Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

The second NE-10 team is New Haven who was 6th and beat Bentley today. So, that will likely make Bentley the second NE-10 team.
    With where the teams were positioned, SHIP or CAL becomes the odd PSAC team out. CAL has one fewer game, SHIP has one more lose. CAL finishes with 4-6 BLOOM, SHIP finishes with 4-6 HURST. Unless whatever mystique has blinded folks judging CAL, to date, continues, next week will be it for '21-'22 VULCANS FB. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

With where the teams were positioned, SHIP or CAL becomes the odd PSAC team out. CAL has one fewer game, SHIP has one more lose. CAL finishes with 4-6 BLOOM, SHIP finishes with 4-6 HURST. Unless whatever mystique has blinded folks judging CAL, to date, continues, next week will be it for '21-'22 VULCANS FB. Time will tell.
      I am kind of wondering that as well. Will a 9-1 Cal team be left out? That is a tough one, but it looks possible. I think Cal may end up a victim of scheduling and Earned Access.

Comment

I am kind of wondering that as well. Will a 9-1 Cal team be left out? That is a tough one, but it looks possible. I think Cal may end up a victim of scheduling and Earned Access.
        Answering a question for Nick-Shep05, I peeked at '22 and'23 schedules and CAL will be lucky to win 7 games in either season. Next year besides IUP and SRU @ Adamson, the VULCANS have @KUTZ Wk2 and @SHEP Wk 3. In '23 it all reverses but in any event those are 4 very tough games. If not this year, the PO may be '24 at the earliest.

Comment

Don't be so discouraged because New Haven is playing an 0-9 Franklin Pierce this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Don't be so discouraged because New Haven is playing an 0-9 Franklin Pierce this coming weekend.
            The CHARGERS and VULCANS will be passing in opposite directions on Monday. As indicated, my realistic evaluation of my team is based on how they play not how very much I want them to win. Compared with the last CAL U team of note, 2016, this is not anything close to the same. Almost the same passing yds but 781 yds rushing in '21 vs 2381 in '16. Defense giving up the same PPG but offense scoring 15 PPG less. And honestly one of the weakest schedules in recent memory. All in all an average to a few ticks above average team, IMO.

Comment

The CHARGERS and VULCANS will be passing in opposite directions on Monday. As indicated, my realistic evaluation of my team is based on how they play not how very much I want them to win. Compared with the last CAL U team of note, 2016, this is not anything close to the same. Almost the same passing yds but 781 yds rushing in '21 vs 2381 in '16. Defense giving up the same PPG but offense scoring 15 PPG less. And honestly one of the weakest schedules in recent memory.

All in all an average to a few ticks above average team, IMO.
              A lot people were saying the same thing about THE ROCK after the iup game.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                A lot people were saying the same thing about THE ROCK after the iup game.
                Given the circumstances of the season after a year away, most teams at all levels seem out of synch and vulnerable. It will give some above average team that once in a lifetime chance to run the table, but probably not.
                From here on out I'll be pulling for whichever PSAC/SR1 team is left standing.

Comment

Bentley doesn't have a gimme with Assumption. A loss there would almost assuredly knock them out. I am curious will Ship will land this week as well. This weekend may have hurt their hopes, but I will see how the rankings look on Monday.

Comment

KUTZ
                    SHEP
                    NDC
                    SRU
                    UNH
                    Bentley
                    CAL

thats my prediction. I wouldnt switch the 7.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post
                      KUTZ
                      SHEP
                      NDC
                      SRU
                      UNH
                      Bentley
                      CAL

thats my prediction. I wouldnt switch the 7.
                      That 7th spot might as well be 8th, though. Tiffin or Findlay will get in via Earned Access.

Comment

That 7th spot might as well be 8th, though. Tiffin or Findlay will get in via Earned Access.
                        Right. Winner of Tiffin Findlay likely gets in... however i think its odd to put a 3 loss Findlay team in over 1 loss teams or a 2 loss psac runner up. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

Right. Winner of Tiffin Findlay likely gets in... however i think its odd to put a 3 loss Findlay team in over 1 loss teams or a 2 loss psac runner up. Thoughts?
                          It may be odd, but look at how the rankings currently sit. That is exactly what will happen unless Assumption defeats Bentley.

Comment

It may be odd, but look at how the rankings currently sit. That is exactly what will happen unless Assumption defeats Bentley.
                            Yep. Looks like somebody will get bumped.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yep. Looks like somebody will get bumped.
                              I just don't see a way around it. It would be crazy to think that the PSAC title game loser could fall all the way out or that Cal could miss out entirely, but there isn't really any places to pick up another quality win, unless you are in that title game or Bentley beats a decent Assumption team. Hell, I could still potentially see Shepherd getting the top seed if SRU wins. I am not saying that they will, but that is a full possibility. There is a log jam of 1-loss teams, and the GMAC is almost definitely getting in via Earned Access. I honestly hope that they don't, but that is the way the current rankings look. A lot of us will be nervous next Sunday when the selections are announced. It's been a wild year in the region. Just think how crazy it would be if Frostburg was eligible.

Comment

I just don't see a way around it. It would be crazy to think that the PSAC title game loser could fall all the way out or that Cal could miss out entirely, but there isn't really any places to pick up another quality win, unless you are in that title game or Bentley beats a decent Assumption team. Hell, I could still potentially see Shepherd getting the top seed if SRU wins. I am not saying that they will, but that is a full possibility. There is a log jam of 1-loss teams, and the GMAC is almost definitely getting in via Earned Access. I honestly hope that they don't, but that is the way the current rankings look. A lot of us will be nervous next Sunday when the selections are announced. It's been a wild year in the region. Just think how crazy it would be if Frostburg was eligible.
                                Cal is in a very dangerous spot. One less game and now another anchor coming this weekend. They've played two tough games all year and split them. Of all the one-loss teams, the Vulcans have the worst resume (as of today, anyway). The dreaded earned access could end their season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X