• PSAC Attendance - Week 2

Slippery Rock - 8,101
    Indiana - 5,000
    Edinboro - 3,191
    California - 2,612
    Gannon - 1,137
    Mercyhurst - 903
    Seton Hill - 795

Clarion has not posted a box score for the Millersville game.

The Rock was PACKED on the home side. Great showing by the fans/students!

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
      The Rock was PACKED on the home side. Great showing by the fans/students!
      Rock has a great visitor side but man does it feel far away from the action. Have they at least added bathrooms on the visitor side?

Comment

So in general larger schools with more football success get bigger attendance (with California as a possible outlier).

Comment

Rock has historically always been a good draw. Edinboro is pretty consistent in the 3,000-4,000 range with around 7,000 on Homecoming. Might break 8,000 this year with Rock and good weather. Edinboro might have had more but they also had their annual Scottish Highland Games going on.

I think IUP is the big surprise - but Cal's drop is odd too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Rock has historically always been a good draw. Edinboro is pretty consistent in the 3,000-4,000 range with around 7,000 on Homecoming. Might break 8,000 this year with Rock and good weather. Edinboro might have had more but they also had their annual Scottish Highland Games going on.

IUP's count was low, too.

I haven't missed many home games in the past 30 years. That was one of the largest I've seen.

Comment

Ship drew 5,058 for its home opener in Week 1, which was almost all home side fans since West Virginia State brought maybe 100. I think attendance will be decent this season, weather and Covid permitting, although West Chester is one of our few marquee home games.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP's count was low, too.

I haven't missed many home games in the past 30 years. That was one of the largest I've seen.
                I wasn't surprised. No IUP football last year plus some good hype for this team coming into the season. Matter of time to get people in.

Penn State plays at night next weekend so that might help home teams attract the locals.

Ship is always a pretty good draw on the Wawa side of the state.

Comment

but Cal's drop is odd too.
                  A classic refutation of the "Field of Dreams" proposition. Not the best stadium, but certainly respectable. Not on campus, but certainly accessible from the entire region. Beautiful late summer Saturday. Creampuff opponent. No good reason. No explanation. Just pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

A classic refutation of the "Field of Dreams" proposition. Not the best stadium, but certainly respectable. Not on campus, but certainly accessible from the entire region. Beautiful late summer Saturday. Creampuff opponent. No good reason. No explanation. Just pathetic.
                    No offense intended, but its been a few years since the big playoff runs. That's what I guess is nice about Edinboro - they tend to draw the same regardless of outcome.

Comment

No offense intended, but its been a few years since the big playoff runs. That's what I guess is nice about Edinboro - they tend to draw the same regardless of outcome.
                      Playoffs aside, as many have said what else is there to do in the Mon Valley on a bright Saturday afternoon. With an average record of 9-3 for the decade, 5-1 at home, it's not like showing up at Hubert Jack or Biemesderfer for the ritual shellacking of the home team. If I had moved back to the 'Burg as had been considered, it certainly would be part of my weekend ritual. 400+ miles from Queens, NY not so much. It makes my old heart ache. Oh well.

Comment

Well, Lock Haven has been so noncompetitive recently that's it not much fun to go watch a game against them. Ship probably had its worst team in several years in 2019 and still put 65 points up on them.

Comment

I don't think anyone at IUP actually counts the crowd. The last home game I was at vs Millersville in 2018, the whole home side was full. they said it was like 3500 or something like that and I was like there were more people there than that.

Comment

I wasn't surprised. No IUP football last year plus some good hype for this team coming into the season. Matter of time to get people in.

Penn State plays at night next weekend so that might help home teams attract the locals.

Ship is always a pretty good draw on the Wawa side of the state.
                            The Wawas only goes as far west as Lancaster County. They are in Berks, the Lehigh Valley and few of the lower Poconos Counties along with the Philadelphia Metro or as we call it...The Delaware Valley. They literally ceded the rest of Pennsylvania to Sheetz.

Sheetz is probably mad they didn't invade Flori-duh like Wawa did...they have to be making a killing down there.

Comment

Well...maybe the days when The Godfather was there in the infamous track suit that it just drew the crowds like crazy!

Slimey Fans are robots that do as they are told and IUP's crowds will drop as the weather gets colder and it's a lousy team on the other side of the field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X