Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Quick take from Saturday's media day scrimmage. Bagent was on point making quick decisions and firing strikes to his receivers. R. Beach did not dress for the scrimmage but did not appear too beat up. Marlon Cook seemed to have great chemistry with Bagent. Christian Etchinson appears to be back in the QB2 role. It's a much different offense with him in the backfield. The revamped offensive line looked decent in the pass protection but will still need to work on run blocking. Of course, running behind Joey Fisher never hurts. Ronnie Brown appears to be the RB1 with an absolutely loaded stable of guys behind him. The offense with Bagent at the helm won't skip a beat this year.
    Special teams gets a huge upgrade with the addition of NDC long snapper. Everything looked so much crisper on all kicks. The punting looked much improved as well. I look for special teams to be better than last year which definitely wasn't a strength.
    Finally we get to the rebuilt defense which is going to be a work in progress. It's a very young defense. Like years past, they are speedy but undersized up front. The linebackers and DT'S are the area of concern just because of their lack of experience. They'll get better as they get experience. The secondary could be vastly improved and the addition of D1 transfer McDowell at safety will make a huge difference in pass coverage downfield. My overall take is this team's games will resemble last year's team until the defense finds its footing.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    It's as juco as a juco can be.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior college team from Ohio sitting w us and they were scheduled to play Lackawanna on Sunday. Not too surprising that they were impressed w the game day experience. They said they played about 6 games and most move on to a 4 year school w some looking at Findlay...GO Rams!

Pretty sure Lackawanna is a Juco.

Leave a comment:

• Rambaseball
    replied
    I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior I see a few transfers from Lackawanna College, not the first time I have seen transfers from there. I see where the college is in Scranton, PA, I think they are NAIA. Anyone know anything about that school?

I forget which game game are, but there was a junior college team from Ohio sitting w us and they were scheduled to play Lackawanna on Sunday. Not too surprising that they were impressed w the game day experience. They said they played about 6 games and most move on to a 4 year school w some looking at Findlay...GO Rams!

Leave a comment:

• nova2wv
    replied
    Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

FWIW, he's coached the past 13 seasons under the same HC, Danny Rocco. He was with Rocco at Delaware, Richmond and Liberty all the way back to the 2009 season.
    Thanks for sharing! That says a lot if a HC is bringing him along each time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
    Lackawanna is a football factory. Many D1 schools recruit there yearly.

I think they may also have some academics there. Not sure.

Leave a comment:

• wvftballfan
    replied
    "Regarding the future, don't sleep on Lek Powell at QB. He's a coach's son, and he had a very, very efficient two years running a high-level, pro-style offense at Harrisburg's Bishop McDevitt. High completion rate."

I heard that Sammy Roberts QB from Jefferson High (WV) also committed to Shepherd as well. I don't see him on the current roster. Maybe he was redshirted.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by ShepFan1 View Post
    Noooooooooo. Not NAIA at all. Strictly a JC. Often used as a prep year if a student-athlete doesn't qualify for NCAA action.

Leave a comment:

• ShepFan1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pine Ridge
    replied
    The roster was updated this week with some of the Freshman and a few transfers.

Leave a comment:

• Pine Ridge
    replied
    Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

He has 'a lot' of experience but I really hope he's here for the long haul and this isn't a stepping stone or temporary stop until his next gig - In the business world, his resume would be one I'd shy away from with so many 1-2 year stops.
    FWIW, he's coached the past 13 seasons under the same HC, Danny Rocco. He was with Rocco at Delaware, Richmond and Liberty all the way back to the 2009 season.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Coach McCook and Coach Belin worked together on the 2009 Liberty Staff. This hire might be short lived but McCook knows what he brings to the table.
    Also, this is a DL coaching position in D2. This isn't the type of job that you stay with forever.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

He has 'a lot' of experience but I really hope he's here for the long haul and this isn't a stepping stone or temporary stop until his next gig - In the business world, his resume would be one I'd shy away from with so many 1-2 year stops.
    Coach McCook and Coach Belin worked together on the 2009 Liberty Staff. This hire might be short lived but McCook knows what he brings to the table.

Leave a comment:

• nova2wv
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Shepherd got a new DL coach in to replace Ramal who went to Morgan State. Looks like he's got some great experience.

https://shepherdrams.com/news/2022/7...ine-coach.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

A Mike Franklin type would really benefit our defense tremendously.
    So truthful! The whole backend of the defense is predicated on having size at DT that makes opposing RB'S run east west.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X