Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virginia Union vs Kutztown (Round 1, D2 playoffs)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Union vs Kutztown (Round 1, D2 playoffs)

Well the Panthers got moved to SR1 (Shepherd from the PSAC was moved to SR2). Hope these guys can play in colder weather. SR1 is definitely an easier path through the playoffs than SR2 tends to be. Blessing in disguise? 🤷🏾‍♂️

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/football/d2/2023

CIAA gets welcomed back to SR1. Yes, outside of Bowie the CIAA hasn't had much success in SR2 so this is a blessing for VUU.

Not saying Kutztown is going to be a cakewalk, but I like VUU's chances better than if they were playing at a GSC school or LR. Granted I would have liked to see the rubber match between VUU and Valdosta State.

Comment

VUU could be bound to make history. Kutztown with a Freshman QB and a team that like run against a Union Defense that has only given up 1 Rushing touchdown All season. Very intriguing!!!

Comment

Should make for an interesting game. I'd take the under in this one, Kutztown's defense is very sound and strong against the run. VUU doesn't look like they pass the ball all that well, so it really looks like its shaping up to be a battle of wills.

The freshie QB for Kutztown Novak is going to be a problem in future years. He's got great talent, very mobile in the run game and when things breakdown for them. They are very well coached and typically don't beat themselves.

I see Kutztown being able to manage VUU's run game, and stealing a tough hard fought 17-14 type of game.

Comment

ugly CIAA ugly. Is VUU having a bad day or being exposed?

Comment

Valdosta would've hung 100 on em.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
              ugly CIAA ugly. Is VUU having a bad day or being exposed?
              I didn't pay for the stream, so I have no idea what happened. 24 point loss is obviously bad, but there were 5 other first round games that had bigger margins of victory, and then two more with 21 point margin of victories. It looks like this year, in the majority of cases, 2-4 in the respective regions were a lot better than 5-7.

Comment

Well at least they didn't suffer the worse loss of round 1 🤷🏾‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                  Well at least they didn't suffer the worse loss of round 1 🤷🏾‍♂️
                  Yep, good thing Kutztown called off the dogs early after going up 35-7 in the second quarter.

Comment

SR 1 usually doesn't do well in the semifinals because it doesn't have the 3-4 fully funded super teams that some of the other regions have, but that doesn't mean that we don't play some decent football in the region. Having 15 D2 programs in Pa. tends to thin out the talent, but several of Kutztown's wins in the PSAC were much closer than the opening playoff game.

Comment

Suddenly the loss to Kutztown doesn't look so bad 😅

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X