Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Actually, any coach will tell you it's easiest to win the conference with the most talented team also.

And harder to win the conference with the 4th most talented team.

Whos not giving credit to the coach for winning. I said an argument Raeburn could easily have won COY.

You IUP guys whining is "laughable"
    The COY conversation is ridiculous. The coaches themselves vote on it. That's really the end of the story. How can you argue with that?

Plus, I am sure that if Raeburn would have been named COY IUP fans would not have questioned his selection. Well, maybe one would.

Comment

Actually, any coach will tell you it's easiest to win the conference with the most talented team also.

And harder to win the conference with the 4th most talented team.

Whos not giving credit to the coach for winning. I said an argument Raeburn could easily have won COY.

You IUP guys whining is "laughable"
      This is exactly what you said: “But I also think Erik Raeburn should have been Coach of the Year.”

You made a statement and as far as I can see on this board, nobody agreed with you. Don’t twist what you said to lessen the bruise on your ego. Saying he could have easily won, or, an argument could be made that he should have won, is a completely different statement than “…should have been Coach of the Year.”

Despite this spat with you, I will agree that Raeburn did a really nice job. There’s no question about that. I also agree with IUPbigIndians that if it was an award for a feel good story, it should go to the HC at Clarion who won a few games with a roster that really had no business winning any. They were also competitive in others, and that’s after the 17-game losing streak. The reality is Gannon’s and Clarion’s seasons both ended on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

This is exactly what you said: “But I also think Erik Raeburn should have been Coach of the Year.”

You made a statement and as far as I can see on this board, nobody agreed with you. Don’t twist what you said to lessen the bruise on your ego. Saying he could have easily won, or, an argument could be made that he should have won, is a completely different statement than “…should have been Coach of the Year.”

Despite this spat with you, I will agree that Raeburn did a really nice job. There’s no question about that. I also agree with IUPbigIndians that if it was an award for a feel good story, it should go to the HC at Clarion who won a few games with a roster that really had no business winning any. They were also competitive in others, and that’s after the 17-game losing streak. The reality is Gannon’s and Clarion’s seasons both ended on the same day.

Why dont you check again if I wrote that statement and Ill wait for your bruised ego.

Look at names and not pictures.

Lustig won west COY at Edinboro in 2016 when Cal won the PSAC championship 49-7.

Anyway, I'm sure if Gannon beats shipp and is in the playoffs this week Raeburn would've probably got the COY. Bad finish. But good year. And good for the PSAC going forward.

Comment

Why dont you check again if I wrote that statement and Ill wait for your bruised ego.

Look at names and not pictures.

Lustig won west COY at Edinboro in 2016 when Cal won the PSAC championship 49-7.

Anyway, I'm sure if Gannon beats shipp and is in the playoffs this week Raeburn would've probably got the COY. Bad finish. But good year. And good for the PSAC going forward.

Maybe next year they can have a "Should have won the COY award."

Comment

Lots of sarcasm in that post.

But Gannon outgained SHip by about 120 yds. Should win those games.

Fumbling the punt at their own 36 was also a game changer.

I didnt understand going for it on the 50 in the 3rd qtr either. That was basically a turnover itself.

It was a classic let down spot. Coming off two huge wins. playing a 4-6 team and Looking forward to the next week.

Basically the sandwich game scenario. Perfect example of that was Liberty losing to UConn last week as 14 pt favorites.

Liberty was coming off beating Arkansas in Arkansas. Going on the road to UConn. With another P5 school coming on deck in Va Tech.

Liberty lost the game.
            All he was saying is that Shippensburg played well enough to win that game. They had the same number of first downs as Gannon, more than 35 minutes of possession, and won the turnover battle 2-0. Gannon had numerous chances to take control of the game and didn't do it. You might win a lot of games with a 120-yard edge, but not when you give up 35 points.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Maybe next year they can have a "Should have won the COY award."
              I didnt say he should have. I said he could have. I dont know why youre so butt hurt by that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

All he was saying is that Shippensburg played well enough to win that game. They had the same number of first downs as Gannon, more than 35 minutes of possession, and won the turnover battle 2-0. Gannon had numerous chances to take control of the game and didn't do it. You might win a lot of games with a 120-yard edge, but not when you give up 35 points.

I agree. I didnt mean to say Shipp didnt.

Gannon had numerous chances. Had the ball a few times in the 4th qtr with a chance to go win and didnt.

They fumbled the punt at their own 36.

They got stopped on fourth down at the 50. Then Shipp ran the ball 9 out of 10 plays and scored a td.

The turnovers plus that 4th down stop was basically another turnover. 120 yd edge is wasted with basically -3 in turnovers.

Comment

I'd say the reason Raeburn didnt deserve COY and probably why he didnt win is losing that Ship game.

But it's clear if Tort reads this board if he ever wants the IUP crowd to rally behind him. Make an account on here maybe name it RockAlum.

then subtly say things against IUP and himself then sit back and rain in the praise.

Comment

I'd say the reason Raeburn didnt deserve COY and probably why he didnt win is losing that Ship game.

But it's clear if Tort reads this board if he ever wants the IUP crowd to rally behind him. Make an account on here maybe name it RockAlum.

then subtly say things against IUP and himself then sit back and rain in the praise.
                    Not "if" ... they all read this crap.

You wouldn't believe some of the people who have sent me PMs over the years. The basketball programs are much more touchy about this board.

Comment

I didnt say he should have. I said he could have. I dont know why youre so butt hurt by that.
                      Relax. I'm not "butt hurt." In fact, this doesn't matter. Tort is the 2022 COY and his fellow coaches said so.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        Sexton is the winning QB and the MVP of the conference championship. He is the only QB who can say that.
                        IUP 2021 Season | 17 All PSAC West players | 7-3 record | No Playoffs |
                        IUP 2022 Season | 12 All PSAC West players | 9-1 record | PSAC Champs, #1 Seed in D-II Super Region 1 Playoffs |

I could care less about any snubs, I prefer the 2022 IUP team. And I am certain Sexton feels the same way.

Comment

They're saying all Edinboro fans look the same to them.

Comment

-
                            Last edited by EdinboroFB; 11-20-2022, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Gannon tweeted this out today

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Gannon tweeted this out today

Great marketing for his next (better) job. Lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X