Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherd 2024

Spot for NSD tomorrow and all things Shepherd. Some big guys in the recruiting class that have committed on Twitter. Some of the OL/DL I've seen:

Kyvon Cutchin DT 6'2" 305lbs
    Solomon Sidbury DT/OL 6'3" 290 lbs
    Datangnan Pittman DT 6'2" 260lbs
    Braylon Brown OL 6'2" 300 lbs
    Camron Banks OL 6'1" 270 lbs
    Brett Kwoka DT/DE 6'1" 245 lbs (Delaware Transfer)
    Jack Boulton OL 6'2" 285 lbs
    Andrew Racosky OL 6'7" 335 lbs

Hopefully some pan out, would nice to get a little bigger inside on the DL.

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Spot for NSD tomorrow and all things Shepherd. Some big guys in the recruiting class that have committed on Twitter. Some of the OL/DL I've seen:

Kyvon Cutchin DT 6'2" 305lbs
    Solomon Sidbury DT/OL 6'3" 290 lbs
    Datangnan Pittman DT 6'2" 260lbs
    Braylon Brown OL 6'2" 300 lbs
    Camron Banks OL 6'1" 270 lbs
    Brett Kwoka DT/DE 6'1" 245 lbs (Delaware Transfer)
    Jack Boulton OL 6'2" 285 lbs
    Andrew Racosky OL 6'7" 335 lbs

Hopefully some pan out, would nice to get a little bigger inside on the DL.
    I love seeing high school heights and weights. I've found typically subtract about 40 lbs on the weight and at least an inch or two on the height.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I love seeing high school heights and weights. I've found typically subtract about 40 lbs on the weight and at least an inch or two on the height.
      Either 40 lbs or they need to shed 40 lbs and put it back on the right way, yea.

Comment

Signed players per Shepherd's twitter/X @suramsfootball (will update throughout the day)

Braylon Brown OL 6'2" 300lbs Morgantown HS Morgantown, WV
        Will Patterson WR 5'11" 180lbs Mountain Ridge HS Frostburg, MD
        Datangnan Pittman DL 6'2" 255lbs Dundalk HS Baltimore, MD
        Andrew Racosky OT 6'7" 335lbs Brunswick HS Brunswick, MD
        Malachi Barnes LB 6'0" 220lbs Millford Mill Academy Baltimore, MD
        Jaden Marine DT Concorida Prep Baltimore, MD
        Gavin Solito WR 5'7" 170lbs Stephen Decatur HS Berlin, MD
        Donavan Phillips RB 5'10" 175 lbs Massaponax HS Fredericksburg, VA
        Blake Powell K 5'9" 170lbs Allegany HS Cumberland, MD
        Patrick Thomas QB 6'2" 205lbs Woodgrove HS Purcellville, VA
        Roman Spikes RB 5'10" 170lbs Paint Branch HS Burtonsville, MD
        Camron Banks OL 6'2" 270 lbs Fort Hill HS Cumberland, MD
        EJ Hendrix OL 6'1" 250lbs Martinsburg HS Martinsburg, WV
        Last edited by Ram040506; 02-07-2024, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Link to the class https://shepherdrams.com/news/2024/2...ing-class.aspx

21 kids plus 2 transfers. Really like how they went out and got a long snapper, it is so nice to not have to worry about that portion of the special teams unit.

Some really big lineman on the interior both OL and DL. Freshman aren't typically contributors, especially lineman so hoping they can get in shape and be ready in a year or so.

Antonio Berry will be a name to remember on this. I've been watching him for a few years now and he is electric. Coach McCook is going to love getting him the ball in space and moving him around the formation. As long as everything is in order, I'd expect him to see the field pretty early at least on special teams as a returner. The other WR Gavin Solito looks like a Ryan Beach clone on film.

Heavy focus on the lineman, hopefully they pan out.

Comment

Link to the class https://shepherdrams.com/news/2024/2...ing-class.aspx

21 kids plus 2 transfers. Really like how they went out and got a long snapper, it is so nice to not have to worry about that portion of the special teams unit.

