Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP @ SRU FYI-if you are planning to attend

Below you will find all pertinent information regarding Homecoming events, tickets, parking, tailgating and live coverage, along with complete game notes.

HOMECOMING EVENTS (Full Schedule Here)

- Free food and game vouchers for SRU students. Event is open to all comers.

This is going to block throughway access on North Road, North Road is the road below the lower stadium lot & the soccer fields.
    LIVE INTERNET COVERAGELive StatsLive Streaming VideoLive Audio (Online and Radio)Twitter | All scoring information and in-game updates.

WATCH ON YOUR TVMOBILE APPTICKETS (For advance tickets, Call 724-738-2021 or stop by the Athletic Office in Morrow Field House)COVID-19 FAN INFORMATIONPARKINGCampus Map | Stadium is #52 on Map

VISITING FAN PARKINGCampus Map | Visitor parking is at building #51. Entry gate is at building #53.

TAILGATINGHERE.

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Below you will find all pertinent information regarding Homecoming events, tickets, parking, tailgating and live coverage, along with complete game notes.

HOMECOMING EVENTS (Full Schedule Here)

- Free food and game vouchers for SRU students. Event is open to all comers.

This is going to block throughway access on North Road, North Road is the road below the lower stadium lot & the soccer fields.
    LIVE INTERNET COVERAGELive StatsLive Streaming VideoLive Audio (Online and Radio)Twitter | All scoring information and in-game updates.

WATCH ON YOUR TVMOBILE APPTICKETS (For advance tickets, Call 724-738-2021 or stop by the Athletic Office in Morrow Field House)COVID-19 FAN INFORMATIONPARKINGCampus Map | Stadium is #52 on Map

VISITING FAN PARKINGCampus Map | Visitor parking is at building #51. Entry gate is at building #53.

TAILGATINGHERE.

Do they enforce the tailgating rules (none at halftime and all must enter at kickoff)?

That is killing the IUP crowds. So many people never come inside. Or, if they do, they leave at halftime for a beer and never come back in.

I don't get the hold up ... D2 needs to get up to speed with D1 and just sell beer inside.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      [/B]

Do they enforce the tailgating rules (none at halftime and all must enter at kickoff)?

That is killing the IUP crowds. So many people never come inside. Or, if they do, they leave at halftime for a beer and never come back in.

I don't get the hold up ... D2 needs to get up to speed with D1 and just sell beer inside.
      I thought there was a PSAC rule on selling alcohol at the game but IUP basketball proves that's false. Unless they received special permission. Edinboro had several breweries set up inside the stadium last weekend for Homecoming. Then again, I'm just as guilty of not going in.

Comment

[/B]

Yes, they enforce the halftime rule.

D2 schools would not have manpower that D1 has to enforce LCB laws.

Comment

2019 prices : $5 for parking & $7 for ticket to game; now $10 & $10. I am pretty sure the revenue is shared and just does not all go to football.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
            2019 prices : $5 for parking & $7 for ticket to game; now $10 & $10. I am pretty sure the revenue is shared and just does not all go to football.
            This could have changed, but several years ago I was told by someone at the home office that nearly all PASSHE schools put ticket sales from all games into the general scholarship fund. This is probably also why IUP's athletic scholarship totals skew toward the ticket-required programs. The bigger the crowds, most likely more money for the non-revenue sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

This could have changed, but several years ago I was told by someone at the home office that nearly all PASSHE schools put ticket sales from all games into the general scholarship fund. This is probably also why IUP's athletic scholarship totals skew toward the ticket-required programs. The bigger the crowds, most likely more money for the non-revenue sports.
              Our tickets are also the most expensive. General admission at the door is $12 + $1 'service fee'. I think reserved seats at the door are either $17 or $18. Same with basketball.

Comment

Our tickets are also the most expensive. General admission at the door is $12 + $1 'service fee'. I think reserved seats at the door are either $17 or $18. Same with basketball.
                Shepherd is $15 for gen admission.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd is $15 for gen admission.
                  Anything under $20 is a good deal in my opinion.

Those who have big followings should charge more.

Comment

Anything under $20 is a good deal in my opinion.

Those who have big followings should charge more.
                    I'd say for a reserved seat, $20 should be the cap for a PSAC football game. Even then you're most likely getting the people who pay less buying in advance or a season pass. The price should probably be marginally more than what the local high school charges. A whole lot of people get in for free, even loyal football fans by way of donation levels.

Comment

1) Thx SRU 88. Great info although I will not be in Pa that week hence the ol' PSAC channel on Roku

2) Gannon only charges $5 ( $3 for SRs ) open seating.
                      I know soon enough GU may be free & with the seating they have fan att will increase by 7 to @544

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I thought there was a PSAC rule on selling alcohol at the game but IUP basketball proves that's false. Unless they received special permission. Edinboro had several breweries set up inside the stadium last weekend for Homecoming. Then again, I'm just as guilty of not going in.
                        I know several years ago, Shepherd launched a unique hospitality option for their home games -- Fans had the opportunity to purchase a separate admission ticket to Cater's Corner. The area was a really great spot to watch the game and where fans 21 and could enjoy beer and food options. I moved a couple years ago and have no clue if that is still on-going?

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I know several years ago, Shepherd launched a unique hospitality option for their home games -- Fans had the opportunity to purchase a separate admission ticket to Cater's Corner. The area was a really great spot to watch the game and where fans 21 and could enjoy beer and food options. I moved a couple years ago and have no clue if that is still on-going?
                          Clarion (of all places) has something similar in the one endzone. They call it the Presidents' Club (or Tent, or something). Funny thing there is there are games there are more people in the tent than in the stands.

Comment

Clarion (of all places) has something similar in the one endzone. They call it the Presidents' Club (or Tent, or something). Funny thing there is there are games there are more people in the tent than in the stands.
                            Just traded emails with an old college friend who still goes to the Shepherd games and he said that there are limited beer sales inside the Stadium - However, all beer sales end with the start of the fourth quarter. That this initiative was implemented as an extension of the Cater's Corner pilot program since is was a huge success. And, due to stadium wide beer sales, Cater's Corner is gone and it has now been converted into additional parking spaces.

Comment

Yep.....Cater's Corner is gone, but what a good idea then and opened up general beer sales. I think that may be only on the home side, but not sure since the pavilion was added. I think since Shepherd has limited space they have to reserve some space for camera crews in the event they are ever needed...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X