3. Shepherd 7-1 @Bloom, ESU, TBD
    4. California 7-0 SH, @SRU, TBD
    5. Notre Dame (OH) 7-1 Fairmont, @Pembroke, AB
    6. New Haven 6-1 Assumption, Bentley, @FP
    7. IUP 5-2 Edinboro, @Seton Hill, TBD
    8. Slippery Rock 7-1 @Gannon, California, TBD
    9. Stonehill 5-2 @Pace, FP, @SCS
    10. Charleston (WV) 5-2 WVW, Wheeling, @WVS

While we can all make assumptions on the final week of the PSAC regular season ... nothing is yet official.

Yep. I think people are surprised that Cal is 4 and Kutztown and Shepherd are higher. And IUP at 7 is in a good spot.

So IF Cal loses to SRU and doesn't play in the state game, that could bump them out of the Top 6.

Comment

Its worth saying that these are based on results TO DATE and will change as teams records OWP changes. PSAC State Game is a major variable - who gets in and who doesn't.

Comment

Honestly I believe Kutztown deserves to be ranked over Cal, as they have more quality wins (Shepherd, Shippensburg, East Stroudsburg, Assumption) as opposed to Cal with their one quality win being over IUP..

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
          Honestly I believe Kutztown deserves to be ranked over Cal, as they have more quality wins (Shepherd, Shippensburg, East Stroudsburg, Assumption) as opposed to Cal with their one quality win being over IUP..
          Cal has a low SOS - they're lucky that the Clarion game wasn't played.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
            This is just release 1 of 3. The metrics change with each week.

In basketball, one of the categories is record versus other regionally ranked opponents (once ranked always ranked). Not sure if that exists in football.

Comment

Of the 10 teams to make the first list, SRU certainly has the toughest remaining slate. They are either going to the SG or probably playing Shepherd.

Playing two mega games back to back is tough. Trust us. We do it constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Of the 10 teams to make the first list, SRU certainly has the toughest remaining slate. They are either going to the SG or probably playing Shepherd.

So say they go 1-1 in those big games. I wonder if they make the playoffs? I assume yes. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

When did you play in any of those games?! Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

So say they go 1-1 in those big games. I wonder if they make the playoffs? I assume yes. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

When did you play in any of those games?! Asking for a friend.
                      Tell your friend to pi$$ off.

Comment

How are the regional rankings determined? Human voting, computer formula, combination of both, etc.?

I legitimately don't know. I'm surprised at Kutztown being ranked 2nd in the region, which is why I'm asking.

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post
                          How are the regional rankings determined? Human voting, computer formula, combination of both, etc.?

I legitimately don't know. I'm surprised at Kutztown being ranked 2nd in the region, which is why I'm asking.
                          I'd put it at 90% computer formula and 10% human, at least in SR1.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'd put it at 90% computer formula and 10% human, at least in SR1.

Can you clarify what 'at least in SR1' means? Isn't it the same across the board?

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post

The official NCAA listing shows in-region record, which is important. Wins against FCS, DIII, & NAIA don't count and wins against teams outside the region don't count unless they are in a state bordering our region. So a win against Bowie State would count since Maryland borders us even though Bowie State is CIAA and in a different region. They don't award style points (win/loss margin, home/away record, polls) but they do look at opponents' win percentage, commonly referred to on here as "strength of schedule".

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X