Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Playoffs

Since the playoff picture is a hot topic now, can somebody clear up for me how things work in 2021?

Three questions:

1) Which conferences are in our region?
    2) When do regional rankings start, or did they change it until end of regular season only?
    3) How many teams get into the playoffs?

1) Which conferences are in our region? GMAC, NE10, MEC, PSAC
    2) When do regional rankings start, or did they change it until end of regular season only? Tomorrow
    3) How many teams get into the playoffs? 7

Comment

Do conference Champs get an automatic invite or that has been changed?

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
        No, but they may be given some unofficial credit in comparison to non conference champions.

Comment

Conference championships are not an official criterion. If you are the highest-ranked team in your conference and inside the top 9, you get in regardless of whether you're the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
            Conference championships have never been an automatic bid. I have seen conferences shut out from the playoffs multiple times.

Comment

ODU-TIffin this weekend pretty much decides who the front runner to get the one spot from the GMAC. They both end with a tough game and both have 2 losses right now.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                ODU-TIffin this weekend pretty much decides who the front runner to get the one spot from the GMAC. They both end with a tough game and both have 2 losses right now.
                The GMAC isn't guaranteed a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Conference championships have never been an automatic bid. I have seen conferences shut out from the playoffs multiple times.
                  Obviously a lot depends on the overall strength, real or perceived, of the conference. In SR1 the PSAC by virtue of size and perceived strength, teams are given an edge over possibly equally good teams from NE10. The strength of the GMAC and MEC fall somewhere in between those extremes and have produced some outstanding teams but not as many as might be warranted and that is discussed a lot on this MB.

Comment

The GMAC isn't guaranteed a spot.
                    Ya, just meant the front runner for the one spot they might get. If one of them ends with 2 losses I cant see one not getting in if all they have to do is be in the top 9

they both have 2 losses now....one will have 3 losses after this weekend. And the they both finish with a tough games so its down to only one spot for the Gmac at most

Comment

I'm not ready to count out an 8-3 Findlay.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        I'm not ready to count out an 8-3 Findlay.
                        It's still too early. Too many big games remain.

It almost always works itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's still too early. Too many big games remain.

It almost always works itself out.
                          That is one of the truest statements ever. And I also look at it like this ... If you lose more than once, you know that you may very well be left at home. We've all had that team that lost one too many games but was better than some teams in the playoffs.

Comment

That is one of the truest statements ever. And I also look at it like this ... If you lose more than once, you know that you may very well be left at home. We've all had that team that lost one too many games but was better than some teams in the playoffs.
                            Yep. I think they live in Indiana, PA.

But ... that's what happens when yesterday happens.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Ya, just meant the front runner for the one spot they might get. If one of them ends with 2 losses I cant see one not getting in if all they have to do is be in the top 9

they both have 2 losses now....one will have 3 losses after this weekend. And the they both finish with a tough games so its down to only one spot for the Gmac at most
                              So if GMAC gets 1, and the MEC gets NDC, is there a decent chance for NEW HAVEN to make it if they lose to BENTLEY or do they have to win that game? Is there any chance, say 50/50 that the GMAC gets skipped?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X