Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin - Eau Claire Indoor Facility

Wisconsin - Eau Claire is a DIII school in...wait for it...Wisconsin building a $110 million indoor facility.

https://footballscoop.com/news/d-iii...llege-football

And what's even wilder is historically they've been a pretty bad football program with only 1 NCAA playoff appearance in their history I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
      And what's even wilder is historically they've been a pretty bad football program with only 1 NCAA playoff appearance in their history I believe.
      They must have turned up a sugar daddy as it's doubtful a D3 level school could fund that without a lot of help. I don't think playing D3 football is nuts, but spending that much on a facility for it is probably getting there. Sounds as if someone might have a plan to eventually move to a higher division.

Comment

Who cares what Dave Portnoy says; the guy has always been a total jagoff. Small school football can still be entertaining and a great path for those who may want to still play football who never got that big school opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They must have turned up a sugar daddy as it's doubtful a D3 level school could fund that without a lot of help. I don't think playing D3 football is nuts, but spending that much on a facility for it is probably getting there. Sounds as if someone might have a plan to eventually move to a higher division.
          I may be wrong but I don’t think these Wisconsin branch schools can move up…

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I may be wrong but I don’t think these Wisconsin branch schools can move up…
            Yes I believe Wisconsin is one of the states where the mothership controls their superiority.

Comment

Supposedly Eastern University is planning a brand new football stadium for the 2025 season. Currently they're playing their games at Valley Forge Military Academy/College which they dumped $1 million plus on a new playing surface and upgraded the fieldhouse with new weights and machines and locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yes I believe Wisconsin is one of the states where the mothership controls their superiority.
                Well if that's true this makes even less sense. Think of the scholarship pool you could develop at a small college with $110 million. I doubt most of the PSAC schools have a total endowment of $110 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Well if that's true this makes even less sense. Think of the scholarship pool you could develop at a small college with $110 million. I doubt most of the PSAC schools have a total endowment of $110 million.
                  Nobody in the PSAC has a $110 million endowment.

I have to imagine this is either more than what is being reported (such as a multipurpose facility) or is the product of some sort of sugar daddy donation. If they were closer to Green Bay I'd say its possible they're lining up for a bid to host Packers summer camp but Eau Claire is probably 3 or 4 hours from Green Bay.

Comment

Something cool I was just informed of last night D3 Eastern University will play all of their home games for 2023 and probably 2024 in Philadelphia at Franklin Field on UPenn Campus until their new stadium is complete for the 2025 season..

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                      Something cool I was just informed of last night D3 Eastern University will play all of their home games for 2023 and probably 2024 in Philadelphia at Franklin Field on UPenn Campus until their new stadium is complete for the 2025 season..
                      Cool venue, but their crowd probably will be swallowed up in that stadium. The Hershey schools and Lower Dauphin in my high school league played their home games at Hersheypark Stadium, and it was always rather bizarre to see the huge number of empty seats there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Wisconsin - Eau Claire is a DIII school in...wait for it...Wisconsin building a $110 million indoor facility.

https://footballscoop.com/news/d-iii...llege-football
                        It is ironic when considering the big fiscal picture of the UW system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/re...f5b4588a&ei=24

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X