Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
    The criteria for entry is inconsistent when the teams aren't playing the same amount of games, I'll start and end there...
    In the initial Regional Rankings, there are now (3) teams with 10 games (IUP, Charleston, California).

Comment

The criteria for entry is inconsistent when the teams aren't playing the same amount of games, I'll start and end there...

Comment

Well, all teams have their choice. They can play 10 games or they can play 11 games.

Plus, there are so many different factors at play you don't know whether it will help or hurt a team.

Not to mention that the system is inconsistent, anyway, because you're ranking teams from 4 different conferences who don't play each other. Also, PSAC comparisons are inconsistent because teams play different teams in the crossover games.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Well, all teams have their choice. They can play 10 games or they can play 11 games.

Plus, there are so many different factors at play you don't know whether it will help or hurt a team.

Not to mention that the system is inconsistent, anyway, because you're ranking teams from 4 different conferences who don't play each other. Also, PSAC comparisons are inconsistent because teams play different teams in the crossover games.
          Maybe in 5-10 years this won't be an issue anymore. We'll have enough teams for a league and everybody plays each other every season. I have my doubts how much longer football will survive at some of our schools.

Comment

ive been on the board for well over a decade guy, i make the same statement every year... the system is inconsistent. The shoe has been on the other foot, check posts by your fellow alums.

i agree IUPgroundhog. I dont have an answer. It is like the old FBS system, I dont have an exact science, it just needed to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Looks like playing an 11th game would have been a good idea.

Comment

Scheduling an 11th game can definitely help, if it is not a cupcake. Shepherd scheduled ODU which is not a walk in the park, but won this year. That will probably get them in the playoffs as long as they continue to win.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

How so?
                  I said that generally 3 loss teams don't make the playoffs. I never said it never happens. You're rebuttal made it clear that I was right.

Comment

So, it would appear the PSAC is down to #2 KUTZ, #3 SHEP, #4 CAL and likely #7 SRU. still in the hunt. I tried doing ALL the permutations and got a headache. Suffice to say, IMO, it will be SRU @ KUTZ in the SG with the winner finishing 10-1 and the loser 9-2 and both finishing in 1-4 slots. SHEP will finish 10-1 and end up between #3-6 as will CAL with 9-1 which probably means an intra-league #4-5 Game. One each from the other 3 depending how the BENTLEY/UNH and TIFFIN/FINDLAY games go.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                      So, it would appear the PSAC is down to #2 KUTZ, #3 SHEP, #4 CAL and likely #7 SRU. still in the hunt. I tried doing ALL the permutations and got a headache. Suffice to say, IMO, it will be SRU @ KUTZ in the SG with the winner finishing 10-1 and the loser 9-2 and both finishing in 1-4 slots. SHEP will finish 10-1 and end up between #3-6 as will CAL with 9-1 which probably means an intra-league #4-5 Game. One each from the other 3 depending how the BENTLEY/UNH and TIFFIN/FINDLAY games go.
                      That assumes that Kutztown beats West Chester next week and I'm not convinced that will happen, although I hope it does.

Comment

What happens if KU loses to WC?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
                          A big mess LOL!!!!!

Comment

"The way better team" just lost to one-win Edinboro after choking away a game to California. Your "extra game" argument is moot this season.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
                              I think kutztown clinched the east this weekend because of the head to head with shepherd. If west Chester wins, then kutztown probably has to win the state game to get into the playoffs.

rock vs cal will decide the west representative now. And the winner goes to kutztown. If rock beats Cal, shepherd gets clarion as a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

"The way better team" just lost to one-win Edinboro after choking away a game to California. Your "extra game" argument is moot this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X