Some really big lineman on the interior both OL and DL. Freshman aren't typically contributors, especially lineman so hoping they can get in shape and be ready in a year or so.

Antonio Berry will be a name to remember on this. I've been watching him for a few years now and he is electric. Coach McCook is going to love getting him the ball in space and moving him around the formation. As long as everything is in order, I'd expect him to see the field pretty early at least on special teams as a returner. The other WR Gavin Solito looks like a Ryan Beach clone on film.

Heavy focus on the lineman, hopefully they pan out.
            Agree- Like the addition of size on both the OL and DL. I was hoping for a few more transfers who could bring in some leadership/experience --- Maybe during the spring portal window that opens on May 1 for a 15-days, we can add a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

Agree- Like the addition of size on both the OL and DL. I was hoping for a few more transfers who could bring in some leadership/experience --- Maybe during the spring portal window that opens on May 1 for a 15-days, we can add a couple more.
              Probably will add a couple more in the spring portal period. They are probably really hard to find, but another pass rusher would be huge for the defense. Can never have enough of those. The 3 main stalwarts on the DL return and I like the depth at DT. The LB's come back and the corners should be fine.

OL has 4 returning starters back. Pretty much the entire skill group at RB and WR are back. Not sure if they will move Brown back to WR this year, he had about a dozen fumbles too many last year, and we get the big back back in Jordan Barnett. Will be interesting to see what happens at QB. Do they roll with what they have and let Lek Powell/Ezra Bagent battle for #1? Seems like they are going to let them battle it out at least through spring ball. I guess if they bring in a transfer after that, we'll know that they weren't loving what they were seeing.

Comment

Probably will add a couple more in the spring portal period. They are probably really hard to find, but another pass rusher would be huge for the defense. Can never have enough of those. The 3 main stalwarts on the DL return and I like the depth at DT. The LB's come back and the corners should be fine.

OL has 4 returning starters back. Pretty much the entire skill group at RB and WR are back. Not sure if they will move Brown back to WR this year, he had about a dozen fumbles too many last year, and we get the big back back in Jordan Barnett. Will be interesting to see what happens at QB. Do they roll with what they have and let Lek Powell/Ezra Bagent battle for #1? Seems like they are going to let them battle it out at least through spring ball. I guess if they bring in a transfer after that, we'll know that they weren't loving what they were seeing.
                I like the Spring portal for that exact reason - teams/players may not be feeling as if it's a perfect fit and it gives them both the option to see what's available.

Comment

Originally posted by nova2wv View Post

I like the Spring portal for that exact reason - teams/players may not be feeling as if it's a perfect fit and it gives them both the option to see what's available.
                  Yes, but if it's a QB, I'd much rather have him here going through spring ball and learning the offense as opposed to trying to pick it all up in fall camp while getting used to his new teammates and surroundings.

Comment

Looks like Shepherd got another big DT out of Virginia.

Anwaar Smith DT 6'2" 310lbs Flint Hill HS Oakton, VA

Looks like he's pretty well put together, really stands out in his hudl film for his sheer size compared to the other players. Moves well. Another big body can't hurt.

Comment

Sammy Roberts (local Jefferson kid) seems to be the # 2 behind Powell entering spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

Sammy Roberts (local Jefferson kid) seems to be the # 2 behind Powell entering spring.
                        Yea, meant to add him before. Thanks.

Everything I've heard is Powell is the guy and needs to show them he can do it. Otherwise, I think they hit the portal post spring ball for a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro33 View Post

I liked what I saw of Roberts in very limited action.

Comment

Yea, meant to add him before. Thanks.

Everything I've heard is Powell is the guy and needs to show them he can do it. Otherwise, I think they hit the portal post spring ball for a QB.

What's the word on Ezra Bagent?

Comment

Originally posted by Huskie14 View Post

What's the word on Ezra Bagent?
                              He’s not Tyson… smaller, needs to get a lot stronger.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X