Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Gannon is 4-1 and the Erie media is hyping them up as if they're in second place in the Big Ten, especially going into a game against Edinboro. However...

OWP is .308 and the OWP for their wins is .200.
    Just wait till Gannon goes through the gauntlet of IUP, Rock, Cal... Their tough part of the schedule is at the end of theyear.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Gannon is 4-1 and the Erie media is hyping them up as if they're in second place in the Big Ten, especially going into a game against Edinboro. However...

OWP is .308 and the OWP for their wins is .200.
      Uncharted territory, any press is good press right? We should happy about the coverage of the league, I understand the rivalry aspect from your POV though.

Comment

Anyone looking at Gannon's early schedule could see their record was going to be good at this point. Kind of expected more dominance vs Ville and SH tho....and a loss to a no QB WC team.

Problem for them now is the QB was limping quite a bit late last week. Will he even play this week against Edinboro....esp with SRU the next game....The backup has thrown 4 passes in his career.

As for last week ..Edinboro did a good job stopping Mercyhurst's run. The QB's at hurst are a weak point for sure. I've been surprised they havent pulled the one QB before last week. Carter played the end of last year for Hurst and did ok.

A good example why you dont hire a long term assistant as a HC that's been a big part of making the Hurst program below average. Been there 10 years with very little experience elsewhere. They have about 25 seniors on the roster and they just lost to an Edinboro team with maybe no key seniors. With about 34 scholarships. Pretty ****ty.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
          Anyone looking at Gannon's early schedule could see their record was going to be good at this point. Kind of expected more dominance vs Ville and SH tho....and a loss to a no QB WC team.

Problem for them now is the QB was limping quite a bit late last week. Will he even play this week against Edinboro....esp with SRU the next game....The backup has thrown 4 passes in his career.

As for last week ..Edinboro did a good job stopping Mercyhurst's run. The QB's at hurst are a weak point for sure. I've been surprised they havent pulled the one QB before last week. Carter played the end of last year for Hurst and did ok.

A good example why you dont hire a long term assistant as a HC that's been a big part of making the Hurst program below average. Been there 10 years with very little experience elsewhere. They have about 25 seniors on the roster and they just lost to an Edinboro team with maybe no key seniors. With about 34 scholarships. Pretty ****ty.
          Correct. An average (at best) Mercyhurst team will be decimated at the conclusion of this season. That doesn't even take in to account upcoming portal departures.

That jumped off the page at me when they were down here.

Comment

The flip side for Boro prepping this week tho is the backup QB at Gannon is a very dynamic athlete. Much different prep I would think.

Wont matter if he cant complete a pass or throws 4 picks.

Comment

The flip side for Boro prepping this week tho is the backup QB at Gannon is a very dynamic athlete. Much different prep I would think.

Wont matter if he cant complete a pass or throws 4 picks.
              Correct. An average (at best) Mercyhurst team will be decimated at the conclusion of this season. That doesn't even take in to account upcoming portal departures.

As for the #LIT-AF squad ... we've seen this before. They beat who they should and then typically get bounced by the Big 3. I suspect this should be an entertaining one this week ... heated rivalry, etc. Their QB is pretty solid. If he's out, things could unravel very quickly for the Boom Squad.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As for the #LIT-AF squad ... we've seen this before. They beat who they should and then typically get bounced by the Big 3. I suspect this should be an entertaining one this week ... heated rivalry, etc. Their QB is pretty solid. If he's out, things could unravel very quickly for the Boom Squad.

It's also Homecoming at the Boro.

I imagine Nulph pulls every possible trick out. A win in front of the biggest crowd of alumni here makes the season. .....with late games with Clarion and LH.

Possibly catching Gannon with a backup QB. I think Curtis has the ability to torch the boro secondary with the Gannon WR's after pounding the ball running it. Possibly take that away now makes this game even more interesting potentially.

Comment

It's also Homecoming at the Boro.

I imagine Nulph pulls every possible trick out. A win in front of the biggest crowd of alumni here makes the season. .....with late games with Clarion and LH.

Possibly catching Gannon with a backup QB. I think Curtis has the ability to torch the boro secondary with the Gannon WR's after pounding the ball running it. Possibly take that away now makes this game even more interesting potentially.
                  Have a couple Whoop ME Downs for HC

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Have a couple Whoop ME Downs for HC
                    There's a Blue Curacao shortage in PA!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X