https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820579

Comment

Re: UWG Thread 2019

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
      Haha. Cool story!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Looks like it actually *IS* the AD's job to raise money and some do it pretty well.

https://twitter.com/ChipBrown247/sta...86217980010496

I'm told the Lenoir-Rhyne AD raised $1.5 million last year.

https://www.hickoryrecord.com/sports...e081cfa5f.html

Comment

"Significant Changes" - http://www.uwgsports.com/ViewArticle...B_OEM_ID=24310

Still missing so many things they could have done. General admission season tickets? Different levels for those that choose to donate?...and $250 for a parking pass?!? GTFO. This is such a lazy attempt to fix the entire issue.

Comment

I have to say they're pretty close to getting this right. Last year you had to give $125 for each seat purchased and still had to buy the parking pass. Now you give nothing per seat but if you give $250 you get the parking pass for free. This is pretty reasonable.

I would also like to see:

1. Ability to purchase a parking pass outright for $100.
            2. A family game package that includes 2-4 tickets and comes with a $15-20 concession stand credit.
            3. They did miss on not offering GA season seats for $75.

I would say it appears they at least listened.

Comment

It's closer, much closer (hard to get further away than they were.)

I still think they're handcuffing themselves and fans by there being one, single option.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfBreed View Post
                "Significant Changes" - http://www.uwgsports.com/ViewArticle...B_OEM_ID=24310

Still missing so many things they could have done. General admission season tickets? Different levels for those that choose to donate?...and $250 for a parking pass?!? GTFO. This is such a lazy attempt to fix the entire issue.

Comment

Sure - and they won't always be fixed and new issues crop up all the time.

I thought the questionnaire was great and I hope that more changes/improvements are made from that - notably with students & game day experiences.

I think this is a good alteration to the pricing issues - but I don't think it has the depth to be noted as a significant change. It was a logical change - and the seat back pricing is now in line with what it should have been in the first place.

I'm also a grumpy fan at this point - I know that. There's just so much left on the table, in a multitude of areas.

Comment

I have to say they're pretty close to getting this right. Last year you had to give $125 for each seat purchased and still had to buy the parking pass. Now you give nothing per seat but if you give $250 you get the parking pass for free. This is pretty reasonable.

I would also like to see:

1. Ability to purchase a parking pass outright for $100.
                    2. A family game package that includes 2-4 tickets and comes with a $15-20 concession stand credit.
                    3. They did miss on not offering GA season seats for $75.

I would say it appears they at least listened.
                    I am pretty surprised you HAVE to pay for parking.

VSU is always free.
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                      I am pretty surprised you HAVE to pay for parking.

VSU is always free.
                      You guys have like 47 spots; the rest you don't own so you really couldn't charge for them if you wanted to.

Comment

You guys have like 47 spots; the rest you don't own so you really couldn't charge for them if you wanted to.
                        Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 02-28-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

To add to this years pricing changes:

The reserved Lot B parking is available through the "UWG Foundation" with a min $250 donation but there are no more individual reserved spots. Its on a first come first serve basis. So these prime spots people have had reserved for years can be taken from them if someone else gets there earlier.

Seems a bit unfair to the long-time donors with prime tailgate spots.

I think the University needs to consolidate the donation programs to one website with one drop-down menu to select which program/department you'd like to donate to and have the options fill in from there. Navigating through these sites is getting a bit confusing and there's little information on what each donation will get you (ie a parking pass for a football donation).

Comment

NWMSU has a nice setup

Comment

NWMSU has a nice setup
                                I think that's my qualm with the whole situation. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Plenty of schools (almost all) have a pretty good system in place when it comes to donations/ticketing - so just find a couple of options and customize it to UWG. Just within our conference. AUM doesn't have football, but their booster club set up is pretty well done.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X