X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: NCAA Punishes Ferris State Head Coach

Whoa:

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-...ational-champs

Petty tyrants- it’s not like one of his players gave a gun to a murderer.

Comment

As a coach I had often viewed the NCAA as mostly useless, infringing on the rights of student athletes and having no one to hold them accountable, and providing little guidance. Since then, DI football as made the NCAA a joke and they are completely unprepared to lead and level of football, even DII and DIII. Is it likely that the NCAA feelings are hurt as they are now irrelevant to the DI programs and this is what they feel the need to focus on? Does the public perception of the NCAA ever come into their punishment decisions, they don't really need a worse public perception than they already have with coaches around the country, big business, students, and potential agents. No wonder the NCAA has become outdated, irrelevant, and easily ridiculed. Kids somking a cigar after a win, grabbing a banner/sticker???? Wow, does the NCAA have private investigators checking for jock straps too?

Comment

Actions have consequences. The game is played at a high school where tobacco is prohibited. Players and coaches don't get to decide which rules to follow. They did this in 2021 and were warned not to do it again. They're lucky they didn't get a suspension the first time. This suspension is 100% warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by kodos View Post
          Actions have consequences. The game is played at a high school where tobacco is prohibited. Players and coaches don't get to decide which rules to follow. They did this in 2021 and were warned not to do it again. They're lucky they didn't get a suspension the first time. This suspension is 100% warranted.
          Eh. Then have the police write a citation to the players for using tobacco on school property, which is what would have happened if a parent or fan had done the same thing. I hope the AFCA responds to this.

Comment

What a waste of everyone’s time. This is stupid in my opinion. I don’t feel any suspension is warranted, let alone a playoff game. If the NCAA has to get their pound of flesh I guess suspend someone (players, coach?) for the first game of the year.

Comment

But being this is Texastan where nothing makes sense…could they carry a concealed weapon in the stadium and it would be okay?

The real issue was the 15k in locker room damages caused by Ferris Bueller. They trashed it previous year as well.

Last edited by IUPNation; 03-24-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                But being this is Texastan where nothing makes sense…could they carry a concealed weapon in the stadium and it would be okay?

The real issue was the 15k in locker room damages caused by Ferris Bueller. They trashed it previous year as well.
                It doesn't have to be concealed. In Texas, "real Americans" have the "freedom" to walk down the street waving a machine gun over their head.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It doesn't have to be concealed. In Texas, "real Americans" have the "freedom" to walk down the street waving a machine gun over their head.
                  That's why I posed the question to point out the ridiculousness of Texastan. Could people open carry into this stadium but tobacco is banned?

The fact that the two players smoking cigars is the bigger issue than two years in a row they caused locker room damages into the 5 figures is telling. Leaving it messy is one thing..but you have to have smashed up the place to cause 5 figures in damages.
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 03-25-2023, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Witch hunt. Waste of time.

Cigars should be the least of their worries compared to what gets smoked the rest of the week on campuses.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

That's why I posed the question to point out the ridiculousness of Texastan. Could people open carry into this stadium but tobacco is banned?
                      I don't know. Entities can exempt themselves and restrict open carry. This happens in school districts and it was school district property. It also happens at Walmart. It's almost too funny but you can't open carry at Walmart in Texas.

As for suspending the FSU HC from its next PO game, I've never seen a ruling more ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                        I don't know. Entities can exempt themselves and restrict open carry. This happens in school districts and it was school district property. It also happens at Walmart. It's almost too funny but you can't open carry at Walmart in Texas.

As for suspending the FSU HC from its next PO game, I've never seen a ruling more ridiculous.
                        That dude makes what Frank did in the 90s look like Sunday School.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                          Petty tyrants- it’s not like one of his players gave a gun to a murderer.
                          That's a pretty low bar you just set...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That dude makes what Frank did in the 90s look like Sunday School.
                            Wanna back that up, or should we just take your word?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Wanna back that up, or should we just take your word?
                              Well he never ordered a rude message to the visitors across our scoreboard.

:-)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X