Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I think Ship comes out inspired knowing 4-0 heading to Shepherd is needed for confidence as they're the run away favorites in the East. However Bloom knows they aren't making playoffs so they'll be motivated to play spoiler at Ship while also trying to salvage their season. Ship's defense has given up huge plays, Bloom typically uses long drives to score. It'll be a chess match hopefully my Red Raiders come out inspired and play great defense and the offense is firing on all cylinders.
    Shep's not the favorite anymore.

Gonma be a long film session tomorrow for Bloom. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I just got back from the Ship game. Bloom is young (as are many teams this year), but I expected a little more from them. Mussina wasn't particularly sharp in the first half, and Ship has a very conservative game plan early, running on every first down, and it was still 24-0 at half. The Raiders mixed up the play-calling a little more in the second half, and that was all she wrote. Bloom had one long pass play for a TD when they caught Ship in a jailbreak blitz, and that was about the extent of their offense. I would have liked the Raiders to face a stronger passing attack as we get Bagent at Shepherd next week.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, Film Session shouldn't be too long. You can't browbeat far lesser talent into becoming more talented. Only recruiting can give them a chance. And, although they are young, there has been 2 recruiting classes as a base. There should be some brighter spots. Bloom vs LHU and Ville are best shots to win and are likely tossups at this point. Bloom ceiling is probably 3 wins for the season. A precipitous drop from the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Well, Film Session shouldn't be too long. You can't browbeat far lesser talent into becoming more talented. Only recruiting can give them a chance. And, although they are young, there has been 2 recruiting classes as a base. There should be some brighter spots. Bloom vs LHU and Ville are best shots to win and are likely tossups at this point. Bloom ceiling is probably 3 wins for the season. A precipitous drop from the past.
          Bloom also has quite a few starters that are out with injuries. Not saying this would have made a difference, but alit of inexperienced players filling those spots.

Comment

As someone on here said, it is a building year, not a rebuilding year. It took George Landis went 1-7 his first year, and it took 3 seasons to compete for a PSAC Championship. Danny Hale needed 3 years before he had winning season. They built programs. Sheptock is starting from scratch with everything new.

Today was ugly. They were short handed on the DL with 2 starters out. OL had to be reshuffled and is on their 3rd center. WRs Langley, one of whom caught the winning Hail Mary were out. Two back up QBs had to play, and there were a lot of back-ups and freshman. Still, non-competitive after the 1st quarter. Offense is a big problem in that they can't score or control the ball. Defense got tired since they were on field 2/3 of the game.

But Bloom is undefeated at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
              As someone on here said, it is a building year, not a rebuilding year. It took George Landis went 1-7 his first year, and it took 3 seasons to compete for a PSAC Championship. Danny Hale needed 3 years before he had winning season. They built programs. Sheptock is starting from scratch with everything new.

Today was ugly. They were short handed on the DL with 2 starters out. OL had to be reshuffled and is on their 3rd center. WRs Langley, one of whom caught the winning Hail Mary were out. Two back up QBs had to play, and there were a lot of back-ups and freshman. Still, non-competitive after the 1st quarter. Offense is a big problem in that they can't score or control the ball. Defense got tired since they were on field 2/3 of the game.

So it's a result of the coaching change?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

So it's a result of the coaching change?
                It's the result of new players, new system, and new coaches. The program was on the downhill, which resulted in a coaching change. The last HC inherited a program,which resulted playing for 2 PSAC Championships. The next 5 years was all downhill. Something changed in that time, maybe recruiting dropped off, maybe the play calling. Let's see were Bloom is in 3 years, and we can blame the HC at that time. Thanks for asking, but just don't tell me what I post is stupid, and also say I can post whatever I want. LOL
                2013 Paul Darragh 10 2 .833 # ! +
                2014 Paul Darragh 11 2 .846 # +
                2015 Paul Darragh 7 4 .636
                2016 Paul Darragh 6 5 .545
                2017 Paul Darragh 7 4 .636
                2018 Paul Darragh 6 5 .545
                2019 Paul Darragh 5 6 .455

Comment

It's the result of new players, new system, and new coaches. The program was on the downhill, which resulted in a coaching change. The last HC inherited a program,which resulted playing for 2 PSAC Championships. The next 5 years was all downhill. Something changed in that time, maybe recruiting dropped off, maybe the play calling. Let's see were Bloom is in 3 years, and we can blame the HC at that time. Thanks for asking, but just don't tell me what I post is stupid, and also say I can post whatever I want. LOL
                  2013 Paul Darragh 10 2 .833 # ! +
                  2014 Paul Darragh 11 2 .846 # +
                  2015 Paul Darragh 7 4 .636
                  2016 Paul Darragh 6 5 .545
                  2017 Paul Darragh 7 4 .636
                  2018 Paul Darragh 6 5 .545
                  2019 Paul Darragh 5 6 .455
                  Well, it's a great country where you're free to be stupid.

It's a precipitous drop-off for the Huskies, though. It seems as though through the transition from 2019 to now they didn't retain many players, which is the reason for having such a young team. I understand that the HC deserves a chance. I also remember a lot of dissatisfaction with the selection process.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, it's a great country where you're free to be stupid.

It's a precipitous drop-off for the Huskies, though. It seems as though through the transition from 2019 to now they didn't retain many players, which is the reason for having such a young team. I understand that the HC deserves a chance. I also remember a lot of dissatisfaction with the selection process.
                    I don't recall much about the selection process, other than DC Henicle was in the running, but they went outside the program for the hire. Never heard if others were in the running. Feel free to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                      I see Bloomsburg getting blown away down at Shippensburg. Hope I am wrong, but that is what I think will happen.
                      Told ya so!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post

Told ya so!!
                        So what are tonight's lotto numbers?
                        GO HUSKIES!

Comment

I was looking at the box score and saw that Ben Ries was 4 for 11 for 19 yards and 2 picks, and THAT guy was Bloom's leading rusher. Yikes.
                          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Danny Hale had a losing season his first year. Then, 4 straight winning seasons with a minimum of 8 wins per season. Then a losing season, and 14 straight winning seasons. Darragh had one losing season. Would anyone take 5 wins this season. Again, remember, two straight recruiting classes. Coming off Darragh's last year, rebuilding maybe should have been expected than building a new program from scratch. But, it will all play out. It could be worse, Millersville has had 3 recruiting classes going into their third year. They have a shot at LHU, Bloom, and not likely Edinboro with the way they played Cal today.

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

I was looking at the box score and saw that Ben Ries was 4 for 11 for 19 yards and 2 picks, and THAT guy was Bloom's leading rusher. Yikes.
                              I believe his father was one of Danny Hale's first QBs at Bloom.

Comment

I think right now, you can probably throw Bloomsburg, LHaven and the 'Ville in a hat. Any could beat the others on a given day.

And if I were to guess which was trending upward fastest, I would vote for Millersville. They have some young talent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X