Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Every coach preaches family, and everyone expects the sport to give them self-esteem and pleasure in playing, but it is a violent, competitive sport. Players will abandon a losing team, no doubt, but if they equate worth with failure and success, they'll be doomed to feelings of worthlessness.

Looking at the roster, there are 80 players who never saw the college field before this year. I counted about 10 seniors who probably graduate, 7 are getting sometime on the field. Upper classmen are starting. There are maybe 3 more who got plenty of time in the past and are not getting it now. Are you a player or parent of a player?
    Nobody gives it up, who they are. That's why nobody uses their real names. They want to keep anonymous.

I keep seeing posts about the older/experienced kids not getting playing time when they seemingly did nothing wrong. What if this is true. Think about the reality of Bloomsburg University Football scholarships. Every year the money has to be carefully given out to make sure they can land some of the best recruits. If many of these older players whom have at least a year or two left that are receiving scholarship money end up quitting or transferring, then the new coaching staff has that money available to hand to kids that they have or want to recruit. It's a sad reality, but unfortunately it happens. Could this be what us happening in Bloom right now????

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Nobody gives it up, who they are. That's why nobody uses their real names. They want to keep anonymous.

I keep seeing posts about the older/experienced kids not getting playing time when they seemingly did nothing wrong. What if this is true. Think about the reality of Bloomsburg University Football scholarships. Every year the money has to be carefully given out to make sure they can land some of the best recruits. If many of these older players whom have at least a year or two left that are receiving scholarship money end up quitting or transferring, then the new coaching staff has that money available to hand to kids that they have or want to recruit. It's a sad reality, but unfortunately it happens. Could this be what us happening in Bloom right now????
      Could be, but there are so few upper classmen who aren't playing on this team and who would still have eligibility after this year, that it is unlikely. If anything, transfers would be more likely to come from the 3 classes of freshman, r-freshmen, and what are classified as r-sophomores because of the lost 2020 season. Like I posted before, we can narrow the older players who are unhappy with playing time down to a handful, because most are playing. I can list them.

10 scholarships don't go far, but they are year to year as far as I know. So if a coach didn't want to give a kid a scholarship next year, he wouldn't have to drive him off the team. He would just not give him any money next year or tell him to move on. Nobody is guaranteed a spot on a team.

Comment

Could be, but there are so few upper classmen who aren't playing on this team and who would still have eligibility after this year, that it is unlikely. If anything, transfers would be more likely to come from the 3 classes of freshman, r-freshmen, and what are classified as r-sophomores because of the lost 2020 season. Like I posted before, we can narrow the older players who are unhappy with playing time down to a handful, because most are playing. I can list them.

10 scholarships don't go far, but they are year to year as far as I know. So if a coach didn't want to give a kid a scholarship next year, he wouldn't have to drive him off the team. He would just not give him any money next year or tell him to move on. Nobody is guaranteed a spot on a team.
        I would love to see a list

Comment

Originally posted by Bloomfan17 View Post

I would love to see a list
          Seniors who played against Kutztown:

Cingalia SR started
          Simon R-SR started
          Heath SR started
          Scattini R-SR startedG
          Gooden Gr played 2 inconsequential plays at end of game
          Pollard R-SR started
          Cope SR
          Monaco R-SR started
          Robinson R-SR

Seniors who didn't play: (not sure if some are still on the team)

West GR on the sideline
          Wilson R-SR
          Tornetta GR
          Pelligrion SR would start, but injured
          Edwards GR
          Redd SR

I would say most have a year of eligibility left because of Covid, should they choose to take it. Some have been sitting the bench their whole career. I think you can guess who is unhappy with playing time: Gooden and West should be, if I was them. Redd played nearly every game in 2019. The others may think they should be playing because their seniors, just my opinion.
          Last edited by Bart; 10-12-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Cingalia SR started
            Simon R-SR started
            Heath SR started
            Scattini R-SR startedG
            Pollard R-SR started
            Cope SR
            Monaco R-SR started
            Robinson R-SR

West GR on the sideline
            Wilson R-SR
            Tornetta GR
            Edwards GR
            Redd SR

I would say most have a year of eligibility left because of Covid, should they choose to take it. Some have been sitting the bench their whole career. I think you can guess who is unhappy with playing time: Gooden and West should be, if I was them. Redd played nearly every game in 2019. The others may think they should be playing because their seniors, just my opinion.
            Cope, Heath, Redd and Robinson saw maybe 10-15 snaps. All are guys who are mature and capable of making plays on the field.. confused where the disconnect is with them. Kaleb Monaco and John Ayres did well in the game. West and Gooden are two playmakers that must get reps though. Big play ability

Comment

Originally posted by BloomFan0102 View Post

Cope, Heath, Redd and Robinson saw maybe 10-15 snaps. All are guys who are mature and capable of making plays on the field.. confused where the disconnect is with them. Kaleb Monaco and John Ayres did well in the game. West and Gooden are two playmakers that must get reps though. Big play ability
              I missed Redd as participating. Simon moved to DT for the game, which took a spot that Heath may have played. Martin had the other DT position, but he is a R-JR, not a Sheptock recruit, so I am not sure how that would factor into Sheptock playing his guys. Cope played 1 season at Bloom since transferring in, and for a total of 4 games in 2019. Robinson had 12 tackles in 21 games over the prior 3 seasons.

Comment

Cingalia SR started
                Simon R-SR started
                Heath SR started
                Scattini R-SR startedG
                Pollard R-SR started
                Cope SR
                Monaco R-SR started
                Robinson R-SR

West GR on the sideline
                Wilson R-SR
                Tornetta GR
                Edwards GR
                Redd SR

Who is Scattini at RG???? There is no such player on Blooms roster.
                And putting Gooden in at the end for 2 snaps is a disrespect to that young man.
                Cope, Heath, and Robinson didn't play more than 5 plays each.

Comment

Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

Who is Scattini at RG???? There is no such player on Blooms roster
                  And putting Gooden in at the end for 2 snaps is a disrespect to that young man.
                  Cope, Heath, and Robinson didn't play more than 5 plays each.
                  The kicker Jaco Sattamini. R-Sr, drop the G.

Comment

Cingalia SR started
                    Simon R-SR started
                    Heath SR started
                    Scattini R-SR startedG
                    Pollard R-SR started
                    Cope SR
                    Monaco R-SR started
                    Robinson R-SR

West GR on the sideline
                    Wilson R-SR
                    Tornetta GR
                    Edwards GR
                    Redd SR

Comment

• I agree completely.

Comment

• Nobody deserves what they get. A child doesn't deserve to get cancer and the lottery winner doesn't deserve to win. There is no such thing as fair, but people have to learn to cope with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Nobody deserves what they get. A child doesn't deserve to get cancer and the lottery winner doesn't deserve to win. There is no such thing as fair, but people have to learn to cope with it.

Comment

• Hell yea, preach it Bloomfan17. I hear you. Hard work should have a little pull over favoritism.

Comment

• I only want what is best for the players and team, but there is nothing I can do to change it. I watch the game whether they win or lose, and no matter who plays the game, and have watched Bloom football for near 50 years. I have no favorite players, so don't take it personally. Once the players you care about are gone will you still be watching Bloom games or posting on this board?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

I only want what is best for the players and team, but there is nothing I can do to change it. I watch the game whether they win or lose, and no matter who plays the game, and have watched Bloom football for near 50 years. I have no favorite players, so don't take it personally. Once the players you care about are gone will you still be watching Bloom games or posting on this board?
                                Saw Bart at Quaker Steak and Lube last night

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X