X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship Game Preview GSC vs NSIC

Here is my preview yall for the game.
    https://www.d2football.com/gsc-natio...ew-2019-12-20/

Boy oh boy, do I hope you are correct. Excellent as always, Jay. Loved it. I'm just going to keep the trend going and pretend you said, Minnesota State 24 West Florida 13.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

West Florida going to run circles around that slow over hype Minnesota team. My Blazers with Coach Bell would hang 40 plus on them

Comment

Minnesota State scores 48 a game. UWF might hold them to 28 or 30, but I don't believe they can hold them to 13 (I do think MSU's o-line against UWF's d-line is gonna be a fun battle to watch. Same on the flip side).

Minnesota State's lost 2 games in the last 3 years (the same number that UWF lost this year). MSU-M's 40-2 during that time. TheyThey aren't a pushover.

Can UWF put up 24 on the best defense in the country? Maybe. But will it be enough?

I think it's gonna be a slobber knocker of a ball game. Looking forward to watching it.

Comment

They don't look slow to me. In my opinion, they do look big and talented. I will say this though, a lot of people saw the jaw-dropping Minnesota State vs Slippery Rock score of 58-15. Let's not forget, Slippery Rock gave up 59 the week before. A lot of people also probably don't remember that in last Saturday's game it was only a 2 score game with 8:33 left in the 3rd and Slippery Rock had momentum going. A muffed punt in the first half by The Rock also helped lead to a Minnesota State touchdown. Not letting Zylstra get huge plays and shutting down the running game as we did vs Ferris State will be huge keys if the Argos want to win 1 more. The Mavs are really good, but our D looks nothing like Slippery Rock.

Yes, the Argos have their hands full...but Minnesota State does as well. The Mavs average 48 for the season, true, but that didn't come against a Gulf South Conference schedule. We've averaged 36 a game vs the #1, #2, #6 ranked teams in the country the last 3 weeks. Which of those stats is more impressive and scary?

This should be a great game, but the spread in Vegas in 10. I'm not seeing it that way.
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Watched both semifinal games. Both Argos and Mavs are really good. A turnover may decide the game.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Argos +7 in turnovers gained in playoffs and Mavs -1 in playoffs. If running games jammed up by both D, I don't see Mavs passing game keeping up with Argos passing game and especially if the Argos get a few strip fumbles, which they usually do.

Comment

In the Playoffs alone, UWF is much more battle tested, but both look like good, complete teams to me. I think it'll be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
                  West Florida going to run circles around that slow over hype Minnesota team. My Blazers with Coach Bell would hang 40 plus on them

Comment

"How slow is the Maverick defense? They are so slow that their forty yard dash is timed with a calendar instead of a stop watch".

Remember, the tortoise won the race, not the hare.

Comment

Should be a great game! Go Argos!!
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                            They don't look slow to me. In my opinion, they do look big and talented. I will say this though, a lot of people saw the jaw-dropping Minnesota State vs Slippery Rock score of 58-15. Let's not forget, Slippery Rock gave up 59 the week before. A lot of people also probably don't remember that in last Saturday's game it was only a 2 score game with 8:33 left in the 3rd and Slippery Rock had momentum going. A muffed punt in the first half by The Rock also helped lead to a Minnesota State touchdown. Not letting Zylstra get huge plays and shutting down the running game as we did vs Ferris State will be huge keys if the Argos want to win 1 more. The Mavs are really good, but our D looks nothing like Slippery Rock.

Yes, the Argos have their hands full...but Minnesota State does as well. The Mavs average 48 for the season, true, but that didn't come against a Gulf South Conference schedule. We've averaged 36 a game vs the #1, #2, #6 ranked teams in the country the last 3 weeks. Which of those stats is more impressive and scary?

This should be a great game, but the spread in Vegas in 10. I'm not seeing it that way.

Comment

Certainly a great point. Minnesota State looks great. I've said that over and over. I think it will be a great game. Whoever wins the line of scrimmage wins the game I think.
                              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X