Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Another OT loss. Tough way to lose the lead on third and three from the Bloomsburg 19 with about 6 minutes to go in the game , Edinboro interception to the Bloom 3. In OT two pass interference calls takes Ediinboro to the 3 yard line. 11 turnovers between the 2 teams; it must have been an ugly game to watch.
    They'll have an excellent chance to pick up a win this week, especially if McCracken or Johnson are not available for Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They'll have an excellent chance to pick up a win this week, especially if McCracken or Johnson are not available for Ship.
      Bloom QB had 2 fumbles and 3 picks. Can't win w that kind of play.

Comment

Another OT loss. Tough way to lose the lead on third and three from the Bloomsburg 19 with about 6 minutes to go in the game , Edinboro interception to the Bloom 3. In OT two pass interference calls takes Ediinboro to the 3 yard line. 11 turnovers between the 2 teams; it must have been an ugly game to watch.
        11 turnovers in the game ... that's nuts! Had to be aggravating for everyone (fans, players, coaches) to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

Ship will take all the help it can get this year.

Comment

Is this Freshman QB really better than the QB from last year Lepoidevin? It was pretty rough

The OC doesnt seem very good either. I thought it was interesting passing on 3rd an 2 with a little over a minute left in the first half when it was already pretty evident they werent very good at it. Stopped the clock with just over a minute and gave Edinboro the ball back and they scored a TD.

Or in the 3rd qtr when they kicked the FG. Go 2 backs on 1st down at the 6 yd line and get 3 yds. Then vs 250 lb DT's you go spread at the 3 and pass 2x and have to kick a FG. I was amazed.

Comment

Lots of cleaning up to do to improve over last year. As Danny Hale would say there is a fine line between winning and losing. They could be 3-0 considering the OT loses. "The Huskies had the ball with 2:59 to play in regulation and after a 31-yard pass from Riley to Nas Jones (Williamsport, Pa./Williamsport Area) got Bloomsburg down to the Edinboro 6-yard line, a holding penalty brought the Huskies back to the BORO 37.' Penalties and turnovers were especially ill timed.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

Game notes have him pegged as the starter again this week. Somewhat surprising.

Comment

Bloom announcers sure are dented by Maciejewski being out on the field ... but they still can't pronounce his name ...

Comment

Ship looked like the best team Bloom played thus far. Their defensive front was good, and the QB was on fire, looking like he should have stayed at BC.

Bloom is weak on the DL and OL; injuries have hurt. I don't understand the play calling either. On the positive, the score was closer this year, if that's progress.

Comment

Ship looked like the best team Bloom played thus far. Their defensive front was good, and the QB was on fire, looking like he should have stayed at BC.

Bloom is weak on the DL and OL; injuries have hurt. I don't understand the play calling either. On the positive, the score was closer this year, if that's progress.
                      Ship is young and not real good at this point. To be frank, I expected a much closer game and perhaps even a loss if they had to play their third-string QB. Johnson playing obviously was a big help. He looked more comfortable throwing the ball Saturday, and the passing game has some potential. Running is still lagging. Best thing for both Ship and Bloom is that their young players will eventually get older. Both programs have a ways to go to contend with the big dogs in the conference. I'd love to see us get back to better competitive balance in the Eastern Division.

Comment

I read the Press Enterprise this am and Coach Sheptok praised Ship for their performance. He said they had a good game plan and knew our tendencies. If that's the case, why not change the tendencies. I'm not trying to be overly critical because the Huskies are still very young, but is Bloom incapable of in game adjustments. Based on what I read, Ship's victory was decisive. On to the next one...
                        GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                          I read the Press Enterprise this am and Coach Sheptok praised Ship for their performance. He said they had a good game plan and knew our tendencies. If that's the case, why not change the tendencies. I'm not trying to be overly critical because the Huskies are still very young, but is Bloom incapable of in game adjustments. Based on what I read, Ship's victory was decisive. On to the next one...
                          Agree. Why didn't Bloom respond as well to Ship's tendencies? Besides game planning, Bloom's talent level is not up to par. They have shown some improvement over last year thus far, but if doesn't start showing up in wins, they'll be advertising for a new coach for 2024. BTW, I don't like the offensive system at all. If it is a qb option, it looks like the decision is made before the play is ran.
                          Last edited by Bart; 09-25-2022, 03:02 PM.

Comment

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics". WCU beats Ville with 127 yards, and loses with 412 yards; dominating in time of possession and nearly every other category. Their OL and DL controlled the game. Bloom had 169 total offense, with 86 yards of that coming on the first possession in 4 plays.

Hard to understand this game. Bloom loses two competitive games in OT, but wins this one. Defense scores 2 TDs. Someone up there must of thought Bloom needed a break.

Not that it would have mattered to the offense, but Bloom lost their starting QB, RB, and best WR/PR to injuries during the game.

Comment

The points that won the game.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1576419262356684800

Comment

Nice win for Bloom. After watching them against Ship, I didn't think they'd beat West Chester, although West Chester didn't play especially well against Millersville, either. I'm confused about West Chester as they finished last year strong and were a young team. I thought they'd give Shepherd and Kutztown a run this sseason, but doesn't look as if that will be the case. Hope they just weren't underperforming against M-ville and Bloom and decide to recover against Ship this week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X