Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine Ridge
    replied
    Bagent has been invited to the NFL combine. With 3 post season all-star games and the combine, he'll get plenty of looks.
    Last edited by Pine Ridge; 01-01-2023, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Some offers I've seen out in Twitter land for the Rams:

Joshawn Lewis WR Fairmont State 2 years of eligibility left- 30 catches 362 yds 3 tds this season.
    Jaydyn Johnson S/LB Marshall University 6'2" 205 lbs, 2 years of eligibility left. Gannon and Norfolk State have also offered from what I can see on Twitter.
    Javian Bellamy WR Glenville State 6'1" 185lbs, 2 years of eligibility left- 58 catches 854 yds 9 tds for 2022 season.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Shepherd nabbed a WR from WV State in the portal. Barry Hill.
    Caught 31 balls for 590 yards last season. Had four catches for 109 against Ship.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Shepherd nabbed a WR from WV State in the portal. Barry Hill.

Leave a comment:

• nodnol
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Then once in a while a guy like John Kuhn at Ship will come along and surprise you. Kuhn, of course, had a stellar career with the Raiders, but he was a pounder rather than a particularly fast runner and I didn't think his game would play in the NFL. I underestimated his work ethic and his basic skill in football fundamentals such as blocking. He was fortunate enough to hook up with a Green Bay offense that often utilized a fullback and could use his skill set. His teammate, Brent Grimes, who also had a good NFL career, was a guy with more pure athleticism although that's not to say he didn't put in the effort as well..
    Also Jahri Evans at Bloomsburg who would have gone to Rutgers (I believe) until he got hurt his senior year in high school and now is on the list of potential NFL Hall of Fame entrants this year.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's just the old D2 stigma. Yes, RB was great here. But, there are 100 of him in D1 (who played against way better competition).
    Then once in a while a guy like John Kuhn at Ship will come along and surprise you. Kuhn, of course, had a stellar career with the Raiders, but he was a pounder rather than a particularly fast runner and I didn't think his game would play in the NFL. I underestimated his work ethic and his basic skill in football fundamentals such as blocking. He was fortunate enough to hook up with a Green Bay offense that often utilized a fullback and could use his skill set. His teammate, Brent Grimes, who also had a good NFL career, was a guy with more pure athleticism although that's not to say he didn't put in the effort as well..

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Absolutely it is. The smart money would be that none of those 3 gets drafted. I'm still a bit shocked that about 6-8 years ago when Shepherd DE Howard Jones was going through the draft process that he ended up not getting picked at all. He got an invite to the NFL combine and completely tore it up as a DE, and still not drafted. He did have a nice short career with a few highlights, maybe 4-5 seasons.
    It's just the old D2 stigma. Yes, RB was great here. But, there are 100 of him in D1 (who played against way better competition).

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

Making the NFL jump is very freakin' hard. We had a Harlon Hill winner in Zulli a few years back, certainly as good a QB as we've ever had at Ship, and I don't think he got much NFL traction.
    Absolutely it is. The smart money would be that none of those 3 gets drafted. I'm still a bit shocked that about 6-8 years ago when Shepherd DE Howard Jones was going through the draft process that he ended up not getting picked at all. He got an invite to the NFL combine and completely tore it up as a DE, and still not drafted. He did have a nice short career with a few highlights, maybe 4-5 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Bagent was going to have to nail the senior bowl anyway. It's been 25 years or so since a D2 kid was drafted at QB. Those 2 games I'm not sure many qb's could have had much success with the way the pass rush got on him quickly.

Ronnie Brown from what I've read and heard is gone. I do not think he's got any intention of coming back. From reading between the lines on other social media, it sounds as if an agent is involved.

Joey Fisher is the one that I think may ultimately have the best chance at getting drafted. He's huge and he's going to test well being a very good big athlete. Josh Buchanan, who does the rankings on these message boards for all the smaller schools and on twitter thinks quite highly of him. Has even touted that if he does well he may get a late invite to the Senior bowl as well. Will most likely kick inside to guard at the next level.
    Making the NFL jump is very freakin' hard. We had a Harlon Hill winner in Zulli a few years back, certainly as good a QB as we've ever had at Ship, and I don't think he got much NFL traction.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Bagent was going to have to nail the senior bowl anyway. It's been 25 years or so since a D2 kid was drafted at QB. Those 2 games I'm not sure many qb's could have had much success with the way the pass rush got on him quickly.

Ronnie Brown from what I've read and heard is gone. I do not think he's got any intention of coming back. From reading between the lines on other social media, it sounds as if an agent is involved.

Joey Fisher is the one that I think may ultimately have the best chance at getting drafted. He's huge and he's going to test well being a very good big athlete. Josh Buchanan, who does the rankings on these message boards for all the smaller schools and on twitter thinks quite highly of him. Has even touted that if he does well he may get a late invite to the Senior bowl as well. Will most likely kick inside to guard at the next level.
    Any word on WR Ryan Beach? Will he be back? Someone during the playoffs hinted that he might be done with football. I hope it is not another Brandon Hlavach situation.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Just declaring doesn't finish his NCAA lifespan. If you declare but don't hire an agent (and your projected stock is bad) you can return (prior to a set date before the draft). If you hire an agent, that's it.

Unless there's more to the Ronnie Brown story, I'd be shocked if he actually goes through with this early departure. If I was betting, he'll pull out and enter the transfer portal. He'd get D1 interest ... how high up the D1 ladder is unclear.

Bagent is also an interesting one regarding the draft. He's going to have to nail it at the Senior Bowl (workout week). His two games against perceived high-end competition weren't pretty.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

If an ncaa student athlete declares for the NFL draft, he is finished with collegiate sports whether he is drafted or not.
    Just declaring doesn't finish his NCAA lifespan. If you declare but don't hire an agent (and your projected stock is bad) you can return (prior to a set date before the draft). If you hire an agent, that's it.

Unless there's more to the Ronnie Brown story, I'd be shocked if he actually goes through with this early departure. If I was betting, he'll pull out and enter the transfer portal. He'd get D1 interest ... how high up the D1 ladder is unclear.

Bagent is also an interesting one regarding the draft. He's going to have to nail it at the Senior Bowl (workout week). His two games against perceived high-end competition weren't pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Ship's offense is bad. The scheme / tempo etc does not remotely resemble the offense under Yurcich or Morgan. Different scheme and far more conservative.
    Which is probably why they've hired another guy. In fairness they had a very inexperienced o-line, three freshmen QBs (two of whom got injured), and little depth in the RB room this season. Not a great recipe for a stellar offense. We certainly have missed the Air Raid-style option offenses of Zulli and Zapoticky the past few years.

Leave a comment:

• Boro33
    replied

As I posted elsewhere, Ship just hired the former OC at Lehigh. They've also been working through multiple coordinators the past few years. Obviously replacing Mike Yurcich, who went from Ship to Oklahoma State, Texas, and now Penn State, has not been a walk in the park for Coach Mac. Losing a good recruiter and assistant in J.C. Morgan, now head coach at Millersville, didn't help, either.
    Ship's offense is bad. The scheme / tempo etc does not remotely resemble the offense under Yurcich or Morgan. Different scheme and far more conservative.

Leave a comment:

• Boro33
    replied

Agreed, but wouldn't it have to be as a grad transfer? I don't think he's graduated or about to graduate so it may be turn pro or another year of D2 ball.
    If an ncaa student athlete declares for the NFL draft, he is finished with collegiate sports whether he is drafted or not.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X