X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They announced (I think) 5,292.

It was over 6,000 in reality
    I personally think there was over 8,000 there. Place was PACKED!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Crimson Hawk View Post

I personally think there was over 8,000 there. Place was PACKED!!
      That seems a bit high, but 6,000+ seems more realistic. Still, a great turnout with an engaged crowd. Hoping to see more of that as the season continues.

Comment

Lot to clean up (and fire the special teams coach) but that wasn't some slouch. Ashland is very tough.
        Yes...they were not playing a slouch at all. They were playing a team whose last game was on the same field and left not very happy. They were not coming to Indiana and rolling over.

I came home after the game started and saw the posts about not being able to punt again and was like...nope...I can't deal with the agita live...watching it now on the replay.

Special Teams is now being called Special Ed Teams until they get their heads out of their asses.

I mean...the first muffed punt was bizarre.

The blocked punt was mind boggling.

I'm in the second qtr now......

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
          You have to like the way IUP came back from that punt fumble and how the D held Ashland to a FG. The team showed some resolve digging out of that hole. I have to think the special teams and o-line will improve as the year progresses. At this point in time, the IUP Angry Mob still has the tool shed behind the Flemming Street Apartments on lock down, although I sensed a slight disturbance as IUP went diown 17-14.
          That was a tough task for a new OL. Ashland's D is no joke -- especially up front. They were smothering at times. That's a playoff team.

I, too, think they will improve a lot. Those aren't rookies (although it appeared so most of the night).

The (un)special teams debacles made that a game. IUP should have won comfortably. Three major screw-ups (not counting the dumb personal foul). Call it four.

Have to ask ... Where the hell was Adam Houser? He was a spark yet was rarely seen.

Karst missed Lockhart in the fourth for a TD but then hit Quinn so perfectly for the game winner. Karst's run on that 3rd and 17 for a first was massive.

Speaking of Lockhart, I think his incredible TD showed his knee is 100 percent.

Felt bad for Younger on what should have been a house call on the next play. He just got off balance.

Thought the PI call on 11 was trash. Didn't see 91's face mask that reversed the pick. I'll have to watch the video.

Both teams missed FGs but both kickers redeemed themselves.

Only one game ... BUT, that's a big one game.

Comment

They announced (I think) 5,292.

It was over 6,000 in reality
            ...and it looks like a lot of people in the stands hit the Co-op Store for a lot of IUP Swag.....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

...and it looks like a lot of people in the stands hit the Co-op Store for a lot of IUP Swag.....
              That IUP Gear from the Co-Op store stoked the rally. Just ask Tort.

Comment

One thing I learned watching the first half...the student section was packed.

LOL!

Comment

Colorado Mines up 28-14 on Grand Valley w/6 mins to go.

Comment

The Marching Band could well march more....they were very stationary.

However the last guy wouldn't have let the dance team on the field...was a nice change of pace considering the band wasn't moving.

On the the second half.

Comment

Oh my.

Comment

Grand Valley tied it up with 31 seconds left but still lost 31-28.

Comment

Karst ran well when he ran but he wasn't too elusive in the pocket There was a lot of pressure (too much) but he didn't scramble a lot.

Comment

Lot to clean up (and fire the special teams coach) but that wasn't some slouch. Ashland is very tough.
                            There is the problem. No one on the coaching staff is listed as special teams coordinator or anything special teams for that matter. It seems to be an after thought. I told my wife I am going to email Tort as I am a special teams coordinator at the high school level.

Comment

That was a tough task for a new OL. Ashland's D is no joke -- especially up front. They were smothering at times. That's a playoff team.

I, too, think they will improve a lot. Those aren't rookies (although it appeared so most of the night).

The (un)special teams debacles made that a game. IUP should have won comfortably. Three major screw-ups (not counting the dumb personal foul). Call it four.

Have to ask ... Where the hell was Adam Houser? He was a spark yet was rarely seen.

Karst missed Lockhart in the fourth for a TD but then hit Quinn so perfectly for the game winner. Karst's run on that 3rd and 17 for a first was massive.

Speaking of Lockhart, I think his incredible TD showed his knee is 100 percent.

Felt bad for Younger on what should have been a house call on the next play. He just got off balance.

Thought the PI call on 11 was trash. Didn't see 91's face mask that reversed the pick. I'll have to watch the video.

Both teams missed FGs but both kickers redeemed themselves.

Only one game ... BUT, that's a big one game.

Ashlands scoring drives were 1 yd, 8 yds and 1 yd. Under 200 yds total offense - and like you say their offense isn't a slouch. I think both picks were tipped. Ashland didn't make many mistakes. The iup D was impressive.

When they actually got punts off they averaged 50 yds, I thought the muffed punt took a screwy bounce, so some bad luck. so there's hope.

not sure what was up with the o-line, The Ashland adjustments in the 2nd quarter worked pretty well.

The last TD to Zinoble looked like a blown coverage, can't believe they only had man coverage. No one in the PSAC will be able to cover him one on one.

Should be an interesting season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                                Stop with the freaking camera cuts during the play!
                                I've seen the same thing on Shepherd TV broadcasts...Annoying.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X