Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC A&T

Is there any truth to the rumor NC A&T wants back in the CIAA?

If you're talking about this article.... check the date: https://247sports.com/college/ncat/a...iaa-229569994/

Comment

Thank You!! EastStroud13....I didn't pay attention to the date! Moving on....

Comment

Good attempt at an April's Fool joke, but it does hit at a string of truth with the alums who don't like losing in the CAA and have been vocal about wanting to go back to the MEAC. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
          Good attempt at an April's Fool joke, but it does hit at a string of truth with the alums who don't like losing in the CAA and have been vocal about wanting to go back to the MEAC. Lol
          This, of course, presumes that the MEAC is still around in about 10-15 years.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

This, of course, presumes that the MEAC is still around in about 10-15 years.
            That's a fair statement. As long as this core group of the 6 football schools stays together I think they will be fine, but if any of the football schools leave then I think it's over for the MEAC.

I've heard no official rumors, and don't want to see them go, but you do have to wonder if VA State is going to try to make the move up soon. They've got a quality D1 mid major basketball arena and field a bunch of sports that the CIAA doesn't sponsor. VA State could be the catalyst to keeping the MEAC together if they decide to move up in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
              I've heard no official rumors, and don't want to see them go, but you do have to wonder if VA State is going to try to make the move up soon. They've got a quality D1 mid major basketball arena and field a bunch of sports that the CIAA doesn't sponsor. VA State could be the catalyst to keeping the MEAC together if they decide to move up in the near future.
              Going to the MEAC wouldn't fix the sports offering thing-- the MEAC sponsors basically the same sports the CIAA does. The one difference is that the MEAC has men's tennis, which the CIAA doesn't have... But the MEAC also doesn't have men's golf, which the CIAA does have, so you'd pretty much be trading one unsponsored sport for the other (VA State has both of these sports)

Comment

Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

Going to the MEAC wouldn't fix the sports offering thing-- the MEAC sponsors basically the same sports the CIAA does. The one difference is that the MEAC has men's tennis, which the CIAA doesn't have... But the MEAC also doesn't have men's golf, which the CIAA does have, so you'd pretty much be trading one unsponsored sport for the other (VA State has both of these sports)
                Good point. I didn't even realize that the MEAC didn't sponsor Men's golf.

I do wonder though what was VA State's plan around adding sports like Soccer and Lacrosse. I would hope they didn't add all these sports just to be an independent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X