Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
    Nice win for Bloom. After watching them against Ship, I didn't think they'd beat West Chester, although West Chester didn't play especially well against Millersville, either. I'm confused about West Chester as they finished last year strong and were a young team. I thought they'd give Shepherd and Kutztown a run this sseason, but doesn't look as if that will be the case. Hope they just weren't underperforming against M-ville and Bloom and decide to recover against Ship this week.
    WCU was the better team on the field, and the stats show they didn't under perform. Their receivers did drop a handful of passes, and the turnovers hurt them; 2 led to Bloom tds, and another was fumbled into the endzone for a touchback and cost them a td. Their fr. qb played well, but they could have run the ball on Bloom all day and won the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

WCU was the better team on the field, and the stats show they didn't under perform. Their receivers did drop a handful of passes, and the turnovers hurt them; 2 led to Bloom tds, and another was fumbled into the endzone for a touchback and cost them a td. Their fr. qb played well, but they could have run the ball on Bloom all day and won the game.
      Well, I'd say dropping passes and turning the ball over in the end zone is one definition of underperforming. Unless you have clear superiority over your opponent, you're usually not going to get away with doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well, I'd say dropping passes and turning the ball over in the end zone is one definition of underperforming. Unless you have clear superiority over your opponent, you're usually not going to get away with doing that.

That is what is so confusing: WCU showed their superiority. A clear example that the best team doesn't always win.

--------------------WCU............... BLM
        Total yards---- 412 --------------169
        Pass yards-----185--------------- 92
        Rushing yards-227-------------- 77
        Penalty yards- 4-55------------ 7-51
        First downs---- 26 -------------------7
        3rd downs---- 6-17------------------ 0-11
        4th downs ----1-2----------------- 0-0
        TOP------- --36.31-----------------23.29

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

Bloom QB had 2 fumbles and 3 picks. Can't win w that kind of play.
          Ummm. The better team on the field doesn't always win the game. That's why they play them.

Comment

Any word on Riley’s injury?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
              Any word on Riley’s injury?
              Looked like a shoulder injury in the 1st quarter, and he may have left the stadium, No confirmation.

Comment

That is what is so confusing: WCU showed their superiority. A clear example that the best team doesn't always win.

Winning without converting a single 3rd or 4th down is one of the more astonishing things I’ve seen. Turnovers and returns off of them won the day but you can’t rely on that every game.

Comment

West Chester most likely has better talent than Bloom, but they're not good enough to get away with that many turnovers.

Comment

QB Riley and WR Pollard not listed for Kutz game, probably from injuries suffered in last game. QB LaPodevien and backup is Reis. WR replacements are So. and Fr.

Comment

LaPoidavin was pressed into service because of Reilys injury. While I dont think bloom will win, perhaps getting all the snaps in practice this week will result in a better performance.
                      GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
                        LaPoidavin was pressed into service because of Reilys injury. While I dont think bloom will win, perhaps getting all the snaps in practice this week will result in a better performance.
                        I was wrong, dead wrong. I had some time on my hands so I did some quick math. Bloom is 23 of 78 on 3rd down for the season. Not good. Right now we literally have no offense.
                        GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post

I was wrong, dead wrong. I had some time on my hands so I did some quick math. Bloom is 23 of 78 on 3rd down for the season. Not good. Right now we literally have no offense.
                          I guess that is why Riley was the starting QB, but he may be back in 2 weeks. WR Pollard out indefinitely. The offense took a step backwards from last year, for sure. DB Davis also out with injury, and LB Getz out for the season. The offensive problems all start with the line, not very good. The D line isn't much better.

First time they were shut out in 211 games.

Comment

No disrespect to Lock Haven, but they'll be a good team to practice against next week. Should be a win, but like many of the Shepherd posters mentioned, it won't necessarily be a satisfying one.

Quick question, was Riley's injury on his throwing shoulder?
                            GO HUSKIES!

Comment

I guess that is why Riley was the starting QB, but he may be back in 2 weeks. WR Pollard out indefinitely. The offense took a step backwards from last year, for sure. DB Davis also out with injury, and LB Getz out for the season. The offensive problems all start with the line, not very good. The D line isn't much better.

First time they were shut out in 211 games.
                              Riley isn't the answer. It's not a QB or player issue at this point. When an offense is this inept for 2 years you have to look at the system. If you watch the games it is difficult to see what we are really trying to accomplish and it's the same thing every week. I know the D has been torched at times but they are on the field for a lot of snaps because the offense cannot get 1st downs.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

Riley isn't the answer. It's not a QB or player issue at this point. When an offense is this inept for 2 years you have to look at the system. If you watch the games it is difficult to see what we are really trying to accomplish and it's the same thing every week. I know the D has been torched at times but they are on the field for a lot of snaps because the offense cannot get 1st downs.
                                I agree totally. I dislike the offensive system entirely, and have said so before. I hate the option system. Given the OL, Riley is more mobile, perhaps they need to role him out for pass plays. The whole thing needs an overhaul.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X