Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Cal is in a very dangerous spot. One less game and now another anchor coming this weekend. They've played two tough games all year and split them. Of all the one-loss teams, the Vulcans have the worst resume (as of today, anyway). The dreaded earned access could end their season.
    Yep! And it is a spot that any team could find itself in the PSAC. I don't really think no playing Clarion hurts, but they got screwed in the crossover SOS. And that is just the crappy luck of the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Cal is in a very dangerous spot. One less game and now another anchor coming this weekend. They've played two tough games all year and split them. Of all the one-loss teams, the Vulcans have the worst resume (as of today, anyway). The dreaded earned access could end their season.

Comment

Comment

You say that SRU is safe, but they have exactly 1 win against a team with a winning record. Their next best win is against ESU. Honestly, I feel like they could be in danger if they lose to Kutztown. Kutztown would likely be safe with a loss, though. Their resume is pretty good.

Comment

It's hard to see how Cal makes it if Bentley beats Assumption.

I dont think the psac championship loser is out just because if Kutz loses that means youre taking Shepherd who they beat. If SRU would lose youre taking Cal over them who they beat.

So out of Cal, Bentley, and Shepherd......Cal easily has the weakest SOS.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
              It's hard to see how Cal makes it if Bentley beats Assumption.

I dont think the psac championship loser is out just because if Kutz loses that means youre taking Shepherd who they beat. If SRU would lose youre taking Cal over them who they beat.

So out of Cal, Bentley, and Shepherd......Cal easily has the weakest SOS.
              Look at any of the top teams in the region. Other than the PSAC title game or the Bentley-Assumption game, no one else is getting an SOS boost. The biggest problems with both SRU and Cal are that they have exactly 1 win against opponents currently with winning records, although an ESU win would give Slippery Rock a second such win. I agree though that Cal appears to be in the most precious position.

Comment

I believe I've been saying much of that, except I forgot EA.

Comment

Cal's SOS is so far behind the others that even with Shepherd playing Clarion it doesnt make a difference. And really it comes down to the few teams... Bentley, Cal, and Shepherd.
                  IN:
                  New Haven
                  Notre Dame
                  SRU
                  KUTZ
                  TIFFIN / FINDLAY winner

2 spots for the 3 teams left
                  Bentley - only one of the 3 to potentially lose this weekend. (unless Cal plays like IUP and SRU did after losing)
                  Shepherd
                  Cal - by far the worst SOS out of these 3

that being said if theyre taking 7 teams ..the playoffs might as well just be 8. The region is basically 5 conferences with PSAC being 2 since east/west dont play everyone in the other. All conferences that dont play each other much at all to figure who's the best to have 1 team get a bye doesnt make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                    Cal's SOS is so far behind the others that even with Shepherd playing Clarion it doesnt make a difference. And really it comes down to the few teams... Bentley, Cal, and Shepherd.
                    IN:
                    New Haven
                    Notre Dame
                    SRU
                    KUTZ
                    TIFFIN / FINDLAY winner

2 spots for the 3 teams left
                    Bentley - only one of the 3 to potentially lose this weekend. (unless Cal plays like IUP and SRU did after losing)
                    Shepherd
                    Cal - by far the worst SOS out of these 3

that being said if theyre taking 7 teams ..the playoffs might as well just be 8. The region is basically 5 conferences with PSAC being 2 since east/west dont play everyone in the other. All conferences that dont play each other much at all to figure who's the best to have 1 team get a bye doesnt make sense to me.
                    I honestly feel like Shepherd has a much better resume than SRU at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I honestly feel like Shepherd has a much better resume than SRU at this point.
                      Shepherd is really in the "IN" group. The last spot is really probably between Bentley and Cal. And most likely Bentley's if they win.

Comment

You say that SRU is safe, but they have exactly 1 win against a team with a winning record. Their next best win is against ESU. Honestly, I feel like they could be in danger if they lose to Kutztown. Kutztown would likely be safe with a loss, though. Their resume is pretty good.
                        Last edited by IUPNation; 11-07-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I get that, but if they lose to Kutztown, I feel like they would have two losses and exactly one good win.

Comment

I get that, but if they lose to Kutztown, I feel like they would have two losses and exactly one good win.

Comment

Right, plus they will have head to head win over Cal, and with KU, a better SOS than Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Right, plus they will have head to head win over Cal, and with KU, a better SOS than Cal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X