Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Preseason polls are like throwing darts in a dark room.
    Sounds like fun, as long as you're the one throwing. Much more exciting than cornhole which was on ESPN 2 earlier.
    Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      One year not too long ago Edinboro was ranked #6 in one of these magazine polls. They didn't even make the playoffs. Meaningless.
      Yes indeed they just go by last years playoff participants. Kutz and Rock ahead of IUP . I saw IUP beat both pretty convincingly. Kutz made a miraculous comeback late but was down 10 with 4 minutes left and IUP beat them with backup QB. SRU game was a no doubter.

Comment

Year West Florida bear IUP in semi they were unranked in preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Year West Florida bear IUP in semi they were unranked in preseason.

Comment

Comment

Yes indeed they just go by last years playoff participants. Kutz and Rock ahead of IUP . I saw IUP beat both pretty convincingly. Kutz made a miraculous comeback late but was down 10 with 4 minutes left and IUP beat them with backup QB. SRU game was a no doubter.
              Kutztown also had their backup QB playing. Except he threw 3 int. One at the IUP 10. One at the IUP 35. And the last that was returned for a TD.

Kutztown also was winning 13-7 after 3 qtrs. And 19-14 in the 4th qtr. Until IUP scored a td with 8 min left in 4th qtr to take the lead for good KUTZ had the lead or was tied all but about 2.5 min the whole game.

KUTZ also had 479 yds to 298 for IUP. KUTZ also had 6.7 yds per carry.

Not sure about winning convincingly or KUTZ making a miraculous comeback.

Comment

TEAM STATISTICS
                470 298
                291 204
                179 94
                7-70 6-66
                22 15
                3-9 2-9
                2-3 3-3
                26:58 33:02

06:02 - KUTZ - Davis,Jordan 11 yd run (Krcic,Dean kick), 5 plays, 86 yards, TOP 2:52
                7 0

11:34 - IUP - Charles,Irvin 3 yd pass from Davis,Javon (Luther,Tyler kick) 15 plays, 75 yards, TOP 9:28
                7 7

05:10 - KUTZ - Nelson,Jeremiah 5 yd pass from Blaine,Donny (Krcic,Dean kick blocked) 10 plays, 80 yards, TOP 4:44
                13 7

14:57 - IUP - Stewart,Dayjure 3 yd run (Luther,Tyler kick), 11 plays, 73 yards, TOP 5:07
                13 14

12:28 - KUTZ - Kapp,Jerome 49 yd pass from Blaine,Donny (Blaine,Donny rush failed) 4 plays, 69 yards, TOP 2:24
                19 14

08:09 - IUP - Brown,Duane 3 yd pass from Davis,Javon (Brown,Duane pass) 7 plays, 75 yards, TOP 4:19
                19 22

06:30 - IUP - Mitchell,Raunya 26 yd interception (Luther,Tyler kick)
                19 29

03:45 - KUTZ - Kapp,Jerome 22 yd pass from Nickel,Eric (Krcic,Dean kick) 10 plays, 78 yards, TOP 2:39
                26 29
                I also believe Kutztown had 2 red zone interceptions one that was actually in and out of the receivers hands in the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Kutztown also had their backup QB playing. Except he threw 3 int. One at the IUP 10. One at the IUP 35. And the last that was returned for a TD.

Kutztown also was winning 13-7 after 3 qtrs. And 19-14 in the 4th qtr. Until IUP scored a td with 8 min left in 4th qtr to take the lead for good KUTZ had the lead or was tied all but about 2.5 min the whole game.

KUTZ also had 479 yds to 298 for IUP. KUTZ also had 6.7 yds per carry.

Not sure about winning convincingly or KUTZ making a miraculous comeback.

That was one of the more exciting games of the season to watch. I can't remember exactly but both KU QBs played. If I remember correctly, Nickel started but got knocked out of the game for a long stint. He did come back in the second half.

IUP had several players absent in that game -- failed Covid tests (starting QB), suspensions (starting All-American CB) and also injuries.

As mentioned in the other post, KU tossed three picks. They were running at will -- especially early -- and I remember questioning their play-calling a bit regarding their election to pass. Of course, IUP had essentially an all-freshman secondary playing their first college game that day so I'm sure the temptation was there from KU to test them out.

That was also the game Duane Brown had a TD called off for the most hideous 'taunting' call I've ever seen -- from an official 30-some yards away.

Miller Stadium -- very oddly -- was engaged that day. It was loud when Raunya Mitchell scored that 'big fella' pick six. That was probably the best crowd, cheering-wise, inside Miller in at least 10 years.

It was a tense game for all 40 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That was one of the more exciting games of the season to watch. I can't remember exactly but both KU QBs played. If I remember correctly, Nickel started but got knocked out of the game for a long stint. He did come back in the second half.

IUP had several players absent in that game -- failed Covid tests (starting QB), suspensions (starting All-American CB) and also injuries.

As mentioned in the other post, KU tossed three picks. They were running at will -- especially early -- and I remember questioning their play-calling a bit regarding their election to pass. Of course, IUP had essentially an all-freshman secondary playing their first college game that day so I'm sure the temptation was there from KU to test them out.

That was also the game Duane Brown had a TD called off for the most hideous 'taunting' call I've ever seen -- from an official 30-some yards away.

Miller Stadium -- very oddly -- was engaged that day. It was loud when Raunya Mitchell scored that 'big fella' pick six. That was probably the best crowd, cheering-wise, inside Miller in at least 10 years.

It was a tense game for all 40 minutes.
                    That's how I remember it. Was a great game that both teams could have grabbed the W.

Comment

I remember that being a very good win for IUP, but there was nothing convincing about it.

Comment

Rewatch that game. You aren't remembering it correctly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X