Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cignetti vs. Hale

I had some time on my hands, so I did some research. Frank Cignetti's record vs. Danny Hale is 9-3. Very impressive. 2-0 vs. Hale at West Chester and 7-3 vs. Bloomsburg.

No real reason for this post other than I was bored and curious. I like IUP's page, very detailed history.
    GO HUSKIES!

But bloom has the better stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by CC_BU View Post
      I had some time on my hands, so I did some research. Frank Cignetti's record vs. Danny Hale is 9-3. Very impressive. 2-0 vs. Hale at West Chester and 7-3 vs. Bloomsburg.

No real reason for this post other than I was bored and curious. I like IUP's page, very detailed history.
      Including 2-0 in State Games….

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Including 2-0 in State Games….
        Yes, I believe those were the West Chester games.
        GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
          Indeed!
          GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Yes, I believe those were the West Chester games.
            But Frank was really 2-1 at minimum when Hale was at Walk In U. They played twice in 87. Hale clocked Frank in the season opener and IUP won the rematch in the State Game. I don’t recall his total tenure at WOU.

Letting Hale leave was the biggest blunder in WOU history… just a colossal failure.
            Last edited by IUPNation; 04-21-2024, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
              Now.

In the 90’s there were no visitors stands. You sat on the grass. No loo on that side either then..,or food. But the view was nice.

Comment

But Frank was really 2-1 at minimum when Hale was at Walk In U. They played twice in 87. Hale clocked Frank in the season opener and IUP won the rematch in the State Game. I don’t recall his total tenure at WOU.
                Letting Hale leave was the biggest blunder in WOU history… just a colossal failure.
                I was about to post about that. You're right, I missed that. So that makes it Frank 9, Hale 4

GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Ok..so I looked up Hales time at WOU..84 to 88.

Frank was 9-4 head to head.

Hale was 7-10 overall vs IUP. 6-7 at Bloomsburg and 1-3 at WOU(he lost to Chaump in 85). He never lost to IUP after Frank “ retired”. He never lost to The Lou Tepper or Curt.

Comment

As a reminder, these two great coaches are still the only ones from the Pee Sack to win National Semi Final playoff games.

Comment

Now.

In the 90’s there were no visitors stands. You sat on the grass. No loo on that side either then..,or food. But the view was nice.
                      Their were visitor stands in the seventies, During the renovation they may have been removed before the new stands arrived, but that was only a year.

Comment

I was about to post about that. You're right, I missed that. So that makes it Frank 9, Hale 4

The decline of the West Chester program from above average to mediocre in recent years has really pulled the overall strength of the East down. They were one of the flagship programs for years. And there's really no reason why a school that size can't put a better team on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

The decline of the West Chester program from above average to mediocre in recent years has really pulled the overall strength of the East down. They were one of the flagship programs for years. And there's really no reason why a school that size can't put a better team on the field.
                          Coach stayed too long.

Comment

Most of the schools that have had any success seem to have had a guy there with a really long tenure in this league.

Slippery Rock- Dr. George Mihalik 28 seasons 197-111-4
                            Shepherd- Monte Cater 31 seasons 245-93-1
                            IUP- Frank Cignetti- 20 seasons 182-50-1
                            Bloomsburg- Danny Hale 20 seasons 173-56-1
                            East Stroudsburg- Dennis Douds 45 seasons 264-204-3
                            West Chester- Bill Zwann 21 seasons 163-76
                            Shippensburg- Rocky Rees 21 seasons 123-110-1
                            Millersville- Gene Carpenter 31 seasons 212-89-6

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

There were visitor stands in the seventies, During the renovation they may have been removed before the new stands arrived, but that was only a year.
                              I remember sitting on the grass a few times in the distant past.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X