Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Shepherd plays at home!

What a way to start the season! 3 wins on the road with two of them 6 hour plus road trips. Finally, we get a home game against a very good Kutztown. Quite frankly, Kutztown is the team that worries me the most in the PSAC East. They do everything well, and really played a good game against IUP but made too many mental mistakes. Shepherd will need to come out and establish the pace early. They should be fired up as they lost the previous matchup and playing in front of the home crowd for the first time this year. This is a huge game in the scheme of the East and you can bet Kutztown doesn't want to be saddled with two losses this early in the season.

Agreed! And just so looking forward to a home game. We need a more balanced attack for sure. The protection always seems to a have passing emphasis. Hey, I get it....need to protect the best D2 QB in the country right now....defense is improving each week so that should help some too..

Comment

You're going to have these schedules in Division II, where we can't buy ourselves seven home games like the big boys. Ship hit a doozy of a schedule in '19 when the Raiders caught Slippery Rock and California early, then had IUP to finish the season as our flex game. Played the usual suspects in the East as well, of course, and we didn't have nearly as talented a team as you guys do this season. Getting to within two points of Shepherd that year was probably Ship's best effort of '19. This year, we're just coming off a two-game swing to Edinboro and Clarion, which fortunately both appear to be down this season. And the other thing with an 11-game schedule is that you only get five home games every other year. Ship has six this year, but Shepherd and Kutztown are both away, so we don't gain any real advantage there.

The way to look at it is that you guys came through that tough road swing with three wins and now have Kutztown and then Ship coming to Shepherdstown. Win those, and you're completely in the driver's seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
        What a way to start the season! 3 wins on the road with two of them 6 hour plus road trips. Finally, we get a home game against a very good Kutztown. Quite frankly, Kutztown is the team that worries me the most in the PSAC East. They do everything well, and really played a good game against IUP but made too many mental mistakes.
        And......where was this very good BEARS team this past Saturday vs the LHU of the West ?? Not intending to tweak Karma, but I don't see this as a close game after early in the 3rd qtr.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          And......where was this very good BEARS team this past Saturday vs the LHU of the West ?? Not intending to tweak Karma, but I don't see this as a close game after early in the 3rd qtr.
          I hope you're right. I just hope we're not flat after the IUP game.

Comment

Will be nice to see a home game for the best homefield advantage in the Region!

It was really nice to see the Punt team make big improvements on execution from Week 1. I was certainly holding my breath in the 1 or 2 punts that we had this weekend with IUP. Hopefully they can continue tightening up that special teams so that we don't have to bank on the offense being nearly unstoppable every series.

Defense I think has improved greatly from week 1. With the way the offense scores (quickly/often) the defense is flat out on the field for more than you'd like. It's a good problem. They have done a good job with the bend but don't break, and through 3 games on the road, the run defense has done great.

If the offense can start more effectively running the ball when they need to, it's going to be a great year. Saying prayers to stay healthy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
              Will be nice to see a home game for the best homefield advantage in the Region!

It was really nice to see the Punt team make big improvements on execution from Week 1. I was certainly holding my breath in the 1 or 2 punts that we had this weekend with IUP. Hopefully they can continue tightening up that special teams so that we don't have to bank on the offense being nearly unstoppable every series.

Defense I think has improved greatly from week 1. With the way the offense scores (quickly/often) the defense is flat out on the field for more than you'd like. It's a good problem. They have done a good job with the bend but don't break, and through 3 games on the road, the run defense has done great.

If the offense can start more effectively running the ball when they need to, it's going to be a great year. Saying prayers to stay healthy!!!
              Its nice having some depth at linebacker and D-line. I think we'll be able to even get deeper in a few weeks when the quality of opponent drops.

Comment

Bagent wins his 3rd Player of the week Honors for the PSAC East. Well deserved!

https://psacsports.org/news/2021/9/2...he-week-3.aspx

Comment

It's nice to see the defense improving. I was a little concerned after the Dominican game and I thought every game would have to be a shootout. Not complaining about how quickly Shepherd can score but it would be nice to establish the run a little more to eat some time off the clock and give the defense a rest. Next two games should be are key and it is good to have them at home. The weather looks great for the weekend and I expect the fans to show up after a year without football.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post
                    It's nice to see the defense improving. I was a little concerned after the Dominican game and I thought every game would have to be a shootout. Not complaining about how quickly Shepherd can score but it would be nice to establish the run a little more to eat some time off the clock and give the defense a rest. Next two games should be are key and it is good to have them at home. The weather looks great for the weekend and I expect the fans to show up after a year without football.
                    You're correct. When you've got the game in hand in the fourth quarter, its nice to be able to punch the ball down the opponents throat and chew up clock. But in order to wear the opposing team down, you do need to have some sustained drives involving some success in the run game. Let the big boys eat!

Comment

I would like to see Swartz get a few more carries. I know that he has been injured, but he looked great on limited attempts at IUP. Hopefully, he's healthy enough and we see what he can do with a few more touches.

Comment

I think this will be a break out game for # 31. Like Glover's break out game.

Comment

His Rams breakout.

Comment

Comment

Spot on!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X