Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Can you clarify what 'at least in SR1' means? Isn't it the same across the board?
    Regional rankings are put out by regional committees, and the committees don't all look at the criteria exactly the same. SR1's rankings this week stuck closely to the classic winning percentage plus SOS formula.

Comment

Ship has to win out and hope for help to get in and at best we would be a #7 seed. If we do win out and finish 9-2 without making the playoffs I'd still consider it a success seeing as though we hired a new OC a month and half before summer camp opened up. Plus we would be returning most of the offense

Comment

Exactly what I thought it would be.
        Bentley faces tough matchups in UNH and Assumption.
        Rock needs to beat GU and go 1-1 in the last two AND hope UNH loses for an easier road. If Rock goes to title game and wins with a Bentley loss, SRU still has a chance at the 1 seed... which is nuts but is possible and sets up for a potential SRU IUP rematch. All fun, this is going to change dramatically over the next 2weeks...

1. Bentley 7-0 FP, @New Haven, Assumption
        2. Kutztown 7-1 Millersville, @WCU, TBD
        3. Shepherd 7-1 Bloom, ESU, TBD
        4. California 7-0 SH, @SRU, TBD
        5. Notre Dame (OH) 7-1 Fairmont, @Pembroke, AB
        6. New Haven 6-1 Assumption, Bentley, @FP
        7. IUP 5-2 Edinboro, @Seton Hill, TBD
        8. Slippery Rock 7-1 @Gannon, California, TBD
        9. Stonehill 5-2 @Pace, FP, @SCS
        10. Charleston (WV) 5-2 WVW, Wheeling, @WVS

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
          Rock needs to beat GU and go 1-1 in the last two AND hope UNH loses for an easier road. If Rock goes to title game and wins with a Bentley loss, SRU still has a chance at the 1 seed... which is nuts but is possible and sets up for a potential SRU IUP rematch. All fun, this is going to change dramatically over the next 2weeks...

I don't think your D Coordinator ever wants to see Irvin Charles again.

But, as you said, ... never know.

Comment

I don't think your D Coordinator ever wants to see Irvin Charles again.

But, as you said, ... never know.

SRU D has been far better than I thought theyd be. The first half vs IUP played well, 2nd half, yuck. No different than the last 3 meetings, we'll see if they can handle back 2 back tough opponents.

Comment

SRU D has been far better than I thought theyd be. The first half vs IUP played well, 2nd half, yuck. No different than the last 3 meetings, we'll see if they can handle back 2 back tough opponents.
              I'm pretty interested to see the SRU/Cal game.

SRU is obviously far superior to Mercyhurst. Chalk that one up to a hangover.

The major issue I see is Cal blitzes all day long -- from all over the place. I don't mean like a DE rushing ... they go gang busters. They risk a lot doing that and IUP made them pay several times. But they create major havoc. Koester is going to be under some heavy fire. In my opinion the key to that game will be how he handles it. If he can deal with it, he'll find those WRs open a lot. But, he's going to take some shots. I didn't love the way he reacted to getting hit a lot in the IUP game. Cal is going to hit him more than IUP did. It will be interesting how Lutz schemes for their constant blitz packages.

Comment

I'm pretty interested to see the SRU/Cal game.

SRU is obviously far superior to Mercyhurst. Chalk that one up to a hangover.

The major issue I see is Cal blitzes all day long -- from all over the place. I don't mean like a DE rushing ... they go gang busters. They risk a lot doing that and IUP made them pay several times. But they create major havoc. Koester is going to be under some heavy fire. In my opinion the key to that game will be how he handles it. If he can deal with it, he'll find those WRs open a lot. But, he's going to take some shots. I didn't love the way he reacted to getting hit a lot in the IUP game. Cal is going to hit him more than IUP did. It will be interesting how Lutz schemes for their constant blitz packages.
                turnovers and a D TD against as well as a big KO return to start game.

Did anybody notice, that the QB that led the game winning FG drive, was not the starter??

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

turnovers and a D TD against as well as a big KO return to start game.

Did anybody notice, that the QB that led the game winning FG drive, was not the starter??
                  I doubt anybody not wearing green was tuning in to that game.

Is there now a QB controversy at SRU?

Comment

Comment

I think if either TIffin or ODU win out and they will be in top 9.

Comment

Rock's schedule should most likely end as scheduled with Gannon-Cal-Shepherd who right now have a .782 win %. That will help their SOS, but they'll probably have to win out to make it without help. IUP's OWP will take a hit by playing Edinboro this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Rock's schedule should most likely end as scheduled with Gannon-Cal-Shepherd who right now have a .782 win %. That will help their SOS, but they'll probably have to win out to make it without help. IUP's OWP will take a hit by playing Edinboro this weekend.
                          Yes sir, I am saying there SOS as of right now is terrible. They have played one good team. (IUP)

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                            I think if either TIffin or ODU win out and they will be in top 9.
                            It depends. Tiffin's season opener was a victory over NAIA team Marian. If they win out I doubt the will make it to the 9th seed.
                            Last edited by ShoNuff; 10-26-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

It depends. Tiffin's season opener was a victory over NAIA team Marian. If they win out I doubt the will make it to the 9th seed.
                              Objectively speaking, beating NAIA Marian counts the same as if they beat FCS James Madison. A non-D2 win is a non-D2 win.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                                Ship has to win out and hope for help to get in and at best we would be a #7 seed. If we do win out and finish 9-2 without making the playoffs I'd still consider it a success seeing as though we hired a new OC a month and half before summer camp opened up. Plus we would be returning most of the offense
                                Fine to return some offense, but for the long-term Ship needs to shore up its defense, which hasn't been getting the job done against top PSAC teams in recent seasons.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X