5 Carson-Newman 7-2 .525
    6 West Florida 6-2 .571
    7 Virginia St. 8-1 .475
    8 Delta St. 6-2 .568
    9 Albany St. (GA) 7-3 .502
    10 Fayetteville St. 8-2 .415

Comment

Comment

If Albany State is in via Earned Access, they have to play a #2 seed.

Comment

Comment

There's no rule that a #6 has to play a #3. UWF might easily be sent to Wingate, which is just barely within 600 miles.

Comment

<>

Comment

I just looked and saw that Virginia State doesn't have a game this week. Do you think it's possible that DSU will jump them as a 7-2 team because of their extremely weak schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post
                  I just looked and saw that Virginia State doesn't have a game this week. Do you think it's possible that DSU will jump them as a 7-2 team because of their extremely weak schedule?
                  Even if you did you'd get bumped by earned access and even if WF lost, they have the tiebreaker over you guys. I'm afraid the Okra is done.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Even if you did you'd get bumped by earned access and even if WF lost, they have the tiebreaker over you guys. I'm afraid the Okra is done.
                    Albany still has a championship game against Miles. In region UWF would have 3 losses. Anything can happen when a committee is making the final decision. Still only a slim chance for the Okra, if they win.

Comment

Originally posted by greendog72 View Post

Albany still has a championship game against Miles. In region UWF would have 3 losses. Anything can happen when a committee is making the final decision. Still only a slim chance for the Okra, if they win.
                      If Miles wins they'll climb into the rankings, maybe not up to 8 which means there is still hope. Good luck, I'll be pulling for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

If Miles wins they'll climb into the rankings, maybe not up to 8 which means there is still hope. Good luck, I'll be pulling for you guys.
                        They only need to climb to 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Oh, that could be a problem. I thought they went from top 10 to top 8, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

You are correct. If they are 10 it would not apply. Must be within 2 spots of the bracket size.

Comment

Originally posted by greendog72 View Post

Even if West Florida would lose this weekend I would be very surprised if Delta State jumps them. Tough to forget UWF beat Delta State 48-3. If you lose by 45 points to anyone you probably aren't going to the playoffs, much less jumping the team that beat you by 45.
                              * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                              * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                              * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post
                                There's a chance of this, but you'll probably need a Carson Newman loss as well to get up to the 6 seed, and that may not be enough. Miles may not get in even with a win allowing you to only need to jump VA St, but my gut tells me they aren't holding a SIAC team out this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X