Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I'm with you there. Notre Dame's AA rb McLaughlin I would say did it a bit better and went to Youngstown State with 2 years left of eligibility. If you have 1 year left and have a made a name for yourself, just keep it rolling. I think you have the same shot at the next level as you would being a role guy/bench player at a higher program.
    I don't know they all think next level. Some just want the experience of the 'big time' at a big school, etc.

They get to leave the bush leagues behind. But, I see your point, too.

Granted, Ball State and YSU are by no means the big time.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
      Sucks Shippensburg won't rise any higher than 8 and more than likely with their next 2 opponents being Lock Haven and Mercyhurst they'll drop down to probably 10 and finish the season 9-2.
      Being No. 7 wouldn't help if the current standings held up. If playoff teams were picked this week, Tiffin would bump Slippery Rock out of the playoff under the NCAA policy of earned access. Under that policy in Division II, a conference earns access to the playoffs if its highest-ranked team is in the top 9 on selection day. Tiffin, the highest-ranked GMAC team, is currently ninth and would gain access to the payoff if the present standings held up. Obviously, the Cal-Slippery Rock game has the potential to jostle this around. The Rock is likely out with a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Being No. 7 wouldn't help if the current standings held up. If playoff teams were picked this week, Tiffin would bump Slippery Rock out of the playoff under the NCAA policy of earned access. Under that policy in Division II, a conference earns access to the playoffs if its highest-ranked team is in the top 9 on selection day. Tiffin, the highest-ranked GMAC team, is currently ninth and would gain access to the payoff if the present standings held up. Obviously, the Cal-Slippery Rock game has the potential to jostle this around. The Rock is likely out with a loss.
        Bentley beating New Haven would also give Shippensburg a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Bentley beating New Haven would also give Shippensburg a chance.
          Depends on how everything sorts out. I have mixed feelings about a Ship team that was manhandled by Shepherd and Kutztown making the playoffs, but it certainly would be a nice reward for the players and coaches if it were to happen.

Comment

Ship needs ESU and WVSU to finish with winning records to have a shot. Without them, they'd have only 1 win over a team over .500 (West Chester), which when combined with two losses, probably isn't going to work. ESU needs to beat either Shepherd (fat chance) or Gannon (decent shot), and WVSU needs to beat either West Liberty (decent shot) or Charleston (good luck). If Ship can get those three wins, and some teams lose around them, I could see them sneaking into the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
              Ship needs ESU and WVSU to finish with winning records to have a shot. Without them, they'd have only 1 win over a team over .500 (West Chester), which when combined with two losses, probably isn't going to work. ESU needs to beat either Shepherd (fat chance) or Gannon (decent shot), and WVSU needs to beat either West Liberty (decent shot) or Charleston (good luck). If Ship can get those three wins, and some teams lose around them, I could see them sneaking into the playoffs.
              Don't forget the likely earned access from the GMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Don't forget the likely earned access from the GMAC.
                That's why Bentley beating New Haven would be a big deal. It would put them in a fight with Ship for that last playoff spot. I also feel like they need SRU to lose twice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't know they all think next level. Some just want the experience of the 'big time' at a big school, etc.

They get to leave the bush leagues behind. But, I see your point, too.

Granted, Ball State and YSU are by no means the big time.
                  In 10 years when they are telling the stories about their big time college football careers, that year at D1 YSU will be the equivalent to four seasons as an All-American at Ohio State!

Comment

Likely or certain records after 11/06 games...

#1__BENTLEY 8-1.
                    #2__KUTZ 9-1.
                    #3__ SHEP 9-1.
                    #4__CAL 8-1.
                    #5__NDC 9-1.
                    #6__UNH 8-1.
                    #7__SRU 9-1.
                    #8__SHIP 8-2.
                    #9__TIFF 8-2
                    #10_FIND 7-3.

Lots to figure out with 7 one loss teams. Personally my VULCANS will only drop to #6....if they're lucky. If not could be #8

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                      Likely or certain records after 11/06 games...

#1__BENTLEY 8-1.
                      #2__KUTZ 9-1.
                      #3__ SHEP 9-1.
                      #4__CAL 8-1.
                      #5__NDC 9-1.
                      #6__UNH 8-1.
                      #7__SRU 9-1.
                      #8__SHIP 8-2.
                      #9__TIFF 8-2
                      #10_FIND 7-3.

Lots to figure out with 7 one loss teams. Personally my VULCANS will only drop to #6....if they're lucky. If not could be #8
                      NDC, New Haven and one of the GMAC teams are locks. That means Bentley, Kutztown, Shepherd, Cal and SRU are fighting for the last four playoff spots. I don't see Bentley falling out of it from the top spot. Who is left out?

Comment

NDC, New Haven and one of the GMAC teams are locks. That means Bentley, Kutztown, Shepherd, Cal and SRU are fighting for the last four playoff spots. I don't see Bentley falling out of it from the top spot. Who is left out?
                        I think Kutztown is the most likely of that group to end up with 2 losses and might end up out.

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post

I think Kutztown is the most likely of that group to end up with 2 losses and might end up out.

Comment

Probably..but I'm only 50/50 that GMAC is a lock if FINDLAY beats TIFFIN next week. Do they vault from #10 to #7? The more I think about, the more I think I'll be watching VULCANS MBB & WBB next weekend...:(

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Probably..but I'm only 50/50 that GMAC is a lock if FINDLAY beats TIFFIN next week. Do they vault from #10 to #7? The more I think about, the more I think I'll be watching VULCANS MBB & WBB next weekend...:(
                              One of the GMAC teams only has to finish 9th to get in.

Comment

The second NE-10 team is New Haven who was 6th and beat Bentley today. So, that will likely make Bentley the second NE-10 team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X