They were pre-Landis and Hale. Bloom won't do this for a long time. If, and that's an if, all the things being said on here are true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

NFL. Not for Long. This is just a Clark Boler and Pete Adrian lull. They were pre-Landis and Hale. Bloom won't do this for a long time. If, and that's an if, all the things being said on here are true.
                              If everything said on here is true, than nothing can be false. I doubt there are that many soothsayers and wizards on here.

Clark Boler was my instructor for bowling before he took over the football program. Nice guy. He was still a professor of physical education and head coach. Bear Bryant was one of his recommendations for the job. Landis was the first full time HC. Sheptock has gone back to his days playing for Landis; changed the pregame warm-ups back to the south side of the stadium, and rebuilding with freshmen. Landis may have had more freshmen starting than Sheptock.

Adrian was very creative on the offensive and special teams. He went on to be the HC at D1 Virginia State for 9 years.

Sometimes getting the right coaches and players together is like catching lightening in a bottle. It's all about the right fit.

Comment

• does anyone have a count on how many are in the portal? I saw a couple more freshman entered during the weekend besides the WR's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X