(4) UNH. 8-1.
    (5)BENT. 8-1.
    (6) SRU. 9-1.
    (7) CAL. 8-1.
    (8) SHIP. 7-2.
    (9) TIFF. 7-2.
    (10)FIND 7-3.

?????

SR1 workbook is at the bottom: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings
    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 11-08-2021, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Well there seems to be a path for Ship a very slim path but none the less a path. If SRU loses to KU, they'd drop to 9-2, maybe down to 8, Ship needs Bentley to lose this week as well as Cal to lose to Bloomsburg. Then we would slip up to #6 and Tiffin would earn EA over the #7 seed. I don't see that happening so we will finish 9-2 and our season is done. Fortunately we return a great nucleus on offense and defense and the best kicker in the league so if we don't lose players to the portal or academics we should be a contender next season with Shepherd in the East.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
        Well there seems to be a path for Ship a very slim path but none the less a path. If SRU loses to KU, they'd drop to 9-2, maybe down to 8, Ship needs Bentley to lose this week as well as Cal to lose to Bloomsburg. Then we would slip up to #6 and Tiffin would earn EA over the #7 seed. I don't see that happening so we will finish 9-2 and our season is done. Fortunately we return a great nucleus on offense and defense and the best kicker in the league so if we don't lose players to the portal or academics we should be a contender next season with Shepherd in the East.
        As much as my opinion of CAL is clearly that they are overrated in these polls, do not even dream that they'll lose to the Huskies because that is definitely not happening !! Enjoy the nice season you had and move on to the basketball Conference Challenge in Virginia.

Comment

Ummmmmm, Bentley anh New Haven part 2?

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
            They'll likely shuffle it around to avoid rematches in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
              I expect someone will be moved to avoid that in the first round.

Comment

Plus even if that scenario happens it's not a human poll....meaning if you lose it doesnt automatically mean you fall down and someone moves ahead of you. That could all happen and Shipp might not move at all. Although, hard to think anyone has a worse SOS than Cal.

Comment

This pretty much confirms Cal is done without a Bentley loss.

Comment

Just remember, the bubble teams are lucky that Frostburg is ineligible. They would be 4th or 5th in the rankings if eligible.

Comment

I'm fairly certain this is the first time Kutztown has ever held the #1 spot in a regional ranking.

Edit: I'm wrong, they were the top seed in 2010. My mistake.
                      Last edited by KU_2014; 11-08-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KU_2014 View Post
                        I'm fairly certain this is the first time Kutztown has ever held the #1 spot in a regional ranking.
                        Kutztown was the top seed in the 2010 playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Kutztown was the top seed in the 2010 playoffs.
                          I missed that. I always seem to forget that the 2010 team was really good too, despite not making the conference championship game. It's the 2011 team I have the memories of with that tough loss up at New Haven in the playoffs.

Thank you for the correction (apologies on making myself look like an idiot). Shepherd has a chance to repeat that feat - getting the #1 seed without playing in the conference championship.

Comment

Cal - and for that matter, Ship - would have to finish #6 or higher to really be considered safe for the playoffs. Presuming no other changes, should Tiffin or Findlay end up ranked ninth or better, then the #7 seed - in this case, Cal - gets bumped due to Earned Access. Having the rest of the PSAC West stink out loud (nobody other than SRU and the "spares Big Three" - Cal and IUP - will finish over .500), plus having crossovers vs. 2-8 Millersville and 1-9 Lock Haven on top of a 4-6 Fairmont State is doing more damage to Cal's playoff chances than their debacle of a loss to SRU.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

As much as my opinion of CAL is clearly that they are overrated in these polls, do not even dream that they'll lose to the Huskies because that is definitely not happening !! Enjoy the nice season you had and move on to the basketball Conference Challenge in Virginia.
                              He literally said "I don't see that happening."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X