Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Bloomsburg football
Collapse
Support The Site!
Collapse
X
-
The Lackawanna football game is scheduled to be on local TV in NE PA. on MYTV WQMY, also on their Facebook Page, or on our FOX56 WOLF-TV YouTube page.
-
Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
ESU ran a play after the clock had expired on Saturday night. They scored a TD on the play and I can't believe the crew let it stand. The diminishing quality of officiating is more than concerning...
It's a terrible job. They have the travel combined with low pay. They get screamed at the whole afternoon. Add those three items up and it makes you wonder why on Earth anybody would actually want to officiate.
So, what's left is a lot of the undesirables who should be working the small school high school circuit.
Leave a comment:
-
ESU ran a play after the clock had expired on Saturday night. They scored a TD on the play and I can't believe the crew let it stand. The diminishing quality of officiating is more than concerning...Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
Both teams were undisciplined, but I think this was just a bad crew. At one point, Sheptock successfully challenged whether or not a BU incompletion should have occurred on account of the third quarter clock hitting 0:00 before the snap, which I have never seen in a football game. I didn’t even know you could challenge that.
Leave a comment:
-
Good come from behind win for the Huskies! Brutal early performance put them in a huge hole. The weather didn’t help anyone do anything but Etheridge needs to take better care of the football. The fumbles I can sort of live with due to the wet conditions but the two picks were just terrible throws. Good all around team win. Interesting to note Bloom has already matched last years season total of wins. They’ve been winning the close games this year that they didn’t last year. I’d really like to see them come out and dominate Lackawanna next weekend.
Leave a comment:
-
Both teams were undisciplined, but I think this was just a bad crew. At one point, Sheptock successfully challenged whether or not a BU incompletion should have occurred on account of the third quarter clock hitting 0:00 before the snap, which I have never seen in a football game. I didn’t even know you could challenge that.Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
Nice win for you guys. Haven't had a chance to see the game yet, but I always wonder what's going on when I see 35 penalties called in a game. Second week in a row that Ship has won most of the statistics except the one that counts — the score. But given the youth of our team the competitiveness has been encouraging. Our reward is hosting Kutztown next week.
Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, I think Jensen has done well for a first-year starter. The rushing stat is interesting. I don't know if that says more about Bloomsburg's defense or IUP's. We'll probably find out more as the season progresses. Bloom-Ship was one of the big games in the East for a few years. It would be nice to see it become more meaningful again.Originally posted by Bart View Post
After losing to Ship 5 of the last 6 outings, it was a nice win. Ship's QB is very elusive and impressive, or he would have been sacked more. Surprised they ran for 221 yards on 39 attempts against IUP, but only 30 on 29 attempts against Bloom.
Leave a comment:
-
After losing to Ship 5 of the last 6 outings, it was a nice win. Ship's QB is very elusive and impressive, or he would have been sacked more. Surprised they ran for 221 yards on 39 attempts against IUP, but only 30 on 29 attempts against Bloom.Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
Nice win for you guys. Haven't had a chance to see the game yet, but I always wonder what's going on when I see 35 penalties called in a game. Second week in a row that Ship has won most of the statistics except the one that counts — the score. But given the youth of our team the competitiveness has been encouraging. Our reward is hosting Kutztown next week.
Leave a comment:
-
Nice win for you guys. Haven't had a chance to see the game yet, but I always wonder what's going on when I see 35 penalties called in a game. Second week in a row that Ship has won most of the statistics except the one that counts — the score. But given the youth of our team the competitiveness has been encouraging. Our reward is hosting Kutztown next week.Originally posted by Bart View PostThe football team really came through yesterday. The offense turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, but the special teams came through with two TD's and the D got a safety. The team wins. I sat through the rain and thought about leaving at half, but was glad I stayed just a litte bit longer.
The refs were bad, and had to overturn two of their own calls on challenges. They called a total of 35 penalties combined for 294 yards. On Ship's final scoring drive of 77 yard, Bloom gave them 40 yards on penalties. Bloom needs to take close look at that, but the refs were awful.
Leave a comment:
-
The football team really came through yesterday. The offense turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, but the special teams came through with two TD's and the D got a safety. The team wins. I sat through the rain and thought about leaving at half, but was glad I stayed just a litte bit longer.
The refs were bad, and had to overturn two of their own calls on challenges. They called a total of 35 penalties combined for 294 yards. On Ship's final scoring drive of 77 yard, Bloom gave them 40 yards on penalties. Bloom needs to take close look at that, but the refs were awful.
Leave a comment:
-
One way to support Bloom athletics: https://bloomsburgathletics.com/news...ler-horst.aspx
Tyler Horst was a fullback for Bloom and died from injuries in a car accident in 2021. Make a donation if you can.
Leave a comment:
-
Smart move for Bloom, of course, would be to install a lot of stuff that wasn't on that video. I guess this incident does show that PSAC staffers do take a glance at this site once in a while.Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
I thought it was a little odd. I'm sure Ship would have tuned in.
Leave a comment:
-
I thought it was a little odd. I'm sure Ship would have tuned in.Originally posted by Bart View Post
I guess there was a reason I had never seen practice sessions on Bloom's website before.
Leave a comment:
-
Penn State will host Bloomsburg in wrestling on Nov. 12 in Rec Hall, according to Bloomsburg's schedule on its website.
Leave a comment:
-
I guess there was a reason I had never seen practice sessions on Bloom's website before.Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
I did that. I also edited the post you were quoting.
There was nothing out of line about what was posted but I removed the link to the practice video that was shared. Someone in the Bloomsburg program saw the post and asked me if I could take it down while they also contacted the right people to have the video removed from the PSAC Digital Network. That video was not supposed to be there, it was published to the network by mistake. It was removed early this morning.
Leave a comment:
-
I did that. I also edited the post you were quoting.Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View PostWhat got edited in my post (No. 570 in this thread)?
There wasn't anything even remotely out of line.
Just curious as I've never seen that before (ever).
There was nothing out of line about what was posted but I removed the link to the practice video that was shared. Someone in the Bloomsburg program saw the post and asked me if I could take it down while they also contacted the right people to have the video removed from the PSAC Digital Network. That video was not supposed to be there, it was published to the network by mistake. It was removed early this morning.
Leave a comment:
Ad3
Collapse
Leave a comment: